• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Beer - The definitive guide to your preferences

yes, i said stay away from VB
it tastes the way i imagine cat piss does.
i.e. fucking disgusting

if you're gonna drink aussie beers.. james boags premium, TED, reschs get my votes.

VB is a sub standard beer. Tooheys New is better, but not by much.

Go for James Boags, Coopers, Malt Shovel, Cascade, Little Creatures for decent quality beers....

haha i thought you guys only drank fosters and castlemaine ;)

that mean british advertising has been lying to me?

hah I really shouldn't stray out of EDD am moving over there tho so I guess I should at least get a bit of hostility before I do.

*prepares for flamage*

Tooheys New = SHIT New South Wales beer

tell your flatmate he's awesome, VB is the BEST australian beer out of a stubbie!

Evad said:
haha i thought you guys only drank fosters and castlemaine ;)

that mean british advertising has been lying to me?

hah I really shouldn't stray out of EDD am moving over there tho so I guess I should at least get a bit of hostility before I do.

*prepares for flamage*

I've never had a Fosters in my life, I've never even seen it for sale at any bottle-o's or pubs I've been in.

the only place I've seen it was overseas, it's the Australian beer that no Australian drinks ;)

I even think it's brewed in England

My roomate says that you guys are probably all from Tazy(Tazmania) or some shit like that. He says you all prolly have 2 heads.

Of course, I'm just typing what he said. I don't know anything about these beers exept one that I tried, I don't remember which, was fucking good.

haha yeah i'm pretty sure it is, just every advertisment shows australians drinking and loving it. Even the slogan is "drink australian, think australian"

i don't have 2 heads
i've never been to tasmania

tell him to grow some fucking taste buds!!!

VB is consistent (consistent in that its always poor) but always worth a drink

NEW is shocking

Carlton Draught is a good quality cheaper beer! :)

cept for keystroke
BTW, Fosters sucks. After the first time I tasted it I knew it was prolly the shit beer that you guys are too smart to drink yourself so you export it.

keystroke said:
Tooheys New = SHIT New South Wales beer

tell your flatmate he's awesome, VB is the BEST australian beer out of a stubbie!

I knew there was a reason I liked ya! :D

I agree about the Foster's thing too, I've never seen anyone drink Foster's in my life....

Castlemaine XXXX is worse than fosters, if I knew such a terrible lager was being sold under my countrys fair name I'd be ashamed. Mind you it's about the cheapeat lager you can buy here without dropping under 4% alcohol, any aussies drank castlemaine before? also has adverts set in australia.

I like fosters, but it's brewed all around the world, so it only tastes good in Australia.
I am somewhat partial to Pils, and Extra Dry, they have a nice crips after taste, really great for summer.

Not however great today as I feel like I have been hit by a semi trailer.

I've always wanted to try that honey beer, it's on tap at a few pubs in Melbourne I went to.

anyone know if it's any good?

Tooheys New is drinkable, but eh. VB is shithouse unless from the tap.

Coopers and Little Creatures are the way to go. Tell your flatmate he's a knob.

As mentioned before, James Boag's Premium is hard to pass.

Also James Boag XXX is an alltime fav. I think they only sell it in Tas though.

I lived directly across the Road from Boags brewery for 6 months. I'd say it was heaven, but the stench of hops became nearly unbearable at times....

My 'flatmate' says you can only drink a few because its so sweet, so you cant get "leggless, maggoted, or spaztic" from it

Edit: Bees Knees that is. Hes from Melbourne

Ahhhh XXXX, I lived up the road from the brewery last year, every two weeks the place would fucking stink.

XXXX Draught actually tastes semi decent, so does XXXX Gold, Gold tastes similar to Crown Lager, just weaker.

Crown Lager is probably my fave aussie beer.
beer_brands_crown.jpg