• REAGENT TESTING & DRUG CHECKING Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Featured Link 1 Featured Link 2
  • RT&DC Moderators: arrall

⫸STICKY⫷ How to test an ecstasy pill

Catch-22

Bluelighter
Several people think this description by Chemical Generation is helpful:

For best results, use a fresh tester at room temperature. Take your scraping, and spread it out to be about 0.7 cm in diameter (approx one drop of liquid in size). Don't totally crush it to smithereens; just let it break into its 'natural' bits.

Drop the liquid onto the sample and look at it under good white lighting immediately. Not too bright, just good white light. Immediately start to swirl the drop around, looking carefully at each fragment, looking for different colors and hues, and for different speeds of change.

You can often pick up mixtures by the miniscule color variants seen. This is particularly apparent with 're-engineered' pills. The swirling also 'thins' the liquid layer you are looking at, making the colors more easily seen, rather than just seeing a concentrated section of color that really just looks black from the beginning. What I mean is that you look at a thin layer of purple and can see purple, rather than looking at a thick layer of purple, which looks black!

For good MDMA (with good fresh tester), you will see a dark royal blue at the start, followed by a dark purple, and then the black will kick in within probably a few seconds, but sections should remain blue/purple for around 30 seconds or so. The blues and purples should be visible clearly if you swirl!

Same techniques should be applied with the other reagents.

Another option is to read the instructions provided by EZ Test:

http://www.eztest.com/mambo/content/view/2/25/
http://www.eztest.com/mambo/content/view/3/26/
http://www.eztest.com/mambo/content/view/4/27/
http://www.eztest.com/mambo/content/view/5/28/

now im curious...is this like half the pill u'r scrapping of? and uum..can u eat it after teehee?

A small scraping is usually sufficient.

No, you most certainly cannot eat it after testing. Most testing reagents contain toxic and/ or highly corrosive chemicals.

what is the top quote referring to? Which reagent?

"For good MDMA (with good fresh tester), you will see a dark royal blue at the start, followed by a dark purple, and then the black will kick in within probably a few seconds, but sections should remain blue/purple for around 30 seconds or so. The blues and purples should be visible clearly if you swirl!

Same techniques should be applied with the other reagents." ?

poledriver said:
what is the top quote referring to? Which reagent?

"For good MDMA (with good fresh tester), you will see a dark royal blue at the start, followed by a dark purple, and then the black will kick in within probably a few seconds, but sections should remain blue/purple for around 30 seconds or so. The blues and purples should be visible clearly if you swirl!

Same techniques should be applied with the other reagents." ?

I think the post by Catch22 you are referring to is applied to the Marquis reagent. You can "swirl" the reagents (any of them) around to get a better view of the reaction, and make sure there are no contaminants (hidden orange/brown with Marquis could mean possible speed content), ect under good lighting.

Just don't stick your finger in the reagents, of course. :) Swirl on the plate then wash away quickly in the sink using caution. :D

where do you get a this "pill testing" liquid you mention in the testing process?

^^^ What they said. :) If you order from EZ Test, Bluelighter's get a discount, just put BLUELIGHT in the coupon code section of the order form. :D

the truth?

i've also hear that if it turns straight to black it's pure MDMA...but this says a graduation of blue to black...and i've heard that if it's not completely black, it's cut with something. what's the truth here?

nancygreen said:
so do you have to use the whole pill, or just scrape a bit off of one pill?

A small scraping is sufficient. It doesn't take a whole lot. I usually split my "testing pill" on a plate and use the crumbs from the splitting to test with.

nancygreen said:
i've also hear that if it turns straight to black it's pure MDMA...but this says a graduation of blue to black...and i've heard that if it's not completely black, it's cut with something. what's the truth here?

I am assuming you are talking about Marquis reagents.

The Blue/Black reaction is just a general description, a lot of people see colors (especially dark ones) differently. If another color shows up with the black (for instance, orange), then you have an adulterated pill. Orange in Marquis = amp.

Check here for a whole list of color changes with reagents: http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/mdma/mdma_faq_testing_kits.shtml

Hope this helps! :)

in england pills cost fuck all (between 4 and 6$ each) so to test them we just drop them... and if it's good u get a 100 for 200$ =D

circoguizmo said:
in england pills cost fuck all (between 4 and 6$ each) so to test them we just drop them... and if it's good u get a 100 for 200$ =D

umm.. the point of a testing kit is not having to drop to see if you're gonna die or not.

It was/is/and will always be about Tobacco, cigarettes, freedom, and the right to smoke, right to liberty, and justice for ALL. I've been around since before the beginning, of all of this. Just thought you should know. I'm also Sun Tzu. PHD=VOID. VOID=PHD. :)