• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

30mg morphine sulfate tablets ORALLY

Mettray

Bluelighter
Hey friends, I did an extensive search on this but I kept coming up with crazy shit about how to cook and shoot morphine pills, and I'm just not that far into the drug culture yet. So, can someone help me out:

I have 10 tablets that were sold to me as 30mg morphine sulfate. I was told that they are generics, not MS-Contin. They are bright purple and they say 'MS 30' on one side.

In my reading I discovered that oral morphine is considered to be a relatively weak high, and I want to use my 10 tablets in the best possible way. Can someone give me some advice? How many should I take orally for a good high? Don't want to waste 'em and don't want to OD.

I have virtually no opioid tolerance, just some minor playing with low doses of hydro.

Any input is appreciated.

love
mettray

I would at least crush and snort, IIRC something like 90% of morphine is destroyed by the liver orally...

regardless of what you read/hear, if you are non-tolerant, 2 of those 30s will get you high as a kite. trust me. don't snort em, just swallow them.

Ugh, really? I can snort with binders and everything? I hate railing pills...

But, snorting or eating, how much should a novice take? I only have ten, so I want to do it right.

love
mettray

Thanks natural!! And no danger of OD'ing on 60mg morphine sulfate for a novice, right? I searched and found LD-50 levels but that didn't help much.

Thanks so much for your help!

love
mettray

You'll be fine with 60mg orally. I dunno if you'll even feel it. If they are time released, I highly doubt you'd feel much. If they are IR, then you've got a better chance. But oral morphine pretty much sucks any way you put it...

If they are sustained release and this is you are a first timer with opiates than you should get a moderate buzz and I'm talking mild to moderate. Not that great of a buzz either. Morphine, especially sustained release, has horrible oral bioavilability, worse than just about every single opiate. If they are instant release than you should get a very nice warm buzz...but purple MS 30 sound like the sustained release MSContin that I have used many times before. No worry of an overdose at all, don't worry about that.

Hm. Is there any way I can figure out if they are instant or sustained-released? I was told that they were 'generic,' but that obviously doesn't help much.

Let's say I determine they're sustained-release. Should I take them all at once, in that case? Should I crush a couple and snort them (ewwwww!)? I know that defeating the time-release mechanism of MS Contin is basically impossible and that crushing up my pills, then eating them, won't help.

Well, back to my more important question, how can I tell if they are instant or sustained-release?

Thanks for all the help, friends.

love
mettray

Last edited:
P.S. I'm not completely averse to plugging the pills (would that be better?), though that turned out to be a very bad idea with MDMA for me. Is IV'ing morphine the only way to really get a good buzz? Because I'm headlong into the drug culture but certainly not ready to shoot up pills.

[edit: Also, keep in mind I am NON-opiate-tolerant. Does everyone else think naturalone is mistaken in his/her opinion, or just hasn't considered the possibility of sustained-release tablets?]

Last edited:
Off the Record........K'dOUTinAZ, we both live in Az. are you familar with an generic purple MSir? I remember I use to take white tablet MSir for breakthru pain in the past and I swear I remember a purple variety that the Pharm. would give me when they ran out of the other.....its been about three years since I took MSir since my Doc switched me to Oxycontin and OxyIR for breakthru.......I wish I could still take MSir for breakthru....it leaves OxyIR in the dust!

Sorry to keep adding to my own thread, but a question did cross my mind, if morphine has horrible oral bioavailability, why are these pills even made? I mean - would they even work as painkillers? Would it be like taking a Tylenol 3 or something?

love
mettray

Its the sustained release MSContin, I believe. MS on one side, 30 with an M above it on the other side and they are purple. I doubt that they are instant release. If they are indeed sustained release than you better take 'em at the same time because they don't do much taking them orally and it is worthless snorting. Not much euphoria or buzz when morphine is taken orally, with exception of instant release which works better than sustained release formulation. You can plug them and that may be one of the most effective ways with exception of IV administration.

seriously, just take 2 of the pills, crush them up as much as possible, and wash them down with your favorite drink. some people claim that they don't get off on them...and, typically once you've done heroin or a lot of oxys, morphine doesn't do the trick anymore.

for a novice, mscontin is great. give it a go.

naturalone said:
for a novice, mscontin is great. give it a go.

