- money?

- weather?

Sunny afternoon at the cott

- time of day?

pretty much anytime after lunch

- time of year?

all year but more in summer

- your location

most definatly the beach is there anywhere else to drink it?

ON THE TOPIC OF BEER...
For those of you in the Perth area, who has been to the Belgian Beer Bar in Perth?
OH MY GOD!
Possibly the best beer in the best bar in the City.
Those of you that have been there know exactly what i'm talking about, those that haven't... you are missing out.
On that note I PROPOSE ANOTHER MEET-UP.
Where will it be held?
The Leedi again... HAHAHA, hell no.
The Belgian Beer Bar of course.
So who's with me?
I shall have to consult Linus (the usual organiser of such events) but I think it's a great idea.
*Sorry Drinky and others that aren't 18*
:\
I can see it now, HUGE glasses of Hoegarden and a group of druggies.
Sweet.
=D
So who's keen?
PEACE

I swear to god I've already posted but...

poor: carlton draught on tap or tooheys new
a bit richer: james squire amber ale

BIG fan right now.

irs is 1:59 am and i just got home craig ipbey rpcle my ficle worlfd!

and i lovm4ehim

craig oey
rulkes beter thab sthat bald guy

i thnink that beer eins deinfately a beter or weirer ithin because oi go t 10 points when itna comes to berer and firls

but is tsil rthink this ntpopic this is awesomely

glwyin = my hjheroeis

I'm 100% in for that one! Beer drinkers unite!
Do it on a thurs/friday/sat evening ... sunday mornings are bad!

Yay killing_time you rock!!!

After starting this thread .. i went and baught some coldies haha .. could not resist .. oh well :)

Belgian Beer Cafe *thumbs up*!!

keystroke said:
irs is 1:59 am and i just got home craig ipbey rpcle my ficle worlfd!

and i lovm4ehim

craig oey
rulkes beter thab sthat bald guy

i thnink that beer eins deinfately a beter or weirer ithin because oi go t 10 points when itna comes to berer and firls

but is tsil rthink this ntpopic this is awesomely

glwyin = my hjheroeis
Ah yes, sounds like a good night my friend.
=D
The only sense I made of that was GillyWin= My Hero.
Enjoy the hangover tomorrow my friend.
PEACE

^^ Meetup at a beer garden? That is so brilliant it is practically INSANE.

Yes.

God Yes.

Oh God Yes.

What is your beer of preference?

Coopers Dark Ale, Coopers Pale Ale or Coopers (Extra Strong) Vintage Ale

What effects your choice?

I have a sort of nostalgia about Coopers beer. When I was a little kid living in eastern Adelaide, the Leabrook Coopers brewery was right near my school and my best friend's house. As I got older, it became kind of a fixture in my life. So I feel a little connection to Coopers :p

Of course, if you grow up in the pub scene in Adelaide, you drink Coopers. Coopers on tap is quite possibly the best thing in the world.

For drinking, they go like this:

Dark Ale - cold days, winter, with lunch, late at night
Pale Ale - hot days, BBQs, with dinner
Vintage Ale - rich days, company do's, places where someone else is picking up the tab

If there's no Coopers, then my second choice is.. death!

No, my second choices are Newcastle Brown or Boags Premium.

I love dark beer the best.

I think the worst beer in the world is Toohey's anything, although Pils take the prize for a specific "worst beer". The worst imported beer I've ever tasted was made by Tetley's and I swear, it tasted like tea. Really strange, weak tea. Not recommended :p

Anyway, I'm going to continue to live vicariously through this thread because my doctor has banned me from beer, and summer is coming. Woe.

sorry for that unreadable rabble ;)

Beer on Tap = Carlton Draught
Beer in Bottle = Victoria Bitter

I drink Schooners (who wants to bother with a Middi? ;) ) or Pints....

