• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Salvia 20x Extract - First Time - Giant Yellow Zipper of Reality

It definitely does get dosed in the microgram range, but not nearly as low of a dose as LSD. But the dose-response curve is MUCH steeper than LSD's. You'd better not even attempt to weigh out a dose of pure salvinorin-a unless you have a prescription balance that weighs out micrograms. Back in the day when salvinorin was first isolated, I remember people telling me anything over 1 mg became pretty intense, and often led to blacking out with little to no memory of any experience taking place.

Assuming one has a prescription balance, and microgram weights, I would start off with 500ug and possibly increase by 100ug with each subsequent experiment.

Without such a prescripition balance one's best bet would then be to use one's normal scales, i.e. a +/- 1mg one. If I weigh out, say 3 mg on such a scale and then eyeball it down to smaller units i should be able to get to sth around 0.5mg +/- 0.2mg.... right?

SmokeDro420 said:
I'm starting to believe that the man who guided me (I didnt mention it, but he was present during the whole trip, and watched me zip everything back up, but dissapeared when I was running down the alley) was my id, ego, or superego, or possibly the combination of all three.

I love this part the most, before I had the chance to try Salvia, I had heard a lot about 'Lady Salvia', or at least a female presence in regards to it all, and when I finally had my own experience, I remember walking away from it thinking "There was nothing even vaguely female about any of that, what a load of shit!"

And since I haven't had the chance to return to the salvia headspace since then, I like to believe I'm not the only one with a lack of female presence in her salvia trips :)

awesome trip report. yours reminded me of an aspect of my only REAL trip that i had totally forgotton. it was similar in that instead of being a zipper, i was a character in this huge book, and all the pages were falling around me, and in order to survive and not be sucked into this imaginary book world, i had to dodge the pages while i was walking on this white line. salvia is good stuff :]

^^ another thing, i also had an old lady just sitting in a chair and watching me try to dodge these falling pages. she just sat there and laughed the entire time.

Yeah I have yet to have any "feminine" figures in my salvia experiences. Mostly, any "entity" that has made its presence felt to me, I interpretted as alien, or merely a non-gender specific observer type being. As a matter of fact, I can't even claim to have made contact with any "human" like presence. I wonder how much of the plant's "spirit", or the dimension where it unzips us into, or whatever it seems like to the individual user, is like how Jodie Foster sees the alien presence at the end of the movie "Contact" as her father...or in other words, how much the individual user colors over something unknown to make it knowable. I suspect 85% or more of everyone's descriptions in trips like salvia that totally erase one's sober world for a bit and transport them to a wholly new place, at least psychologically if not spiritually and perhaps existentially, are an attempt of the user's brain to fill in the blanks of something utterly alien and unknown. It is only "like" what we have already experienced...

Ximot said:
Without such a prescripition balance one's best bet would then be to use one's normal scales, i.e. a +/- 1mg one. If I weigh out, say 3 mg on such a scale and then eyeball it down to smaller units i should be able to get to sth around 0.5mg +/- 0.2mg.... right?

Wrong. Have you ever *seen* what 0.5mg looks like? It's kinda funny, actually, to imagine someone trying to eyeball-out microgram dosage. You wouldn't even see what you're separating. Hell, probably a good 1 mg would end up being stuck to the razor blade!

In other words, it's not a good idea. If you plan on being in possession of pure salvinorin-a, you might as well go ahead and purchase a pharmacist's prescription balance. You can get them from just about any science-type catalog, and they look cool too! (You know, the old-school balance with two brass dishes suspended from chains? Like the Libra symbol...)

ive never felt the zipper thing you felt, but i've experienced the feeling of pages flipping by.. for me it was more like i was on a train or something and the same room kept going by (the room I happened to be in in real life) very quickly.

next time you use salvia you might not want to use it some some back alley.. it's not good to be blacked out on drugs in public with a pipe in your lap ;)

In my best example this is how it was for me.

3 bong hits and 10 seconds later.

Where am I? What is this place? Ive been here before, I have that feeling of djavu. I do not understand or remember anything; everything I look at does not make sense and seems to be trying to communicate with me. Everything I look at is making me. What is this stuff? Why do I feel ive been here before? This stuff is all weird I don’t like it. Am I in space? Where am I? What dimension did I go to? Who am I? How did I get here? Am I alive? Why does that look so familiar? WAIT ive seen it before, I think Ive been here.. Its black, it has some type of screen. I see keys.. Its coming back to me, its my IBM think pad laptop.. Trip ended.. feeling so out of it.

You know, I don't want to be a buzzkill here but I'm running the bullshit flag on this one. All of that was a very very physical description of things that you "saw" however, all of my experiences with salvia have been nothing but mental pictures.

I never "saw" anything. I felt them. I experienced them and it was only my minds eye that really saw anything. I couldn't physically see objects or colors I just perceived them.

You also say that you broke through your first time using 20x extract from a headshop. I hate to tell you but that crap they sell in the boxes in the little bottles at headshops is bunk. I've tried it, many of my friends have tried it and yielded no results. I've also never heard of anyone ever breaking through their first time. It took my friend and I a slow buildup over about a month or two just to get to a breakthrough. It takes time to perfect your smoking technique.

