• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Overrated and underrated drugs

Nothing new to add, but here are my thoughts.

Underrated: Oxymorphone,Nitrous, Ketamine, ephedrine, lyrica, Seroquel, tramadol (when it wasn't scheduled)

Overated: Marijuana, Oxy/hydrocodone, alcohol, caffeine, cocaine, Benzos, san pedro

Just right: Meth & Heroin

overated: Cocaine
5-APB
MXP
DXM
Mescaline analogues (Proscaline IME escaline and allyescaline, allthough the latter slightly superior seem pretty bland alone...)
2C-B and 2C-i
3-MMC
Clonazepam
MDPV

underated: Methylphenidate IR
Ethylphenidate
2-FMA
Ketamine
Methoxetamine
Metocin
2C-E
4-MMC
Etaqualone (but bang for buck does come into account...)
Meprobamate
Loprazolam
4-FA

Obviously this is all and only IMO/IME... i could go on listing, but meh, more important things to do atm LOL ;)=D

820.jpeg

^If only my kindergarten teacher had sex with me too... lucky Ike

Last edited:
Overated: oxy, alcohol, adderall, hydrocodone

Underated: vyvanse, ambien (zolpidem), tramdol+weed, DMT, lsd.

^I agree with Dingus lol. If you get your hands on some good, clean, pure LSD, there is really nothing like it. So many dumbass kids out there could give a shit less if the acid they get is really LSD though, cause at least they "trip balls." 8)

Clean strong LSD is beautiful, there's no other word for it
Since the 90s its been a rarity from what I understand.

Definitely underrated by most of today's youth IMO too

Meth and heroin are both over and under rated.

Meth is like realizing too late that you've been dating an insane person. Great at first, you fuck nonstop and she'll do anything for you. And then two weeks later you wake up in a motel six not knowing what month it is and your car, phone, and wallet are all missing.

Heroin is like that x that's always there for you and you wonder why you dumped her in the first place. Until you get back together and realize how fucking whiny and needy she always is.

I feel like this post wont make any sense to anybody who hasn't been up for at least four days.

LSD is widely believed to be the best drug ever by basically everyone. If any drug CAN'T be underrated, it's acid.

Well people are also saying ketamine is underrated, but on here all it gets is rave reviews. I honestly do think it is possible for LSD to be underrated because its quality and availability has been diminishing, so not as many people get the true experience

The whole thread is kinda subjective.

Are you insane? Have you used it (heroin)? What has your experience been?

Dunno about him but my experience was bad as well, barf-o-la and day-long apathetic state were not enjoyed. I like meperidine far better than H. Must be the serotonin affair.

my experience was bad as well, barf-o-la and day-long

You did way too much. Besides, the best part of heroin is how after everyday use it alters your brain chemistry and makes you happy and makes you anticipate each dose with the thrill of christmas morning.

And while I've loved every LSD trip I've had, many have been different making me think I have never done real LSD. My first trip being in '97

Overrated: marijuana (THC) IMO is the most overrated. All it ever did to me was make me completely paranoid, and when that was over I jus became super hungry. Never really enjoyed either of the two feelings. Second most overrated is prolly cocaine/crack. The initial high is great but the duration of that awesome euphoria only lasting several minutes, it just doesn't seem worth the cost. Then comes that "do anything for just one more" feeling. And the feeling like you're gonna jump outta your own skin feeling. Nothing is worth havin to feel that dreaded anxiety.

Underrated: there are many but a few would be; xanax and buprenorphine. Which I am scripted both. I have beat my opiate addiction. Which due to chronic pain, I suffered with my opiate addiction for 11 years. I feel like I have my life back. I kno that many of u will have negative feedback. But I'm the one not fiendin for my next fix. Not hungry with no money bumming ciggs. I no longer wake up dope sick. I am able to experience happiness. I deff don't look down on addiction hence I am an addict myself just not in active addiction. I take 16mg of bupe daily. Also take xanax 1mg as needed up to 3X daily. GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!

my lists, unto general society that I have encountered

overrated:
cocaine, feels flat :`\
ethyl alcohol (drinking ethanol, booze) in general, but especially in the forms of cheap domestic U.S. beer brands like Miller or Milwauke's Best or Pabst Blue Ribbon -- why not just drink spiked toiet water while at it??
cigarettes and chew (if going for nicotine, which is pointless to begin with aside from filling a void left by an unnecessary addiction, why not vaporize or use a transdermal patch or chew gum or whatever other method that is not quite as gross? even puffing a cigar preferable methinkseth)
benzos (specifically alprazolam, diazepam, and clonazepam since Xanax, Valium, and Klonopin or their generic counterparts seem to be the most commonly prescribed benzodiazepines. The only benzo that I have ever tried is alprazolam swallowed, and was underwhelmed)
*2C-B (I dosed only once, light, didn't feel much... though from the reports I have read & heard, it sounds feel-goody like less potent MDxx with a psychedelic edge, not to be done all the time)
*the word 'narcotics' -- it has completely lost its meaning!! It drives me bonkers whenever I hear a policeman on television refer to "confiscating [a suspect's] narcotics", the implication orinally being reserved downers like barbs or sleeping pills or opiates, when oftentimes the substance in question is an upper (speed, coke,) or even just herb, or something else altogether maybe not even specifically psychoactive (e.g. anabolic steroids). I suppose that words evolve (or devolve..) in connotation and eventually denotation, but folks should really say what they mean and mean what they say. Usually when referencing psychoactive drug in general (i.e. of no specific psychopharmacology), especially contexts pertaining to the law or scheduled/illegal/prohibited/regulated/outlawed ones, the word 'drugs' suffices.

