• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Best drug for sleep?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parabola

Bluelighter
I have a horrible time sleeping..im never tired at night...whats the best drug to take to help me sleep?

or, if you're looking for a more natural alternative, try 5-htp.

Dramamine (diphenhydrinate?), the OTC antihistamine (abused occasionally for its deleriant properties in high doses) can be used to help sleep too

I had the same problem, I got some bennies prescribed to help me sleep but they didn't work. Then I got prescribed remeron, and boy.... first time 1 30mg pill knocked me the fuck out in 30 minutes and I slept for 14hours that night! It loses it's sedative properties after a while though, that's why I only pop them when I really need to get to sleep.

Tell your doc that you are feeling depressed, as it's an anti-depressant, and you heard a friend talk about how much remeron has helped them, that should do it.

the harm reduction answer: valerian and melatonin

the answer you probably want to hear: seroquel.

Seroquel works great for sleep. REMERON works really well for sleep. Thoes are two good non-addictive Rx sleeping meds (Well, actually Seroquel is an anti-psychotic, but is commonly used for insomnia due to its sedative properties). Some better ones, that are however, addicting, are Ambien, Sonata, benzodiazepines...

Over the counter drugs, as people mentioned, melatonin, diphenhydramine (Benadryl), kava kava...

There are TONS of alternatives. DO A SEARCH!!

Im surprised no ones mentioned heroin. Does wonders for your sleep... and you'll feel good too. Erm you might end up with some bigger problems then not being able to sleep at night but nonetheless...

But seriously, Melatonin, 5-HTP (but not within a few hours of sleep), Tylenol PMs and regular exercise during the day time. The last ones the biggest, try to get atleast an hour of exercise during the day.

If you want to avoid addiction: valerian root, melatonin or Benadryl/Unisom.

If you aren't too worried about addiction: talk to your doctor about benzodiazepine/benzo-like sleepaids.

I will name the different categories of drugs that are used as sleeping aids and the drugs that are included in them. Some work better than others and I will rate them one star as worse and four star as the most helpful. I'm not going to name all the drugs for each category but just the ones most useful so basically all the drugs that I name you might want to consider, regardless of my rating. These are only drugs that I have tried, I won't name all of them. I will make a note of my suggested dose in consideration that you haven't used them before (No tolerance).

Benzodiazepines and Hypnotics
These drugs are very addictive and shouldn't be used for longer than 2-4 weeks as they wont work anymore unless you raise them to a ridiculous dose.
Triazolam .5mg (Halcion)**** Diazepam (Valium) **
Temazepam 30mg (Restoril) ****
Estrazolam 3mg (ProSom) *
Clonazepam 1-2mg (Klonopin) ***
Nitrazepam 20mg (Mogadon) ****
The following drug is a non-benzodiazepine hypnotic of the imidazopyridine class but with similar effects for help with insomnia
Zolpidem (Ambien) *

Anti-Psychotics
These drugs are usually only prescribed for insomnia when it is induced from a mental disorder or for those who already suffer a mental disorder. Be careful with long-term use, anti-psychotics may cause permanent msucle problems similar to DT's which can be fatal
Quetiapine fumarate 25-50mg (Seroquel) ***
Olanzapine 5-10mg (Zyprexa) **
Risperidone 1mg increased to 2mg following days (Risperdal) *
Haloperidol 2-4mg (Haldol) ***

Anti-Histamines
Anti-histamines are used to help with allergies but they also have sedative properties that can help you with getting sleep.
Diphenhydramine 75mg (Benadryl) **
Promethazine 50mg (Phenergan) **
Hydroxyzine 50-75mg (Vistiril) ****
Doxylamine 25-50mg (Unisom Sleep Tabs) *

Anti-Depressants
Anti-depressants aren't usually prescribed for insomnia but some of the older anti-depressants have sedative qualities and are prescribed for insomnia.
Mirtazapine 30mg (Remeron) ****
Desyrel 100-150mg (Trazodone) **
Sinequan 50-75mg (Doxepin) **
Amitriptyline 25-50mg (Elavil) *

Supplements/Vitamines/Herbal Sleep-Aids
These medications listed are all available over the counter
Melatonin 6mg *
Kava Kava 150-225mg Kavalactones **
5-HTP 150mg ***
Valerian Root 450-900mg **

Opiates/Opioids
Naturally opiates/opioids will sedate you and make you tired so you are probably already aware that these drugs will help with sleep. I've tried just about every opioid/opiates known to man but I will list the more sedative ones. These are just the top of my head. Keep in mind that these doses are for a non-tolerant user.
Codeine 90mg (Tylenol w/Codeine #2-4) **
Hydrocodone 20mg (Vicodin) ****
Morphine 30mg (MSir) /Not sustained release/ ***
Hydromorphone 4mg (Dilaudid) **
Diamorphine 100mg (Heroin) /IV dose/ ****

Additional Sleeping Aids
I will list the specific class that these drugs are from
Butalbital without caffeine 150mg (Fiorinal) *** /Barbiturate
Carisoprodol 700mg (Soma) **** /Muscle Relaxant
Meprobamate 600mg (Miltown) ** /Anti-anxiety agent
Cyclobenzaprine 20mg (Flexeril) ** /Muslce Relaxant
Phenobarbital 100mg (Phenobarbital) *** /Barbiturate
Catapres .2mg (Clonodine) *** /High Blood Pressure Medication
Carbamazepine 200mg (Tegretol) * /Muscle Relaxant

I really hope that this list of sleeping aids is useful for you. I have switched from sleeping aid to sleeping aid for the last 8 years of my life. I have severe insomnia. Not all of these drugs were prescribed, some obtained illegally, majority prescribed, and some OTC. And as you can probably tell, I had a lot of time on my hand today :)

Oh yeah....marijuana also helps

Try these bro......

1. Methamphetamine
2. Amphetamine
3. Cocaine

J/K...:D

1. GHB
2. benzos (esp. valium, xanax, and klonopin) loarzepam or Ativan SUCK ASS IMO..lol...

Addy

Weed usually works fucking great for me, dried and smoked mugwort, of the artemisia family usually sends me straight to sleep.

Of the intended sleep aids, chloral hydrate is easy to synthesize, or perhaps chlorobutanol, although these do have addiction potential.

My friend gave me a Seroquel 300 to help me get some sleep and that kicks me on my ass. It is only prescription, but I've cut it into 6 different peices and it just makes me tired as hell and I get to sleep easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.