View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

The Mega Merged Drug Busts Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Millionaire Accused In Huge Cocaine Bust
372 Pounds Of Drugs Found

PORTLAND -- A former Portland millionaire entrepreneur has been charged in what Washington authorities say is the biggest cocaine seizure in Snohomish County.

That's 372 pounds of cocaine worth an estimated $34 million.

Authorities say 33-year-old Douglas Bryan Spink is an operator of a farm for the breeding of jumping horses in Chilliwack, British Columbia. He has now been charged with drug possession after being stopped in a sport utility vehicle yesterday.

Spink is known in Portland for a passion for extreme sports as well as for the roller-coaster course of his business dealings.

Authorities say Spink got five suitcases from a man driving a truck that investigators had linked to a drug-smuggling group.

Code:
http://koin.com/news.asp?ID=1512

Alligator, weapons, drugs seized
Posted: Monday, Mar 07, 2005 - 11:22:13 am CST
By Jen Scherer
Daily News staff writer

Piranhas, body armor also confiscated from fortified house
The Beloit police tactical unit busted down the fortified doors of a drug house Saturday in the city's northwest side, seizing drugs, weapons, body armor and an alligator.

The incident occurred at 6:15 a.m. at 1713 Grant St. when Beloit's SWAT team and State Line Area Narcotics Team agents executed a SLANT search warrant at the home.

Five people inside were taken into custody, though three were released without charges. Jose L. Quintero, 23, is tentatively charged with a variety of drug and weapons offenses and Stephanie R. Losching, 18, has been tentatively charged with cocaine possession, Beloit Police Capt. Bill Tyler said.

Tyler said the house was fortified with steel reinforced doors and a surveillance system.

"It didn't appear as anyone was normally living there," Tyler said. "It appeared consistent more of a drug house than actually as a residence."

Quintero, is from Chicago, though he was most recently from Milwaukee. Tyler said he had been staying in the Beloit area for some time and is the one who rents the house.

Tyler said such fortification and surveillance measures are typically taken to protect against theft from other drug offenders and are unusual in Beloit.

"We attribute that partly to the fact that Quintero is not from here," Tyler said. "He may have had some more extensive dealings sort of at a higher end than we typically see around here."

Because of the reinforcements, it took police a few extra seconds to get into the home.

"We were concerned because the primary target had a weapons history," Tyler said. "The fact that they had a surveillance system was concerning. We knew they would be aware of our presence."

Several "distraction devices" were deployed during the execution of the search warrant.

"We had to basically smash down the front doors," Tyler said. "It was quite difficult to gain entry but the unit did gain entry and we were able to secure all the persons in the residence."

Tyler said that when Quintero was arrested, there was ballistic body armor and a semiautomatic handgun nearby.

"Those are items typically found in homes that are your more determined drug houses," Tyler said.

A stun gun was also recovered at the scene, and agents seized a 2001 Lexus SUV and two other vehicles, as well as a quantity of cocaine and marijuana.

In searching the house, agents discovered a 2 foot alligator in a cage in the basement and some piranha which were seized and turned over to the Rock County Humane Society, Tyler said.

Tyler could not say what the purpose of the alligator was.

"It was a snappy little thing though," Tyler said.

He said there will likely be follow up charges from the Humane Society and the police relating to the possession of the alligator.

Tyler expected that Quintero and Losching would appear in court today.

Additional charges may be pending as police continue to investigate.

"We like to see those individuals off the street so we're glad it worked out," Tyler said. "We're pleased with the results and I think many of the neighbors were pleased we were able to take action in the situation."

Tyler said police were not forced to block off the street because the search warrant was executed so early in the morning.

http://beloitdailynews.com/articles/2005/03/07/news/news04.txt

^^^ Piranhas AND an alligator? Sounds like a party to me! BTW, I smell informant 100%; damn nasty loose-lipped slippery bastards....

swybs

Police swoop on cannabis plantation (Australia)
ABC News
March 28, 2005

Police have used a helicopter to remove a well-established cannabis plantation from the Kanangra Boyd National Park near Oberon in central western NSW.

Officers uprooted the 152 plants from the park late yesterday after getting a tip-off from a member of the public.

Chifley duty officer Inspector Chris Davey says the plants had an estimated street value of more than $300,000 and ranged from half a metre to two-and-a-half metres in height.

Inspector Davey says a camouflaged tent and a water pump were also found.

"Because of the steep terrain we required a police helicopter, Pol Air Three, to come in and lift the cannabis, the property out of the area because it was physically impossible to carry it out by man," he said.

