• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

storing meth?

iownyou81

Bluelighter
can you store meth i mean like put it somewhere and keep it there for awhile?

what?

Well your question gets a stupid form by "somewhere" and "awhile".
Sorry to say that but you question is really unprecise.

Anyway if you wanna know meth doesn't decompose if it's in pure form wich i really doubt u have since its almost imposible to find.
Either-way it will take a loooooooooong time to start loosing quality even if its cut.

Your "somewhere" should be a cold dry place.
Better if u put your meth in a plastic sealed bag to avoid carbon dioxide decomposition. for cold i dont mean a fridge, a place where the meth doesnt get in contact with heat will work fine.

Your "awhile" is a loooooong period.
Methamphetamine is a not a plant, its a simple chemical in ita "pure" form with a very simple and stable molecule so no organic decomposition will take place if not cut with nasty chemicals.
You can keep your go-go for about a year...no problem.

Peace

/navarone/

Howdy :) It's interesting you say you don't necessarily suggest "the fridge" a good place to store meth, because most of my friends SWEAR by their fridge, or better yet their freezer, to store meth...

Since I live with my parents I can't very well keep my meth in the freezer because they'd pretty much find it in an instant...

I just keep mine in it's little baggie in my stash tin... tucked away somewhere in my room... it's just a cool, dark place in general... and the meth has still been effective even after being kept there for weeks/months at a time (if it lasts that long! hehe)

Isn't there usually an increased amount of moisture in a fridge? Granted that doesn't matter if it's in a sealed container that doesn't breath. (ie. some ziplock bags)

Hehe, what I like to do is... get straws from McDonald's (burger restaraunt), just cut a pice off the straw about
so long (it's all dependant on how much you have...) melt the bottom part of the straw with a lighter, let cool down of course. Then, you've got "groundage" for the Meth. K, then all you do is chuck in the material, inside that straw and melt the top. Wella!

It's nothing special, but it looks a little more "professional" and it's good fun doing such stupid creative (if you call it that...) things when your "pinged" anyways.

Probably sounds pretty stupid to do... but I do it sometimes, when I've had to seperate my own Ice in individual points, so I can ration it and not smoke up all in one-go (ouch!).
I can also guarantee, you will NOT get any moisture in there until it's unsealed again.

Word of advice:- Try keeping tweezers handy, because pick meth up with your fingers and it could quite possibly dissolve into a puddle of nothingness before your eyes.
Apparantly when our natural oils that secrete through the skin come into contact with Meth, it just disolves.

I'm also pretty sure, that Meth has a very, very long shelf-life... much like MDMA. I don't know this for sure, but... I myself would be confident burying Meth in my backyard for five years, then going back to it, without it degrading.
I won't be using Meth in another 5 years from now anyways.... so, yea. Just an example.

glenn420 said:
Isn't there usually an increased amount of moisture in a fridge? Granted that doesn't matter if it's in a sealed container that doesn't breath. (ie. some ziplock bags)

Not at all. Fridges and freezers are very dry places. Have you ever noticed the drip tray at the bottom or at the back of your fridge? Room temperature air hold a ceritain amount of water in it (called humidity) but when it is cooled the vapour will condense. Ice build up in the freezer comes from when we open and close the freezer door, and the humid air rushes is (or broken seals). The moisture in the air is condensed and then frozen.

If you are going to have a quantity of meth lay dormant for a while (highly unlikely in this day and age too) , storing it in the freezer is probably a good place. Meth is hydroscopic which means it will absorb moisture from the air (like silica gel) and if this happens you got problems!

wow....i don't know how you do it. get any crystal around me and it's gone in no time lol.
keep it in those little bags, in a cool DRY place...very very dry place..moisture will destroy that stuff so fast

You can send it over to me!!!

Oh wait, you said you want to save it for a while...
Nevermind, that wouldnt work then ;)

The answer to almost all of the "storing" threads is just: keep it in an airtight container in a cool, dry place, out of direct sunlight.

^^YUP!

Its the same for almost every drug wich comes in chemicaly pure form.
Storing plants its trickier since they are made up by thousands of different chemicals and tend to decompose even without heat or catalysts.

Low temperature = low chamce of reaction/decomposition
Dryplace, well thats to prevent ur meth to get wet and be all sticky.

By the way Methamphetamine is a pretty unreactive molecule.

methamphetamine_3d_mid.jpg

The only part of the meth structure wich may react is the single nitrogen at the end of its chain, and that nitrogen is also not to reactive.
The hydrocarbon bonds are nothing to worry about they are almost all saturated and will take AGES to start changing.

However, even if meth is very unreactive due to its simple limited molecule pattern, i wouldnt store it in metal containers or alluminium baggies. Metals like alluminium tend to have a catalitic effect on the double bonded carbons and possibly also the nitrogen.

So to conclude, meth is easier to store than most street drugs.

ok people thanks for the replys i just needed to knwo becuz i have an ounce of it and i needed to know if i could store it until i can find a buyer OR i smoke it all lmao

i ounce!!!???!!!

Hmmmmm.....
testata-cuoco.gif

"Veerry Guud!! A bitte ov Thissa And Thissa...."

*Bubbely bubble blub lbub bubble*.....
.....o shitte......

nuke.jpg

Last edited:
meth doesn't decompose if it's in pure form wich i really doubt u have since its almost imposible to find.

not at all. it totally depends where you live

i don't even see crank around here. pure uncut glass is easy to find in the right circles, plus it's hella cheap.

the cheapness of meth around here is evidenced by the majority of local xtc rolls being methbombs and not piperazines, caffeine, etc like in many other regions

i would list prices, but i know this site doesn't allow that... let's just say the uncut here is about half the price of what most of the country is paying for shitty cut.

as for storing meth, just stick it in the freezer. this isn't a dumb question at all..especially when you live in a subtropical or otherwise very humid area! maybe i'm just paranoid, but i would be concerned about just keeping my gold in a drawer for those hot humid summer months....

peace

Last edited:
I always store my molly / pills on plastic ziplocs with silica (silicon dioxide) bags. I keep silica outside the bags, but close to it.

I always thought of buying one of those vacuum sealers to store molly and pills, i guess they would last longer in vacuum.

I usually buy a lot of pills and molly when I know they are top quality. I have a few pills from 3 years ago. I expect (hope) they last for at least a decade in vacuum. Do you guys know any method for storing mdma cristals and pills? Considering my own habits, i really need to keep them good for as long as possible...

i made a thread for this question since its asked very often, glad to help.