Alcohol and You

and thats anti-oxidant- rich redwine- not fucking smirnoff vodka or old english 40 ounce bounce crack juice

ummm, alcohol is bad??? What about steroids? If we are going to talk about a healthy lifestyle, then why not cut out both, and just enjoy lifting naturally?

because this is a STEROID DISSCUSSION forum....

If you take alcohol occasionally (as in on the weekends), would it decrease the effects of creatine significantly? Is it dangerous to use alcohol while on creatine?

Giza said:
Here be my breakdown of reasons I lift and dont get high, in their order of importance...

1) Endorphins feel-good
3) Intimidation

Unfortunately, unless you are lifting 24-7, those endorphins aren't going to be making you feel good all the time (this is why people enjoy getting high). You can't be out on the town and suggest, "let's do some squats real quick, I need a fix!"

and intimidation? What are you, a WWF wrestler? Intimidation sounds like a worse reason to lift than straight-up vanity.

I am all for exercising/lifting for a healthy lifestyle. Unfortunately, my days would be pretty damn bland if I couldn't party as well.

AndyzPsylocybes said:
Yes alcohol can be very healthy.

No, red wine can be very healthy. It just happens to have ethanol in it. And that's the reason why you lose the benifits if you exceed your 3 glasses a day or whatever.

Alcohol is not that bad... I just entered college 1 and a half years ago and have been binge drinking 3-4 times a week... Also, I have managed to increase my weight from 165 to 205 without gaining significant fat. I have also increased my max on bench and squats by over 200%...

The added calories from alcohol are probably a big contributer. I don't know why people are suggesting giving up partying just to get slightly better gains in the gym... I don't understand it. But I guess some people know what is best for others 8)

Studies mean nothing... Experience is everything

Maybe i'm just a special situation, but i really doubt that.

Stop being so negative- I doubt its impossible. Just seems much less common than usual (which would be to get fat).

Do what u want to, but providing this info is what the sites all about. Both the positive and the negative....

at the age of 21, in the United States anyways, you are legally allowed to purchase/consume alcohol
well i am 21 and i can never drink alcohol again
a recent incident made me realize i cannot control myself under the influence of alcohol
pretty sad aint it

oh,and i got a DUI before i was even allowed to drink
that shoulda been a fuckin sign

I mean if your a pro, competitive bb or just 100% focused and serious yeah don't drink often. If your in your 20's and still go out and wan't to drink with your friends a couple/few times a month. You can still train hard and make gains, they just won't be as good as if your didn't drink at all. But it's a hard thing to do, not drink at all that is.

I've read that the damage to the hippocampus from alcohol comsumption is accumulative. Which would imply that even if you only drink a little bit a day, the damage will add up none-the-less. I'm wondering if this is true, or if since the damage from moderate consumption is minimal maybe antioxidants are capable of preventing it or somthing? Just curious because not many people mention that the brain damage adds up.

Giza said:
-- and I don't think I have to mention that we often follow this up with a 3 A.M. trip to a fast-food joint or all-you-can-eat buffet where we might get a couple thousand more.

Thats where I would get screwed over with dieting, being drunk as fuck when the bars close and headin to the hotdog/sausage guy down the street or the pizza joint.

guys back in highschool i drank SO FUCKIN much and still made so many gains int he gym ,3-4 days a week drank till passed out got up drank some more

but if you guys that are on roids ansd drinking my fucking gawd go buy a shit load of MILK_THISTLE and PANCREATIC ENZYMES ....how hard is that to do ,and other shit for your liver