1st choice: strawberry blonde, on tap at five islands brewery, wollongong
after that, in this exact order:

becks
coopers pale
coopers sparkling
boags premium
cascade premium
any other blonde beer.

muzby said:
1st choice: strawberry blonde, on tap at five islands brewery, wollongong

I had a new beer there last night they just brewed called "Shark" and it was 8 or 9% in a pint.

Damn thread, made me go and grab a beer... but what a beer, James Boags Premium! mmmm

I very much enjoy my beer and as a regular in the fridge it home its Coopers Sparkling.
If i'm out and going to be having a few then Carlton Draught on tap it is. Boags is superb. I actually like Toohey Pils, but then again i recently converted to VB after being anti-VB for aaaages, its really not THAT bad... just don't drink the shit from a can.

Prolly the best beer i've had was when i was in Vienna, its a czech beer called Budweiser Budvar... very rich, creamy, dope.
Czezh beer is tops. On a side note, i saw a program on lifestyle channel called The Beer Hunter. He was an overweight, well spoken englishman with a beard wearing conservative clothing, not what i would've expected of a beer hunter. Though it did cut to a scene of czech women in bikini's harvesting hops. Note to would be beer makers, THIS is the secret of quality beer.

Adikkal

I enjoy a good beer, my favourite locals being Cascade and the Coopers sparking. I'm also a fan of the Beez Neez. Price always wins out in the end though so i usually go for old faithful (VB).

I used to really hate drinking beer from a can, but after living out of home for awhile, it just makes things so much easier to clean up.

and you can kill 2 cases in the weekend and flatten the cans so they'll fit nicely in a shopping bag for rubbish :)

^ Nice recycling!

I'm surprised you haven't told adikkal what you think of boags ;)

My favourite premium beers are James Squire, Boags and Coopers. I tend to stay away from imported beer because it's more expensive and stale by the time it gets here. But of course, happy hour is another story.

For standard beers I usually go VB, Carlton Draught, Carlton Cold and Tooheys Old. I can't stand New, it gives me a headache every time I drink it. So does Old but the taste is more bearable.

I've only recently, in my last 3 years or so, succumbed to the seduction of beer. It started with the odd 'lite beer' at a barbcue in my dieting days (Carton LJ- do they even exist anymore?), and then I was quickly seduced by the beauty and elegance that is Stella Artois.

I stuck with Stella for a good 18 months (in between my main amour, wine, of course) until I discovered the exquisite Tassie Cascade, which was my new fancy for a while.

Weather doesn't have much to do with my beer drinking habits; I drink beer at barbecues really, and when the wine runs out. That's it. I've even been known to drink a Carlton Cold or two on occasion; they're not so bad. Beer = a great subsitute for wine when your stomach is churning like a washing machine.... or a good starter on a hot day when you look like a Stepford wife bringing out your chardy at an ocker BBQ. ;)

... Or when all else fails at the end of a long night/day... it's an "anything goes" drink :)

What is your beer of preference?
my everyday beer of preference is carlton draught. it has always been my favourite beer, despite a quick fling with reschs pilsner which is also good.
carlton tastes good and is inexpensive.

if im feeling richer i'll get something from the boags range, cascade, or corona. if i could buy steamwhistles or blue tongues by the carton without having to pay an utterly ridiculous amount, then i'd probably buy them almost exclusively, along with the carlton of course :D

at the pub i drink carlton on tap, and vb if the bar has no carlton.
unless i'm at either of two certain bars that serve steam whistles or blue tongues in which case, i drink those.

What effects your choice?
- money?
- weather?
- time of day?
- time of year?
- your location?

money is pretty much the only thing that influences what i buy to drink. if i'm rich as anything i might buy more expensive beer.
as for the other factors, beer may be drunk anywhere, at any time, under any circumstance. more beer!!

Re: Re: Beer - The definitive guide to your preferences

astrosmurf said:
beer may be drunk anywhere, at any time, under any circumstance.

Looks like me and beer have something in common =D