first concert you ever went to?

my first real concert was lollapalooza 94

smashing pumpkins, a tribe called quest, green day, beastie boys, dead fucking last,george clinton and a bunch of other good bands mmmmm.........goodness :)

I do believe it might have actually been Elton John, waaaayyy back in the 80's. I could be wrong, but it was someone *similar* to that genre. I was only 13 and was taken by my godparents, it wasn't exactly the wildest of nights.

The first one I REALLY remember (and that I bought my own ticket to) was the massive Guns & Roses, Skid Row and Rose Tattoo concert at Calder park in Melbourne in 1992 - it was wicked, 100,000 + people in a festival-style outdoor atmosphere, all banging heads in synchrony... my little 16-year-old mind was blown away :D

no doubt on their tragic kingdom tour... i believe it was in june of mid-late 90's... i was going into 5th grade and im a senior now... maybe 98?

Jurasic 5 with Dilated Peoples.

i cant remember what year that was. Probably about 6 years ago when i was into rap.

U2 - Under a Blood Red Sky tour - 1985, give or take a year.

Raced to the front when they came on and stayed a couple of people from the front the whole show. Huge difference between their shows then and now.

Free tickets to Iron Maiden
Pine Knob!

They were a lot better than I expected.

It was a battle of the bands in my town. It sucked A LOT. There was this one cheese metal band of all old dudes called Tank. The singer looked like the Twisted Sister dude and the guitarist had a neon green guitar. Fuckin' hilarious!

Offspring and Guttermouth. I can't remember the year but it was the Australian Americana tour. Highlights were seeing all the teenage girls at the front, who had only heard pretty fly, getting crushed to pieces once the mosh started. Guttermouth ripping into the security was also quite humourous...

ayjay said:
Dead Kennedys
Sydney - Trade Union Club 1983

still a rock highlight for me after all these years - and there are plenty of others too :)

I'm insanely, insanely jealous. I would have been a year old so there's not much chance of me having been there...

Beagle said:
my first music concert was a pennywise show...them the vandles, TSOL, and west coast dub all stars

Once again - jealous. Sounds like a great line up.

Billy Joel. With my mom at maybe 8 years old. I kept asking why the cigarette smoke smelled funny, and I got a headache.

Mys sister, mom, and me all went to see Boyz II Men and Brandy when I was around 11 or 12.... For that age it wasn't too terrible, but it's not really my taste now....

Hehe... I laugh everytime I think about how excited I was for this concert:

MC Hammer.... TLC and Boyz II Men opened for him

I was 10 and I went with my dad, my best friend and her dad... It was at Kings Island

lol