• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

☛ Official ☚ [DXM Subthread] Combinations

stirfry said:
i would have to respectfully disagree with this assesment. although i have (and have had for the past 5 years) easy access to LSD, MDMA and mushrooms, i still like to enjoy DXM every once in a while. if i had easy access to Ketamine, this may be different, but i wouldnt say acces to serotongenic psychedelics automatically make DXM obsolete.

as for combos, weed is definatley the best. in fact, i wouldnt want to trip off DXM without it. my usual dose i like to take is 350mg. by itself, this dose is quite boring, but with weed added, it takes on a whole new light and is quite awsome. with marijauna, i really dont see the need to take over 500mg as this combo makes you trip balls, its on the same lavel as LSD or shrooms.

i have also combined 350mg with 2-3 shots of alcohol. if u can stomach large amounts of both drugs, this is actually an alright combo. it doesnt add much in the way of trippy thoughts, but it adds to the physical high....more pure dissociation without added mental effects. but beware, this makes the majority of users vomit and feel shitty.

I could be wrong, but I think alot of people who use DXM do so because nothing else worth while is available. Iv taken it befor, and realy its sub apr in psychedelic effect compaired to even 2c-b. Its realy stoning and over all just a fucked up feeling, and Iv seen alot of peole eventualy compulsivly take it two-three times a week and hell even everyday.

^well, i guess everyone is different. i have tried a variety of psychoactive drugs before (including: psilocybin/pisilocin, 5-MeO-DMT, LSD, LSAs, MDMA, MDA, 2C-I, Salvia, DXM and Ketamine for the psychedelics ive done...)

so, many people may start with DXM (i did), and grow out of it as "better" trips become available. but even after expirementing with those other drugs, i still find DXM to be a worthwhile substance. although, i do concede that it effects me more pleasantly than most of my friends who have tried it (i dont get vomiting or itchy rash anymore, only my first one or two trips). i also find it to be more recreational than traditional psyches, and the experience still seems just as deep as LSD.

but, im sure you already know, that everyone reacts differently to different drugs. most users find DXM to not be worthwhile after a couple of uses....personally, i love its effects, i just want to point out that some people really do enjoy this compund.

ps. i have never used DXM daily, or even weekly. my trips are spaced aout as much as with other psychedelics drugs, ie; only once or twice a year.

stirfry said:
^well, i guess everyone is different. i have tried a variety of psychoactive drugs before (including: psilocybin/pisilocin, 5-MeO-DMT, LSD, LSAs, MDMA, MDA, 2C-I, Salvia, DXM and Ketamine for the psychedelics ive done...)

so, many people may start with DXM (i did), and grow out of it as "better" trips become available. but even after expirementing with those other drugs, i still find DXM to be a worthwhile substance. although, i do concede that it effects me more pleasantly than most of my friends who have tried it (i dont get vomiting or itchy rash anymore, only my first one or two trips). i also find it to be more recreational than traditional psyches, and the experience still seems just as deep as LSD.

but, im sure you already know, that everyone reacts differently to different drugs. most users find DXM to not be worthwhile after a couple of uses....personally, i love its effects, i just want to point out that some people really do enjoy this compund.

ps. i have never used DXM daily, or even weekly. my trips are spaced aout as much as with other psychedelics drugs, ie; only once or twice a year.

yeah I think Im being hypocritical, just as I said, I think statisticly most DXM users started because they hadnt access to other drugs.

the plain fact that a drug is easily available (and it is used by people who don't have access to other stuff) doesn't make it less worthwile, in my opinion. or, to put it the other way round, more rare doesn't automatically mean more worthwile. another perfect example for this misconception is hawaiian baby woodrose.

I always liked DXM, even compared to more traditional hallucinogens. Taking it has very few negative side-effects for me personally, though I find it's a lot more enjoyable after absorbing it for a while and then puking up the extra garbage. I don't do it anymore, but I wouldn't say other chems have anything to do with it. I did a lot of acid and shrooms before I ever touched DXM and I even considered DXM my #1 preference for a while.

i've only mixed DXM with benzos. DXM + .5-. 75mg alprazolam (xanax) took away many of the negative dxm side effects such as shakes or nervousness, always a very chill trip. as far as DXM and stimulants like yay, though, stay away from that, hell i wouldn't even mix dxm with caffeine. DXM can raise your blood pressure enough as it is. :\

egor said:
dxm and psilocybin is one of my favorite combos:\

Indeed. An excellent, deep, entertaining combination!

DXM goes extremely well with cannabis. It is a good booster for S. Divinorum, but that's probably not for everybody. DXM + alcohol is a no-go. DXM + mescaline is enjoyable as well. DXM goes great with opiates and opioids. Nitrous Oxide is also great fun in conjunction with DXM.

DXM is just great, in my humble opinion! Relatively safe, if you don't overdo it with regards to frequency of use and dosage.

However...
Uppers + DXM = Death.

i know it aint good but i like dxm and cocaine. at manageable doses ive never gone higher than a gram and 400 mgs. basically the coke rush feels 10 times better. i have the dreamy feeling of dxm and the nice floaty rushy feeling of coke (anyone whos seen the episode of southpark where mr mackey is a balloon headd floating thats how i felt walking on blow and robo) those to go together pretty good for me plus the coke comedown is completley ignored. plus theres something about music on those 2 that i like that makes it sound amazing. first time i heard john fruiscantes solo shit i was on that combo sounded fucking amazing. i listened to it sober and it still sounded good but no where near as epic. i remember one song i listened to (the slaughter) was absolutley amazing i spent for ever trying to find it so i can download it. when i did it sounded very very different from when i first heard it (it seemed slower the first time i listened to it and more peaceful).

I love dxm and cannabis but I recently came into some 2c-b, 2c-e and ketamine. I'm definately considering mixing dxm with either the 2c-b or 2c-e

Nutmeg and DxM combo

Anyone here try this combo yet?
I have used nutmeg a few times in the past year eating about 2-4 whole nuts.
Most people hate the taste but I just chew them right up in my mouth and swallow with a gulp of water. It taste bad but not too bad if your tongue doesn't touch it much.

Now I am a very experienced DxM (Dextromethorphan) user. Probably tripped more on it then Syd did on Acid in the 60s lol. My usual dose varies on the preperation but usually 600mg to a gram.

So now has anyone tried both together? Like wait for the onset of nutmeg and then dose the DxM?
Also I think nutmeg is a light MAOI correct? I know MAOIs are never suppost to be taken on DxM. However I have had passion flower on it before which is suppost to be a light MAOI and it never hurt me any.

So anywho, I did dose one single nutmeg and plan to do a low plateau robo trip tonight to test the waters. I did this once before but timed out the peaks of both wrong.

Experiences?..

I can't really say for sure, but this combo makes me uneasy....Nutmeg is pretty powerfully psychoactive, plus it has quite a lot of phyical affinity, as with DXM; I can't say for sure, but I would avoid this. Also re: passionflower as a MAOi- it is so weak as to be neglible. If nutmeg is a MAOi that actually has prominent MAOi effects, defintely don't combine the two....Hopefully someone has a more definite asnwer, but for now I would be cautious.

I wouldn't do it. Doesn't sound safe or fun.

re:

swilow said:
I can't really say for sure, but this combo makes me uneasy....Nutmeg is pretty powerfully psychoactive, plus it has quite a lot of phyical affinity, as with DXM; I can't say for sure, but I would avoid this. Also re: passionflower as a MAOi- it is so weak as to be neglible. If nutmeg is a MAOi that actually has prominent MAOi effects, defintely don't combine the two....Hopefully someone has a more definite asnwer, but for now I would be cautious.

Yes it makes me a little uneasy also heh which is why I only took one small nutmeg just to feel slight effects, nothing strong.
From what I have read nutmeg is also a very weak MAOI, probably as weak as passion flower it sounds like. Can't find sources right now, but I know Erowid says that it's probably so weak on the scale as to not worry.
Like I mentioned though I have tried this combo already a few weeks ago but got the timing a little off so the DxM was already kicked in before I ate the nut.

I'm pretty sure I am in the safe, I don't see how one small nutmeg nut can do too much. Now eating 4 of them is another story, which is what I am curious about.

Thanks.

I don't believe it'll have any terrible interaction of sorts. You should be alright.

I'd be fucking blowing heavy duty chunks from drinking cough syrup with nutmeg in my stomach already.

Good luck, kid.

Like Swilow and SomeKindaLove said, this combo makes me uneasy as well.

It sounds like you are taking too much DXM. Trust me because I know first hand, this is going to fuck you up and take some time to recover from if you keep it up. Memory issues, depersonlization and depression are going to result sooner or later if they haven't already.

Nutmeg and DXM are both kind of rough on the body, combining them sounds like a bad idea to me.

Yeah, god knows that I'm not one to be lecturing on drug use, but why don't you get some other psychedelic other than nutmeg? Nutmeg is pretty toxic to the liver, while LSD and mushrooms aren't (along with most of the other psychedelic RCs). They'd have less of a body load too. Maybe you really like the effects of nutmeg though.

i tried it before. the nutmeg was bunk, though. just got dizziness and drymouth. the best part was that the dxm dissociated me from my aching, dried-out, nutmeg'd body.

i ate the dxm about 10 hours after the nutmeg.

i took medium doses of both. like i said, though, the nutmeg didn't give me anything but physical symptoms, and the dxm trip was unchanged. i actually forgot i took the nutmeg until i came back from a daydream with my tongue stuck to my teeth.

haven't tried it since, and have no plans to. i had one really good nutmeg experience, but since then my trials have just been punishing.

^How did you get 'bunk' nutmeg, was it actually garlic or something? j/k :D