• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Beer - The definitive guide to your preferences

Not a big beer drinker these days as I love my red wine too much, but when I do partake its Killkenny all the way for me =D

For all the beer lovers... like you needed an excuse..

Why beer is good for you!

* A glass of beer contains between 20 and 40 percent of your recommended daily intake of B vitamins

* On a hot day beer protects against dehydration because it's 92 percent water, and relatively low in alcohol.

* Hops, contained in beer, have been used for medicinal purposes for years to treat a variety of ailments such as insomnia, period problems and migraines.

- Good Medicine magazine, November 2004

I just drink tooheys new cuz its cheap and easy and im used to it.

If im feeling a bit richer ill buy coopers.

EKU kulminator approx 14% worlds strongest beer from Kulmbach in Germany
Hooergarten
Leffe or any other belgian trappist (he he tre pissed) beer goes down like velvet and is quite strong.

Boags owns me
1.Premium
2.Tasman bitter
3.Strong arm or draught
4. original bitter

Cascade gets a honourable mention here too

Coopers
1. Sparkling
2. Pale

CUB
1. Melbourne
2. VB
3. Draught used to be my favourite when it was 4.9 and had a picture of beer on it! Now its 4.6 and has a picture of where it came from two horses (ie it's horse piss) Why'd they have to fuck with it?

Also wont drink from cans unless i absolutely have to!
Another interesting fact the VB cans which come covered in plastic are from victoria (beer capital of Oz) and taste way better than the VB cans which come in boxes and come from Queensland (beer slum of Oz)

Tooheys is all shit except for pils but i hate that too because it comes in a 330ml bottle which i tend to finish in approx 4 seconds and can't enjoy
God i'm thirsty now!

Oohh... just got back from the Bottle 'O and I came across a beer cheaper than all the feral Australian beers.... Seriously, Australian beer is CRAP! Except Coopers....

Anyway, It's another Dutch beer. I figured, hmm... it's cheap... but the dutchies haven't let me down...as of yet... so I took it for a spin, and I can say I'm happily sucking them down. VERY tastey Pilsner. They are called 'Amsterdam Mariner'. Come in a cool blue carton =D
I have a new cheap beer of choice. yahoo!

^^^^
I was always under the impression the ol' MARINER was a middy?
Wierd.
=D
Fill us in if it's any good.
Just bought a carton of Boags Premium ($42.99 at Woolies).
Not bad, would have preferred something a little cheaper but at $12 off I can't resist... i'm stingey.
;)
PEACE

How on earth are you people drinking that Boag's crap? My god, its worse the the shit Toohey's produces, and that's saying something!

Hell even at the launch party years ago people where having a mouthful and then putting the bottle down...they ended up with a room full of men drinking cheap, shit wine instead!

^^^
It's a full-flavoured beer.
No, Full Flavour is not code for 'shit'.. although in your opinion it may be.
;)
In all honesty though I think it's all based on personal opinion.
Some people like the piss weak taste of beer/water such as Corona, their decision.
=D
PEACE

^wherd!
P_P: marniers at first seem like quite a steal 500ml and imported but i find that after about 5 they get this rather unpleasant metallic taste which i put to drink them out of cans. Steered clear of them ever since.
MVP at aldi supermarkets is $23 a slab and if you chill the fuck out of it goes down like a poorman's boags premium.... still it's got a 330ml bottle- fuck i hate them!

Tabernacle- the mariners also come in 330ml bottles, and a carton of those is like $24-25, its also made at the same brewery as heinekens i think, so maybe its just the scraps leftover and they bottle it and call it mariner.

as for my choice of beer- in any order

Boags premium (the best)
Coopers Dark/Sparkling
Carlton draught if im out
VB

Pretty much any beer as long as its not XXXX, out of a can, or from an ashtray!

Um, well... still drinking the Mariner's and I'm still enjoying them :)
They're a full-strength beer, so no middy action for you there K_T ;)
The bottles are 330ml, but that's just 'exotic' ;)
Also, i NEVER drink from cans if I can help it.... Can't bring myself to do it. It all tastes like metal to me :(

ahhh

Well, Beer of Choice off tap is Carlton Draught, out of a Bottle Tooheys Extra Dry, i dont really drink much else...

But i do remember when i was 17 coming into 18 (As ya do these days) Corona's just seemed to be the beer of choice, it was like, i dont know, a good beer on a summer's afternoon, but when u mature a bit u work out if the most worst tasting shit in the world.

I then was able to get into pubs, and drinked New like it was going out of style, everyone i knew was a VB except for me, i cant stand that Vomit Bombs shit...

I tried Carlton Draught probably a yr ago, and havent ever looked back, if im at a pub without out, i nearly come to tears, i then try a new, but it just makes me sick to my stomach which then gets me into the Teddies...

Other beers worth mentioning are definatly Stella. but only off tap, and only by the pint, Something in this shit just makes ya go nuts, hits ya so hard, i remember finding a place pretty local, where it wouldnt get run very much, and they only had schooners, but i had a good 6 of em in an about 2 hours, had a sore head the next day... Empire is good, doesnt have much of an dirty after taste, when they first came out i really liked them. Dont mind a tooheys PILS... very crisp, and when im in a FAT mood, which is most of the time, and wanna try and watch what im eating/drinking, Tooheys Maxim is ok, gets ya drunk, without the calories or some crap...

To whoever asked... Yes they still make Carlton LJ... (which is the same as a Tooheys Maxim)

I like Carlton LJ..... My mates pay me out for it, but since i went to America and drank 'light' beer there the whole time, I became accustomed to it. I just wish it was cheaper... then i may actually buy it :p

I shall have to enquire about this Mariner next time I visit ye olde bottleo.
Doesn't sound too bad, not too bad at all.
It's nothin' like Mastel though is it?
An unfinished taste (IMO) just doesn't go down well with me.
:\
Tell me more... TELL ME MORE!
=D
PEACE

I have given you all the information I can teach you, young one... You'll have to have a taste for yourself :)
It's a typical Pilsner. The typical 'european' beer flavour. Light, yet very refreshing =D

All this talk of beer.........
*runs to fridge*

hmmm i really will hafta think this one through - damn beer in all its goodly graces...
maybe i'll consider it properly over a nice cold stubbie!

=Dloud247=D

I can't drink beer anymore. About 2 years ago I got smashed on beer, and since I can't even smell it without dryreaching. Wich is kind of fucked cuz I kinda liked beer before hand. But I only have myself to blame! :p

- What is your beer of preference?

please dont ridicule me but at the moment i drink alot of fosters cos its cheap over here (england) but i really do enjoy a nasstro azzurro on occasion when the wallet permits. when at home in west australia im a real bogan and go for emu export.

- What effects your choice?

wallet, location

- money?

paying pounds for beers really sucks when u first get here. but it gets better after a while.

- weather?

all weather man.

- time of day?

nows good.

- time of year?

does it really make a difference?

- your location?

england.

aussie beer

I'm not sure how things work over here, so if I'm being an asshole by making a quick post then just tell me so. I'm really not trying to bait anyone or anything.

My rootmate looked over the comment that I should "stay away from VB" and got pissed. He said something about "fucking retards" and how VB is great for "a hard-earned thirst." He said that "Tooheys New" is the only shitty beer in Australia. Is this the Australian version of Natty Lite or something?

And BTW, I'm not trolling, I'm trying to gain a cultural understanding of Australians.

Cheers
:D

VB tastes terrible compared to some of our other beers.

You can buy a case [sic] of carlton draught for about the same price and the difference in taste in well worth it :)