Bluelight

Thread: 1mg Nabilone (Cesamet) THC Pill... ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    1mg Nabilone (Cesamet) THC Pill... ? 
    I am curious to know if anyone here has ever tried nabilone. It's a synthetic cannabinoid, which is approved for clinical use as an anti-emetic in the UK. It may have been called Cesamet (brand name from Eli Lilly & Co)and comes in the form of blue/white capsules. It's not very common as it's a last ditch anti-emetic (whan all of the normal ones have failed), it's expensive to prescribe, and the side effects profile reads pretty much like THC, but with a bit more of a sedative quality.

Just wanted to know how it compares with THC in terms of effects that you'll never find out by readfing its monograph (eg are the munchies as bad etc)

2. Collapse Details

Only one I aware of is SATIVEX.

Ledom

3. Collapse Details
    1mg Nabilone (Cesamet) THC Pill... ? 
    So a friend of mine has posession of some of these pills. I've searched on here for some information and the search only turned up 3 or 4 posts on the substance. It seems like this isn't as popular of a subject as Marinol is, as far as discussions on synthetic THC goes. I'm interested in hearing about anyones experience with these pills, effects, dosage...

Thanks.

McVizzle

4. Collapse Details

You won't have many replies here, try asking the same at Overgrow..

5. Collapse Details

Nabilone is quite like THC in it effects, but not as psychedelic, as that is seen as a negative side effect.

You've got something as rare as hens teeth in those little blue and white capsules, as they are for use in hospitals only (no high street pharmacy will ever have any)

PS they're not CD's so it's a double pluss for them

6. Collapse Details

Do you know if it would be possible to sprinkle some on a nice joint to improve the effects of the pot I have?? I don't think that fine white powder can be insufflated as its only 1mg of active ingredient, that's a heck of a lot of filler to be putting up your nose. I know everyone says just take it as directed but I'm just curious as to whether there are other ways of using this rare blue and white pill.

Would people put Nabilone over Marinol?

7. Collapse Details

That'd be a lot of filler to be smoking too. Probably not the best idea.

8. Collapse Details

Also it wouldn't work up the nose, because thc is not water soluble(which is what your nostrils can dissolve)

I think eating them would be the best way, crushed up because the binders probably make them release slowly. You might have to smoke some pot too to get marijuana like effects..

9. Collapse Details

Originally posted by Sprinklervibes
    Also it wouldn't work up the nose, because thc is not water soluble(which is what your nostrils can dissolve)
    http://www.bluelight.ru/vb/showthrea...hreadid=170064

10. Collapse Details

Well I've tried a little of everything, I tried emptying just a touch of the powder (two bumps) and snorting it. I honestly can't say I felt very much from it, but I only tried a very small amount of what was in the cap. It was just the other side of placebo in feeling. I lined a joint with a little bit of the powder, once again just a trial but I noticed nothing different then just normal bud.

Last I tried taking one pill, but it was immediately after smoking a joint (funny how drugs make you want to do more drugs...) It took a while to feel anything, and it was weird because just as I was drifting down off the pot I felt myself coming back up ever so slowly on the Nabilone. From the information I've read and people I've talked to, the correct dosage to get stoned off of these alone is 2-3mg. Notably, it was much more sedative then pot alone. I also woke up approimately 3 hours after I went to sleep and 5 hours after I took it, which is odd considering I never wake up in the night (thanks to my daily pot regiment), I also remember having dreams which is something I don't do when I smoke pot alone.

Anyways just thought I'd report back, as I will do again tomorrow as I think I'll try out 2mg tonight by it self and see how it goes.

11. Collapse Details

Bump

12. Collapse Details

To get a good idea of the medical rx list for the medical effects of Cesamet (nabilone) go here:

http://www.rxmed.com/b.main/b2.pharm...)/CESAMET.html

Okay so I believe though I am not sure that the oral bioavilability of Cesamet (nabilone) is around 15%-20%. In other words it is not very strong orally. 80%-85% of the amount taken is eliminated in feces and urine. Its comparable to the oral bioavilability of Morphine which 100mg taken orally, only 10%-20% is absorbed and the rest is eliminated in feces and urine. However in the case of Morphine, if the same amount was sniffed up the nose, the bioavilabilty is slightly better, actually much better. While Morphine intravenously (IV) is MUCH, MUCH more active than either sniffed morphine or oral which is the lest active. IV use of Morphine ensures that 100% gets in your blood/body.