You also say that you did it in an alley in the middle of the day. That doesn't sound right. In order to get the desired effects your mind needs to be sensory deprived. This means no light and no sound. On the several occasions my friends and I were kept from breaking through by the simplest sound or light. Even a small LED light under a table in my friends room kept me from my journey.

--Majunior said:

I've also never heard of anyone ever breaking through their first time.

I have. Well, had profound effects.

or how do you define breakthrough?

And not all extracts sold in headshops (in Holland at least) are bunk. True though that some are more effective than others. I broke through with a 10x extract on my first day with the substance, second time I filled the pipe and managed to do what I'd rad I should do to get effects. Not that difficult.

By profound effects I mean being torn from reality and thrown someplace else. Being so overpowered by salvia that you no longer recall ever having smoked it and don't know where, who or what you are.

I broke though then, on my first day of ever smoking it. Though the trip lasted perhaps 10-15 mins in that profundity (if that) at the time I thought all time had ceased.

--Majunior said:
You know, I don't want to be a buzzkill here but I'm running the bullshit flag on this one. All of that was a very very physical description of things that you "saw" however, all of my experiences with salvia have been nothing but mental pictures.

I never "saw" anything. I felt them. I experienced them and it was only my minds eye that really saw anything. I couldn't physically see objects or colors I just perceived them.

You also say that you broke through your first time using 20x extract from a headshop. I hate to tell you but that crap they sell in the boxes in the little bottles at headshops is bunk. I've tried it, many of my friends have tried it and yielded no results. I've also never heard of anyone ever breaking through their first time. It took my friend and I a slow buildup over about a month or two just to get to a breakthrough. It takes time to perfect your smoking technique.

You also say that you did it in an alley in the middle of the day. That doesn't sound right. In order to get the desired effects your mind needs to be sensory deprived. This means no light and no sound. On the several occasions my friends and I were kept from breaking through by the simplest sound or light. Even a small LED light under a table in my friends room kept me from my journey.

[snip - Meanie] I didn't make this up[snip]

I don't appreciate being called a liar at all.

Last edited by a moderator:
[snip] that is the exactly the kind of thing that happens when you smole salvia. Some people naturally have a lower tolerance to salvia letting them break through easily on the first time (like me) and other have higher tolerance. That explains why it took you so long to be able to consume enough smoke to be able to break through.. Majunior.

so CHILL. Im high.

I've felt the "zipper" in my experiences. It feels to me as if I am being divided in two, but not in a clean split, more like if I was made of pixels and hewn in two, and the two parts of me are visually similar to looking at something all zoomed up and pixelly in photoshop. It is very difficult to detail the experience for someone who has not felt it the same way. I assure you though, I have. I have also seen beings. Once it was clear as day, or night. I saw an alien, kneeling on my chest. I saw my own reflection in its eyes. I have also seen/felt beings in a less detailed enviornment...usually very whited out...lots of over bright white light washing out the details, but usually there seems to be flashing red lights, and alot of equipment of some sort. Something that my mind understands to be high tech gizmos. Still not sure what to make of it all, and I always wonder how much of what I am experiencing is being filled in by my mind to the nearest metephor/memory to make sense of what I am "seeing". Still dunno...only trips back to salvia land will help me tell I guess.

Don't be so quick to write people off just cause you aren't at the same place they are.

[snip] Your "trip report" barely sounds anything like any experiences me or any of my friends have had and we've been smoking salvia for years. Considering salvia puts you into a DREAMLIKE state, you don't SEE anything.

And Mason I've been smoking it for about two years [snip] That is NOT exactly what happens when you smoke salvia. Especially not in some back alley in the middle of the day.

What the hell does it matter where you are, physically, when you smoke it? You leave your body far behind anyway. Man... don't sweat this Majunior dude, no one else thinks your report is bs.

Only time I ever broke through on salvia was when I consumed a shitload of blue meanies prior. I sure don't recommend mixing salvia with other psyches...its fucken intense!! Much with the immense ego loss and sense of being reality and time. As if seeing everything all at once, as if it were a surface, so solid, so connected there is no need to move. Was quite chlostrophobic fuck out, yet quite enlightening.

Re: In my best example this is how it was for me.

projump2001 said:
3 bong hits and 10 seconds later.

Where am I? What is this place? Ive been here before, I have that feeling of djavu. I do not understand or remember anything; everything I look at does not make sense and seems to be trying to communicate with me. Everything I look at is making me. What is this stuff? Why do I feel ive been here before? This stuff is all weird I don’t like it. Am I in space? Where am I? What dimension did I go to? Who am I? How did I get here? Am I alive? Why does that look so familiar? WAIT ive seen it before, I think Ive been here.. Its black, it has some type of screen. I see keys.. Its coming back to me, its my IBM think pad laptop.. Trip ended.. feeling so out of it.

Thats a pretty good way to describe what I was feeling during my trip. My prevailing thoughts though were probably "Am I ever going to return to reality" and "Ive been here before".

---->Junior
If you don't believe me thats your problem, stay out of my thread please, and thank you.