first concert you ever went to?

Mothers Of Invention 1969

The next week I caught Spirit, Youngbloods and Richie Havens in a triple header.

I think ticket prices were 4 or 5 dollars.

Way back in 1996 I went to see Sleeper at Brixton Academy (now O2 Academy Brixton).

LouiseWener460x276.jpg

It was during the release of The It Girl album, which coincidentally was their best (imo).

1327.jpg

OMG, I just found it on youtube!. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g6gRnjhGems&p=1454E90E3ABEF52B&playnext=1&index=29

Foo Fighters 1999, first tour they did. Was great seeing dave grohl in a small venue before the band blew up and changed.

First rave was 2000, qbert, christopher lawrence, sandra collins, richie hawtin, and a bunch I cant remember.

I saw staind like 6 times when I was a teenager! They did put on some good shows back then..

Nirvana and sonic youth in 91 i think..or 90..anyway saw them back in the day...I was really fucked up so I do not remmber much except i think i had a really good time..lol

Fucking nice..

Dead Kennedys
Sydney - Trade Union Club 1983

still a rock highlight for me after all these years - and there are plenty of others too :)

Wow you got to see The Dead Kennedys!!! I was only about 6 in 1983...My first was Nirvana and Sonic youth in 90 or 91 sometime...lol...one of those years i think...

Mine was a Cannibal Corpse concert back when I was 14, it was great. Come to think of it, I haven't been to a concert since then (though I tried to see Infected Mushroom a few years ago and got turned down for having no ID)

five man electrical band (Signs was their hit) probably 71 or 72. Kiss w/The Ramones opening in 77 was the first one i paid for and went of my own accord. Hated Ramones at the time. A year later i hated Kiss and was starting to "get" the Ramones. LOL... Now i wish i had all those first pressing LPs =D

First concert I went to was to see U2..back in 1987, I was 6 years old. My Dad said for my birthday I could either get a bike or go see U2. I`m glad I skipped the bike! I remember my Mom making a U2 shirt for me out of a plain white tee and some spray paint and stencils and wearing it to the show later that night. I remember Bono had his arm in a sling(I`m guessing it was broken) for the whole show. We had kinda far away seats but my parents brought binoculars with us so I got to see everything up close. It was cool getting to stay up late on a school night and telling the teachers where I was the night before. I don`t think they believed me at first!
That concert definitely made an impression on me! In 6th grade I saw Ozzy and Alice in Chains with my Dad. Then In 8th grade I got to see Nine Inch Nails twice(along with the Jim Rose Circus and Marylin Manson),that started my life long love of NIN(and many more of their shows). Then I saw Lollapalooza with my Mom when I was 16. We were/are both big fans of Tool so it was awesome to see them play! Going to shows is still very much a part of my life today(that I now get to share with my girlfriend!)!

Oh God- this takes me back! It was David Bowie in 1972 at Chatham Central Hall. I was fourteen and had a seat right behind the sound mixer- the guys on the desk were so sweet. they kept offering me their "cigarettes" to share...can't remember much of the actual concert but "Width of a Circle" was absolutely awesome!In retrospect, Bowie was always pretty meh, but Mick Ronson was a fucking genius!

The Casualties with A Global Threat, opening. Hollywood summer 2000. I was 14, just a little punk.

The Who back in 74. Front row, and Roger Daltrey spat his water all over me %)

Enter Shikari, back before even their first album. Although my music taste has changed dramatically since then.