Would rectal use of Cesamet (nabilone) increase its bioavilability? Sine its oral bioavilability is only 15%-20%.

13. Collapse Details

big bump (4 years).

i'm getting an Rx for Cesamet next week. Marinol works no where as well as the real thing, so i'm going to give Cesamet a whirl since Sativex isn't available in the U.S. yet. I think it's cheaper than Marinol which costs $1700 for a months supply 60, 10mg capsules. So i'll post an experience report after I get it. Just wondering what you guys/gals think who have tried it? What dose do you take?

14. Collapse Details

^ well when i get my script (in the mail right now). i'll take it both ways and post results.

15. Collapse Details

I tried 1mg or so. It was ok, helped cure my restless stomach, but other than that, didn't really get me high or anything.

16. Collapse Details

Yes! Nabilone is the shiiit, you start to get a good body stone at 4mg, 7mg is my favorite dose, makes you very hungry, makes you very red eyed, makes you fucking chewed.

17. Collapse Details

Just took 2 mg with a friend will report any subjective effects.

18. Collapse Details

^^ double post.

ok tell us all.

19. Collapse Details

he died! oh no

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by psychedelic nod
    ^^ double post.

ok tell us all.
    The mods joined 2 different threads.

At 5:30 pm a body high started from my right arm and quickly effected my entire body. By 6:30 I was in a state which most would consider stoned while attaining a medical conference on the mentally ill mind you, however I maintained my self quite well. Overall effect lasted til 11pm when i slept soundly and awoke refreshed. Did notice some dry mouth and eyes seemed a tad dryer.

My friend however reactly more negatively probably due to his minor experiences with cannabinoids. While he was stoned he had a dry mouth and was hungry (he s on a diet) so he did not like the effect quite as much.

I'll try 4-5 mg at a later date and report.
    Last edited by NeuronalPerception; 28-04-2008 at 10:27.

21. Collapse Details

how does it compare to marinol? my doc was all ready to write me a script but looked it up in his little pocket PDR thing and it said its a last resort medication for people on high doses of chemo or who have AIDS -wasting syndrome... (which is pretty much the same indication for marinol, except cesamet is schedule II and marionl is schedule III so my doctor figured it would be too powerful for me LOL so i'm scripteed 20-50mg a day of marinol. and i smoke daily. i really want to try cesamet but i doubt i'll get it... funny tho my doc knows i smoke and doesn't mind, and gives me prescriptions for valium, focalin, dexedrine, ambien, sonata, suboxone, marinol, but won't let me try cesamet! oh well.

22. Collapse Details

1 mg had similar effects to 2 mg just less potent, however it did seem to work well with cannabis.

I will try 4 mg next time. Thankfully I have an unlimited supply for testing purposes.

23. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by NeuronalPerception
    1 mg had similar effects to 2 mg just less potent, however it did seem to work well with cannabis.

I will try 4 mg next time. Thankfully I have an unlimited supply for testing purposes.

Unlimited...wtf not fair ha

24. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by tablehead
    Unlimited...wtf not fair ha
    I would share but its not inexpensive.

25. Collapse Details
    nabilone 
    generics are available, but cesamet is definately a brand name...

stuff is >.5mg/L soluble, DO NOT PUT THIS STUFF UP YOUR NOSE...jesus, sometimes you buzz monkeys make me nervous. you're wasting your time and perfectly good CB1/CB2 agonists.

the best way to get wrecked on this stuff is DMSO. up the bum isn't bad either, but it's still processed by MGL/FAAH so your ass doesn't help all that much.

anybody tried 2-AG (no hypothermia, massive euphoria) yet?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast