• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Meth that wont melt in water

Here's an on-topic one:

Melting is a process of phase change. ie. When a solid becomes a liquid.

Dissolving on the other hand is a process of dissociation where a substance dissociates into charged particles - usually ions (although lithium can dissolve in ammonia and separate into Li+ and e-)

So when you add meth to water it DISSOLVES, not MELTS. However when you heat meth to around 275C, it MELTS.

Okay - being "smokeable" it's most likely cut with caffeine, i get LOADS of smokeable because all the crackwhores want the shit because crystal is rare.

I had stuff that a mate tried to bang it went gluggy, he got shitty...

also, on burning meth in the pipe, it melts then it vapourises as opposed to burns no? u inhale vapour, being why it recrystalises when it gets cooler? So it's steam as opposed to smoke.. just would like to clear that up, inform me if im wrong

1. Forget caffeine - its nothing to do with it! Why would anyone bother extracting caffeine just for cut when there are plenty of other better things to cut with.

2. Correct about burning/vaporising terminology however burning is an acceptable term because meth unlike water doesn't just undergo a phase change, but undergoes pyrolysis. I would link to an appropriate place for this but it doesn't exist anymore unfortunatelly. Also burning is usually used in the context "meth burned clear" or "meth burned black" which really refers to the impurities burning or not.

^if it was cut with caffeine tablets, say, that would be easy - just a cost factor compared with cut with glucose powder or somesuch. The trick from the seller's POV is to use a cut that allows the final product to be smoked, but with the same purity of (non-smokeable) powdered speed (say 10% meth, 90% cut); as long as this increases buyer demand, and hence selling price/profits.

Actually, I wonder if someone has just tried the pseudo- to meth conversion without bothering to remove the binders etc from the original cold tablets. The final result then would probably be smokable, and you've got your cut already in place (speed equivalent of tar heroin?!).

If you get a gluggy mix when you add water - this is definitely what happens when you try & shoot pills. USE COLD WATER - the meth will dissolve easily and the other crap will be easier to filter out. Use a pill filter if you can get them (5 micron or below) - that will get rid of the pill binders for sure.

Excellent comments Runner - glad you are around to assist regarding these issues.

I did not mean meth would crystallise out - I was talking about unknown impurities that seem to only dissolve with hot water and much effort.

Again, I can only state the WA position, but it is almost all methamphetamine, never amphetamine. This is not from my own beliefs as to how substances affect me but information arising from seizures of amphetamines and the chemical analysis that is done on each and every seizure. This is cold hard fact. The infinite variation in appearance and effects is because each sample is infinitely variable in the % purity of methylamphetamine contained therein, combined with an infinite variation in the identity and quantity of reagents and impurities left over from the reaction, further randomised by the ever increasing types of substances employed as cutting agents these days. Anyway this is OT.

The other states would not be different as there is no logical reason for them to be.

Last edited: