• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

⫸STICKY⫷ How to test an ecstasy pill

I'm sorry but im new here.... if you order something like this in USA are the police going to know and basically set you up for delivery and arrest you? and what is it testing for? I know mdma is the good part of it but doesn't it sometimes have heroine in it too? or is it just testing for mdma?

I'm sorry but im new here.... if you order something like this in USA are the police going to know and basically set you up for delivery and arrest you? and what is it testing for? I know mdma is the good part of it but doesn't it sometimes have heroine in it too? or is it just testing for mdma?

There's been a total of 9 opiate pills sent into ecstasydata.org with opiates & synthetic opioids. Sold as "ecstasy", 2 had heroin, one had hydrocodone, 2 had methadone, 3 had fentanyl, and one had oxycodone. 9/2787 samples, including "not sold as ecstasy". Perhaps the ratio is somewhat higher if you discount all the samples "not sold as ecstasy", but the ratio is still very low, hence opiates/opioids being very very rare in "ecstasy" pills.

Marquis reagents are perfectly legal in the US. You can even order them off amazon.com. The police shouldn't find out and IME they won't set you up or anything. Testing is to make sure the tablet you take indeed has MDMA, and experience goes a long way in seeing whether the pill is some kind of combination of MDMA with other dangerous chemicals, or just clean MDMA, or even just a really weak MDMA pill.

^Which part? SE's basically saying that finding opioids in your ecstasy is so uncommon, it's practically a myth.
Marquis reagents are perfectly legal in the US. You can even order them off amazon.com. The police shouldn't find out and IME they won't set you up or anything. Testing is to make sure the tablet you take indeed has MDMA, and experience goes a long way in seeing whether the pill is some kind of combination of MDMA with other dangerous chemicals, or just clean MDMA, or even just a really weak MDMA pill.
I was wondering if there are any other uses for these tests? Many states' definition of paraphernalia includes tools for analysis of drugs, but only if they do not serve a legitimate legal purpose. Likewise, headshops have been wary to supply these kits without an alternate use.

^ forensic analysis. :p

Nothing wrong with testing sugar & aspirin to see what happens. Now if you get caught with drugs and the kit could be problematic.

I was just looking at tests on EZ Test and noticed that the Ketamine tests tests for PMA, 'Ecsatsy' and amphetamines...

Would it not make sense to use this test to test a pill instead of using a marquis and mandelin?

Also the tests for pills, can they be used for MDMA powder too?

I was just looking at tests on EZ Test and noticed that the Ketamine tests tests for PMA, 'Ecsatsy' and amphetamines...

Would it not make sense to use this test to test a pill instead of using a marquis and mandelin?

Also the tests for pills, can they be used for MDMA powder too?
The ketamine test IS the mandelin test. Pills or powder they test for both

Ah ok thanks.

What's the likely hood of MDMA containing PMA? Worth buying a kit for?

^ The likelihood of PMA in a pill is relatively low however any chance at all is worth potentially saving your life. In the USA piperazines and other strange chemicals such as DMA have gone around. While such substances are not as lethal as PMA the kit is definitely worth it. At best you will eventually save yourself a bad time worrying whether or not you should go to the hospital from a bad pill and at best you save your life. Amazon.com has the same reagents. so many sources just shop around and find what fits your budget

Could anyone who has sent samples to ecstasydata.org give any advice or feedback on how long it takes? I plan to send a sample in a couple of weeks to get a professional result what is or isn't in my powder. I have a very good history with molly and can tell from taste. However I'm trying to prove the legitimacy of this source as I'd get more if it wasn't methylone, something else or worst case something dangerous like PMxx's. I plan to handle the whole process with gloves and mail without a return address. How long should I expect to get the results? The site is very informative, but I felt I may get some pointers and feedback here.

I'd rather spend $100 and get my sample properly tested versus myself as the human error factor can increase. Plus it's not that much more than buying a 4-piece kit that tests samples for all sorts of things; not just if it contains MDMA. I need to know this is pure and not full of RC's.

I'm curious to know how the tests work if there is a mix of stuff in the pill. E.g., MDMA + amphetamine = dark purple + orangish. Will you get this brownish blah color?

Thank you for chemical composition which is helpful for understanding how they are useful drugs.
Let me know if you have any review sites which are useful for deterring any pills.

Just wanted to let you know that the testing instructions images you link to here: http://bluelight.org/vb/threads/172590-How-to-test-an-ecstasy-pill Don't work anymore.

Also made a comment in the same thread with some additional info about how to properly test. Perhaps add that in you comment too?

Thanks

Several people think this description by Chemical Generation is helpful:

Another option is to read the instructions provided by EZ Test:

http://www.eztest.com/mambo/content/view/2/25/
http://www.eztest.com/mambo/content/view/3/26/
http://www.eztest.com/mambo/content/view/4/27/
http://www.eztest.com/mambo/content/view/5/28/

30 second drug checking tutorial GIF: https://imgur.com/jGQJtWo

jGQJtWo

jGQJtWo

Full Instructions

IMPORTANT: Never have more than one reagent bottle open at a time. If you mix up the caps and put the wrong cap on the wrong reagent bottle, this may cross-contaminate the reagents and ruin them. Be sure to perform the tests in a well-lit location. Be careful when using the reagents, as they contain chemicals that can damage skin (we recommend wearing latex gloves). Keep the solutions far from your eyes and mouth. Also, make sure to clean up completely after each test.

? Scrape a tiny bit of your pill or powder onto a large, white ceramic plate. Use just enough powder to see on the plate.
? Take the reagent bottle out of the plastic safety container. Remove the cap and turn the bottle upside-down a couple inches over the powder. ? Squeeze one drop out of the bottle onto the powder. Be careful to not let the dropper bottle touch your powder or you will contaminate and ruin the rest of the reagent. Replace the cap.
? Observe the color change right away. Optionally you can film the reaction with your phone or a camera for future reference. Use the corresponding columns of the color chart included with your kit to evaluate your test.
? If the reagent either does not change any color during the first 30 seconds or if it produces some other color-change sequence, then the pill definitely does not contain any of the above substances. It may also be highly adulterated with one or more unknown substances. You can use other reagents on new samples to look for the presence of other substances. Wash the testing surfaces with soap and water as soon as possible.

A Note On Using Folin Reagent
After you?ve established the fact that your pill does contain an ecstasy-like substance, use Folin Reagent to find out whether the substance is MDA or MDMA or MDE.
The steps are similar to what you did using our other reagents; however, this reaction requires two bottles of liquid (bottle ?A? and ?B?). You will once again scrape off a tiny bit of your pill onto a clean white plate, carefully add a drop of liquid from bottle ?A? (closing the cap tightly afterwards) and then to that tiny powder/liquid mixture, a drop of liquid from bottle ?B? (again, making sure the bottles are securely closed to prevent cross-contamination). You will then observe the color change over a period of one minute.

Storage and Handling Instructions
Reagents are primarily sulfuric acid with other potentially dangerous chemicals, and are strong enough to burn skin and clothing. Keep out of eyes and mouth. Wear latex gloves when handling the bottle and cap. If you get some on you, then wash quickly with soap and water. Wash testing surfaces with soap and water as well. Dispose of any unwanted reagent down the sink with running water and baking soda. Store all testing kits in a cold, dark place such as a refrigerator between uses.

NOTE: Reagents can only determine the presence, not the quantity or purity, of a particular substance. Dark color reactions will tend to override reactions to other substances also in the pill. A positive or negative reaction for a substance does not indicate that a drug is safe. No drug use is 100% safe. Make good decisions.

Useful links

Sources
1) https://dancesafe.org/testing-kit-instructions/

No, you lick it! if it is really bitter you can be sure it contains a high dose of a chemical, which in most cases will be MDMA, I only came accross MDA and MDEA or MCPP once. Which in the last case you're fucked. I got really sick of those ones.