Link

I dont think this is fair in any way. Why are they punishing the supplier for something a customer wasn't supposed to ever do? The supplier even says not to ingest. I can see him getting some minimal jail time because of the analoge act, but 20 years to life? He DIDNT KILL this idiot.

I dont get how this is even legal to charge someone like this.

^^ well, this is Amerikkka

However, how the hell did a quadraplegic - you know, the ones that are completely disabled save stuff above the neck - take a fatal dose of a chemical? Now i can see this being "reasonable" if the guy that sold the chemicals actually delievered the package to the disabled man and manually delivered the chemical into the dudes CNS, but this....no im sorry.

^ LMFAO

He just stuck his tongue into the bag. I do agree that 20 years is fucking insane though.

This is bullshit. To buy the chemicals you had to agree not to use for human consumption. How many people have died from research chemicals anyway? I know it is not very many, I think less than a dozen confirmed deaths. They have been used by tens of thousands, maybe even hundreds of thousands of people. That makes them less deadly than most drugs. The idiot who died could have easily taken 20 or 30 times a normal dose. I do not know the details of the other deaths but I would bet that most if not all were overdoses or drug combos. The government is not concerned with the safety of the people, they are just afraid that somebody is going to get high and enjoy themselves. They should get the fuck out of our lives.

I have honestly taken some of these chemicals from that very company.. It says all over the outside and their website not for human consumption... Thats bullshit that they can charge this guy... People that buy them have got to know/learn that only a small amount of most will make u trip balls, if he was dumb enough to take a large amount its his own fault. Educate yourself on proper dose

Yup, it's BS...Someone needs to save up/find the money to challenge the analogue act.

I think ALL of the 5-meo-amt deaths were because the idiots took 60+ miligrams, when a HEAVY dose is like 5mg. I remember reading of a death where some guy SNORTED like 100mg of this shit.

I would be willing to place my money on the notion that most of the people if not all that have died from RC's was from taking WAY too much, not being educated on how much to take, were on other drugs at the time, or snorted them.

I know plenty of people have snorted RC's, but it's obviously more dangerous, especially if you are on other drugs at the time, and dont measure your doses.

What the hell do you think is going to happen if you are on 3 different mood stabilizers, an SSRI, an MAOI, and then you snort an RC that is active at .5mg, in a fat coke sized line?

Tons Of Drugs Found In Furniture Store Delivery Truck
Marijuana Valued At $4.5 Million

AP
March 31, 2005

OTAY MESA, Calif. -- Warehouse workers unloading a furniture shipment from Mexico discovered more than 7.5 tons of marijuana in the delivery truck, according to federal officials.

The drugs, valued at $4.5 million, were found among television stands and carts at an Otay Mesa warehouse, said Immigration and Customs Enforcement spokeswoman Lauren Mack.

The truck driver crossed the U.S.-Mexico border without incident Tuesday and delivered the shipment to the warehouse at about 3 p.m., Mack said. The warehouse owners and the trucking company reported the discovery to federal agents.

Agents interviewed the truck driver, but did not arrest him.

Link

NORA AUNOR ARRESTED FOR DRUGS AT LA AIRPORT
Sun.Star Cebu (Philippines)
April 2, 2005

LOS ANGELES - Nora Aunor was arrested at Los Angeles International Airport for allegedly possessing an illegal drug, a newspaper reported yesterday.

The singer-actress, whose real name is Nora Cabaltera Villamayor, was arrested late Wednesday allegedly with eight grams of methamphetamine in her carry-on bag and a glass pipe wrapped in a T-shirt, according to the Daily Breeze of Torrance, which is near Los Angeles.

The newspaper named Aunor, but Jennifer Peppin, a spokeswoman for the Transportation Security Administration, would only identify the woman as a "female suspect."

Airport screeners stopped Aunor, who was flying to Oakland, and found the methamphetamine in a film container, the Daily Breeze said, citing unnamed law enforcement officials.

Aunor, 51, was released early Thursday after posting $10,000 bail, according to the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department. A court hearing was scheduled April 21.

Lita Patayon, assistant to the Philippines' consulate in Los Angeles, told The Associated Press by phone she was unaware of the incident but would attempt to confirm whether Aunor was arrested.

Aunor has appeared in more than 170 films and recorded more than two dozen albums, including scores of hit singles.

On screen, she starred with leading men of her time, including Joseph Estrada.

She won the best actress award at the 2004 International Festival of Independent Films in Brussels, Belgium. In 1997, she won for best actress at the East Asia Film and Television Festival Awards in Penang, Malaysia.