How do you figure? Was MSContin your first opioid of abuse? It was my second, after oxycodone and it took me damn well over 60mg of oral to get me where oxycodone put me. 90mg did the trick though. I was only using 20-30mg of oxycodone at the time. Everybody is different so maybe it will do you good, only one way to find out and that is to do it. Take the dive.

I used to take MScontin for pain....60 mgs did nothing! 30mgs of MSir and my head was enveloped in warm numbness...

honestly, even though it might not be the safest, I LOVE to IV about 3 of those 30mg purple MS Contins at once, it is the best rush,... its like your on fire from the inside

inimical said:
honestly, even though it might not be the safest, I LOVE to IV about 3 of those 30mg purple MS Contins at once, it is the best rush,... its like your on fire from the inside

thats nice... the title of the thread however clearly states in CAPITAL letters: ORALLY

Okay, it's been confirmed, they are sustained-release pills. I was at the guy's house earlier today and saw the blister pack, which read 'continuous release.'

So, I honestly have no real opiate tolerance. I have NEVER taken oxycodone. I mean, there have been nights when I've taken 50-90mg of hydrocodone, but that was some time ago, just some playing with the drug. We're talking months ago, with the doses dramatically spaced apart. About... hmm... 4 days ago I did a CWE on 11x 5/500 hydro/apap tabs and drank the results, but the buzz was so mild that I think I did the CWE wrong. There's no way that I got 55mg hydro out of that, it must have been more like 20mg. There was no tolerance issue there since I hadn't had hydro in months.

So, I'll wait a few more days, and then, as per naturalone's advice, crush three (3 - sound ok to everyone?) of these sustained-release 30mg MS-Contins and eat 'em. Do I need to wait longer, given my recent, single hydro dose? I have no problem waiting to use these morphine pills. I want to make the best possible use of them, since this is the first time I've ever come across them in my 10+ years of drug use. But, you know, I'm ansty. I got pills and I want to take 'em! :)

Now, I have the following potentiators available:
antacids (both Tums-type and Tagamet-type)
grapefruit juice (? not sure if it's appropriate for morphine)
bromazepam
diazepam
alprazolam
clonazepam
codeine
10mg hydrocodone

Copious amounts of every potentiator are available, except for the hydro, I just have one 10/325. Now, I am NOT looking to just get fuuuuuuucked uuuuuuup - I actually want to experience the effects of oral morphine. I certainly know that if I pop 3 MS-Contins, a Xanax, some K-pins, and a Valium, I'll be totally trashed for the night. But that's not the idea. I want to get the actual feeling of morphine. Will any of the things I listed 'potentiate' the morphine, or make the morphine more pleasurable, without simply overwhelming its effects? You get the idea - I don't want to be fucked up on benzo's with some morphine in my system; I want to be fucked up on morphine, and if benzos (or other substances) will help, I'll take those as well.

I know any advice regarding potentiators will be highly subjective, and that's totally cool. That's what message boards are for, subjective opinions. The more subjective opinions I get, the better I can decide for myself what to do. One note: I do NOT enjoy alprazolam recreationally on its own, so I would only take it if it combined impressively with oral morphine.

I've searched on Bluelight and looked around on Erowid, and I read Cold Water World very carefully. But, some more thoughts from my friends here at Bluelight could really help me out. Hey buddies, help me get high and I'll help you too, whenever I can. :)

love
mettray

p.s. Still a little confused about horrible oral biavailability for morphine - why are the pills made then? To what is one 30mg MS-Contin comparable? A 5mg hydro? A Tylenol 3? Do they even work for bad pain?

p.s. Still a little confused about horrible oral biavailability for morphine - why are the pills made then? To what is one 30mg MS-Contin comparable? A 5mg hydro? A Tylenol 3? Do they even work for bad pain?

One 30mg morphine sulphate controlled release is more potent than both a Tylenol #3 and a 5mg hydrocodone, more potent than both of them combined. Regardless they have a horrible oral bioavailability, I believe that it is 30%. That means that your body only absorps 30% of the pill when taken oral. This is the reason why people are in awe when they try IV morphine because the potency nearly triples on a mg to mg basis. EXAMPLE: 30mg oral morphine equals 10mg IV morphine. With the sustained release it makesit hard to compare the dose. IV opioids usually all have a bioavailability above 90%. Oxycodone probably has the best oral bioavailability of all opioids which is somewhere above 80%. Yes, oral morphine still works well for moderate pain.

Last edited: