• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Beer - The definitive guide to your preferences

Coopers Green is like VB to me, cause I don't drink any of the local shite, and Cooper's is the cheapest of the nicer beers. Would rather a Little Creatures Bright Ale, James Squire or a Maltida Day brew anyday but they're inevitably pricier.

Ahhh it was the halcyon days when I worked at a local bottle and got cost discounts.

Anybody tried Fat Yak yet??

fatyak.jpg

I excitedly thought it might have been a passionfruit infused beer but was mistaken and just has a hint of passionfruit in the aroma. (Because of the type of hops that they use, apparently)

I felt a little bloated after a Stubbie and a few sips of Coopers, don't usually get that feeling. It was nicer out of the stubbie than from a glass.

Someone said I should try it because I like Pale Ale :)

Wow, old thread.... Another favourite of mine I haven't had in a while is Mountain Goat.

Partial to the hightail & pale ale.

mountain-goat-beer.jpg

I liked Fat Yak to, but I also felt like Violet Beauregarde after 2 of them. Becks makes me bloat as well, so I tend to avoid it on a night on the tiles.

Just finishing work now, hoping that one of these have miraculously been placed in the freezer for my imminent arrival *hint*<3

55877483.tooheys_old.jpg

Tried Fat Yak a while ago when the pub ran out of other beer, wasn't too bad actually. I've been a sucker for Guinness for years, it still has a place in my heart :) There's a 250 year promotion with Guinness at the moment if you buy a 4 pack you get a free pint glass as well :D. Other than that Tooheys New and Carlton Draught :)

I tried Fat Yak on tap in Brisbane a few weeks ago, wasn't all that impressed.

Golden Ale is the beer currently in my fridge. Its a classic.

LostN'-Their new Steam Ale is pretty nice too. A bit lighter than the other types.

Klue-I was going to post about Fat Yak when I saw there had been a reply to this! Good stuff ey

Fat yak is an inoffensive pale ale. It is easy to drink, but the flavour just doesn't go anywhere. I prefer my beer with a lot more flavour, complex hops and interesting tastes. I could easily drink a lot of fat yak, but it really isn't all that great.

In the fridge at the moment is half a case of Boags Premium :) love my Boags :)

Some business associates are singing the praises of Fat Yak. Is it really as good as some have made it out to be? I'm a Becks man.

Fat yak is an inoffensive pale ale. It is easy to drink, but the flavour just doesn't go anywhere.

CB is never far away when there is a beer thread around! Couldn't agree more. When I tried it my 1st thought was "boring".

Anyone here a member of a beer society and if so, which one and is it any good?

VB anytime, anywhere, any vessel.

Please tell me someone else wrote this? 2005 is only 4 years ago! Please tell me I was not still drinking VB then!

My how life changes. The thought of VB makes me dry retch, and drinking it does. Can not drink it but I did grow up on it and love it. Fuck the Central Coast. I even had VB boxer shorts.

Absolute favourite beer is Blue Tongue Lager. Great in winter, the perfect beer in Summer. I still drink it even though I know Coke bought the brewery. But guiltily.

There are so many beers I love nowadays. But if it's brewed in Australia by C.U.B or Tooheys or any other companies in that line it tastes shit - no exceptions to this rule. Especially abhorrent are the beers for people who don't like beer. Drops like Extra Dry or Carlton Cold. Beer is supposed to have taste! You want to drink girly drinks then drink a Shandy you lamewads!

I bought a six pack of it, but they do have it on tap at the other pub.

I will try a schooner of it, I imagine it will be better as a draught beer. And, I love having a Fat Yak to the most gorgeous, eligible barmaid in town :D

Blue tongue lager sure is great yet somehow the blue tongue pilsner is absolute rubbish :\

Yeah I don't like any pilsner and that includes Blue Tongue. I'm a lager or ale man. The Blue Tongue ginger beer (actual beer with ginger in it - not just alcoholic ginger beer) is also great but it's stupid that it is only 4%.

I'm like the anti-genius. I so wish I had have thought of that about 3 years ago. Cheers :)

^if this was facebook i would "ilike" haha! For me it's the little creatures these days... Mmmm