Although still a Philippine citizen, Aunor now spends much of her time in the United States and has a home in Linda Vista, several miles north of San Diego.

Link

Pot-Scented Cash Leads To Drug Arrest
Police Say They Found Marijuana After Smelling Bail Money
April 7, 2005

GREENSBURG, Ind. -- A man who went to the sheriff's department to bond out his brother-in-law also wound up in jail when police found that the money he handed them reeked of marijuana.

But the money was good enough to free the brother-in-law, who later returned to the jail with more money to free his relative.

It all started when Timothy Richards, 45, of Columbus, went to the Decatur County Sheriff's Department on Tuesday and handed dispatcher Julie Meyers $400. She counted it and noticed something unusual.

"When I walked back toward the jail I noticed the money was damp and smelled funny," Meyers said.

A jailer who sniffed the money told her it smelled like marijuana, she said.

Indiana State Trooper Chip Ayers was nearby and asked for the money, Meyers said. He smelled it and then asked Richards for consent to search him and his car.

Ayers reported finding a pipe and a small amount of marijuana and arrested Richards on a charge of drug possession. If convicted, he could face six months to three years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

But police didn't confiscate the money, Meyers said, and Richards' brother-in-law was released from the jail, about 50 miles southeast of Indianapolis.

Richards didn't have enough cash with him to get himself out of jail, so he remained there for several hours until the same brother-in-law brought in the required $250 bond, police said.

Richards could not be reached for comment as there is no home telephone listing for him in Columbus.

Link

Mom, Son Busted for Drugs in St. Lawrence County

Neighbor complaints led police to the discovery of drugs in a town of Louisville home, and the arrests of a mother and her son.

The St. Lawrence County Drug Task Force says it checked into a complaint from neighbors that there was drug dealing at 135 Kingsley Rd.

Investigators say that while interviewing the residents of the home, they found more than three ounces of illegal hallucinogenic mushrooms and five ounces of marijuana.

# Arrested were: Tommy R. Ammons, age 19. Police say he was already under supervision of probation on other charges.
# Susan M. Ammons, age 45, his mother.

An investigator told NewsWatch50 the illegal mushrooms were in two ziplock bags. He said it was the largest amount of the drug he had ever seen.

Hallucinogenic mushrooms are thumbnail sized mushrooms that are a potent drug when smoked.

Both suspects are being held without bail. Illegal growers must cultivate them as they are not native to North Country soil.

"
Hallucinogenic mushrooms are thumbnail sized mushrooms that are a potent drug when smoked."

gah.

3oz was the largest amount of shrooms the investigator had every seen. haha.

'Drug haunt’ discotheque raided

'DRUG HAUNT' DISCOTHEQUE RAIDED

Friday, April 16th, 2005

Penang (Malaysia): The Bukit Aman crackdown on drugs in nightspots continues with another raid – on a discotheque here yesterday that saw 123 patrons testing positive for drugs.

Three underaged girls and two soldiers were among those who tested positive in the raid by a Bukit Aman narcotics team at the Amazon discotheque in Abu Siti Lane at about 3am. There were 215 patrons present then.

Federal Narcotics Department Assistant Director (Intelligence and Operations) Senior Asst Comm (II) Datuk Khalid Abu Bakar said five suspected drug pushers were also nabbed in the bust.

“We are tracing the owner and will charge him under Section 13(C) of the Dangerous Drugs Act for allowing his premises to be used for consumption and trafficking of drugs.

“The party was in full swing when my team moved in. We found amphetamine pills and other drugs strewn on the floor,” he said.
The police also found about 100 cigarettes laced with ganja, Ecstasy pills, syabu, and Ketamine and Eramin 5 pills in the premises.

Sources said the Amazon discotheque was a well-known “head shaking” joint, which opened up to 8am on weekends.

State police chief Deputy Comm Datuk Christopher Wan said the discotheque had been operating without a licence since 2001.
“Countless raids have been conducted on the premises over the past several years.

“Raids on the state’s nightspots will be intensified. Nightspot operators who allow drugs to be used in their premises and fail to adhere to the 3am closing time will find their licences revoked based on our recommendations to the relevant authorities,” he said.

http://thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2005/4/16/nation/10703495&sec=nation

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have to say that this was the craziest place I've ever been to in my life, and I am sad that i won't be able to party here again; I have many fond memories to take away with me. Malaysia has started to become VERY strict with their drug policy recently, many clubs and discos are getting raided on a frequent basis. :( I hate the government.

Peace

Status
Not open for further replies.