underrated:
hallucinogens in general
>>dissociatives in general (3MeO-PCP, ketamine, DXM, MXE, PCP, 5-MwO-DMT, nitrous oxide, toluene and other solvents, ether, et c) -- ahh, stereoscopic vision, blissful holing..
>>psychedelics in general (lysergamides, phens, tryps, and a-typical hallucinogens)
>>the notion of any deliriant (diphenhydramine, datura, et c.) whatsoever. The realms they open can be quite rewarding and spectacular, in a death-defying sorta way
sleep deprivation (realistic hallucinations anyone?)
high_quality (i.e. relatively_pure -grade) crack (freebase cocaine, smokable n'such) that hasn't been grotesquely cut with industrial products to hell and back. (have never done personally, in part due to this)
Aanita muscaira & A. pantherina: Is it the upset stomach from the ibotenic and/or muscarine which some people experience that off-puts the broader community? It is amazing that these giant caps have not caught-on, even if they are a little hit-and-miss. If only muscimol in pure form were easier to acquiesce. GABa-ergia be mystifing.
nutmeg (contains myristicin & elemicin) -- aside from the extreme cottonmouth induced by anticholinergia, I had quite a reqarding experience. Similar to cannabis and san pedro, and really horny
*dextromethorphan (DXM) HOW IS THIS MUCH FUN LEGAL?!?
lots of supplements (ginseng, horny goatweed, ...)
*methoxetamine (MXE)
Salvia divinorum: not for the faint of heart, to say the least
opium
prescription opioids & opiates such as codeine
25x-NByz`s (They have a relatively risky safety-profile and oftentime somewhat uncomfortable bodyload, true, but some of them are quite enjoyable and even rival LSD-25, especially for someone seeking more a clear headspace purely visual trip.
Althouh 25B-NBOMe did had me very confused)
DOx, AMT, LSx, and other compounds yielding effects similar to and in some cases even superior in certain regards to LSD-25 (classic 'acid'). (No to say that 'the real stuff' is over-rated, however.)
4position-substituted tryptamines (metocin, miprocin, et c.). After all, psilocybin and psilocin (abbreviated as 4-PO-DMT & 4-HO-DMT, respectively) are themselves !
*possibly mescaline (I have yet to try the pure stuff.. just S. Pedro / P. torch, light effects though interesting)
caffeine (not really underrated, but under-appreciated -- It is consumed so frequently without even considering the psych-stimulant effect present in the beverage or food one just ingested)
speed (aphetamines) -- Take Adderall. d- & l- amphetamine -- hard drugs! -- and they are presecribed to kids!! My big broth knows a former meth-head who described Adderall isntant-release as "80% as potent as crystal".
nitrous oxide -- short and fun! just remember to breathe oxygen (even if only two-fifths pure, as from RTP air!) so as not to asphyxiate. @_<
synthetic cannabinoids. Original formula Mr.Nice Guy. 'nuff said.
*nootropics -- who wouldn't want to feel mentally sharper? And yet never do I hear folks mention them (verbally, in person). only in text, on-line.

Ones with an *asterisk I deem as under- or over- rated in general everyday life (i.e. 'RL'), but not in the context of internet forums such as bluelight.
I want also to mention cannabis, especially strains leaning more toward the sativa than the indica side (though stoning latter can work well meditating, former more in light be_active settings). Marihuana can fall onto both lists: overrated, in the case of potheads (though tbf, trmv), but also underrated since it _can_ produce some very powerful, even psychedelic, effects (depending on the strain, dosage, and individual tolerance), especially CEVs. I prefer the more trippy less sedating varieties, but they all seem to add a tad of paranoia to me, and immensely exacerbate my ADD, hence why I'm not a fan.

Last edited:
Coke is overrated... REAL GOOD, pure snortable coke is near impossible to score, the rush is short-lived, the nose tissue damage is extensive, the price is unreasonable...

Booze is sooooo overrated as an acceptable drug for tough dudes in the average fucking boring American cop movie full of gun-toting morons whacking other gun-slinging idiots...

Fucking GUNS are themselves overrated hard drugs indirectly responsible for countless deaths - too many folks, especially Americans, are addicted to them....