• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

anyone who doesnt like drinking anymore?

I still love alchohol but then again im still in my teens. Since I found opiates I have realized the good/bad things about alchohol. Its great in moderation, but I wont lie I love to get hammed up with good friends and just have a good time.

Either way I'm buzzed right now after a decent night.

I prefer cannabis to alcohol in a heartbeat, and I have to be in the mood to drink alcohol.

alcohol really is a shitty drug imo.

I really never liked drinking. It's something that's extemely specific to set & setting. I could never get drunk alone and just read/listen to music/chill and be straight or go and run errands. When I'm drunk, I'm just drunk. It's not very euphoric or anything and I see too many people ruining their lives over alcohol.

The last time I drank to excess, I humiliated myself in front of my acquaintances and coworkers. I haven't had the quite the same predilection for the drink since, and I don't expect it to return (thankfully).

I'm not really that big a fan of alcohol, but it is quite nice to get drunk off your ass every now and then. Self-control is important though. I'm quite the alcohol lightweight, which is actually quite a good thing in my opinion, since I hate the taste of alcohol. I also prefer harder alcohol. I like to drink as little as possible while still getting rather fucked up.

I can't drink it anyway. Some kind of problem with defective genes for alcohol dehydrogenase. The smell of it alone makes me incredibly nauseous. I can just barely stomach the 2% or whatever that's in some cough syrups.

I have a friend with two alcoholic parents that gave it up completely when he started smoking weed though. I thought that was interesting since he was definately starting to follow in their footsteps before that.

I used to like alcohol when I was younger and enjoyed getting "fucked up", and didn't care about weighing the positive and negative aspects of a drug experience. However, alcohol tastes like poison, poisons your brain and liver, impairs your judgement, slurs your speech, hinders your intellect, causes memory loss, induces nausea/vomiting, makes it dangerous to drive, makes it dangerous to hang out in public, and I honestly can't think of any benefits besides lowering inhibitions. I'm uninhibited while sober, so there aren't any positive aspects to it for me now. Benzos are pretty much as bad.

Smoking pot's not as bad but still pretty awful in general. Great body high and enhancement of taste and sound, but it comes with paranoia and a serious drain on brain power and short term memory. The only time I like being stoned is when I spend the duration of the high driving a car. Every now and then I come to an intersection and have absolutely no idea what street, city, or state I'm in for a few seconds though.

I like drugs that enhance/amplify reality, not drugs that suppress it.

Sphinx, I agree wholeheartedly with your position on alcohol. (and steroids and growth factors etc.) But your ideal drugs are much different from mine - I like the psychedelics and MDMA, you like the opioids. I find opioids pleasant and side effect free, but too expensive to be worthwhile in this day and age.

Sphinx (Afterlife) said:
Out of everyone I know, im the only person whose ever grown out of alcohol.

All people I know or used to still drink weekly. I stopped drinking when I was 15, about 2 years after having started. Ill never be drunk again. I fuckin hate it, its the most retarded high ever and worst is I cannot STAND people who are drunk if im not drunk, like why does everyone whose drunk always have to talk louder than the person next to them, until everyones fucking screaming their heads off!?! Since then ive had to 'cut loose' all the people I know who drink because I just want to pound their head off the road anytime they start a story with "so I was so drunk last night..." and since every fucking story they ever tell starts with that, I realised these people are the hugest losers ive ever known and im ashamed to have ever associated with them.

Opioids are where its at, now those are FLAWLESS drugs, so perfect in every single aspect, with cannabinoids coming in second and no other drug coming within 1000 miles of these two and their superiority.

Conclusion: If it doesnt end with 'oid its not worth killing your brain cells or liver cells for :D

I still drink alcohol, but only cocktails because theyre so damn delicious, and never anywhere near enough to get drunk or even buzzed, but a mai tai or a chi chi while smokin a cuban with my toes being caressed by the oceans waters and an opiate buzz glowing throughout my sun beaten body is something to fantasise of daily.

I cant drink sober anymore, I have to mix it with E or I just can't stomach it, Its a pretty terrible buzz on its own really, or even mixed with good buds, Fuckin' great with sherm, terrible with acid, terrible with shrooms, a motherfucking godsend with coca, bad news on pills, china white or H,Too weird on special K (Triggers K hole for me...),Not fun at all for me on meth, and simply poison of poisons when mixed with other types of itself..

alcohol is still useful for coming down off various substances

and in moderation of course, i think a lot of alcohol's negativity comes from ppl who overdo it. drink to get a nice buzz, not trashed...i see this too much in younger ppl, why put yourself through headaches, vomit, etc.? a few glasses of good wine on a quiet evening can be pretty nice

i was also beginning to wonder if the whole alcohol effect is just a big social conspiracy as well. they say you lose your judgement and thinking but i do'nt believe that at all, even when you are really smashed you still know what you are doing, so it's like people are just using "being drunk" as an excuse to do things and act stupid when you are in fact aware of what you are doing. i dunno if that made sense

Damn, this thread makes me appreciate the fact that despite how much alcohol I consume in the average week, I'm never hungover (have been drinking fairly regularly for maybe a little over a year now and have only had 1 hangover ever; and it just so happened to be last week)

Of course that's a double-bladed sword and me not getting hangovers just makes it worse that alcoholism runs in my family. I'm Irish what can I say? =D
I only drink hard liqor (usually 80pf and above), but I always pace myself and after 8 shots to a pint, I'll put the booze down and start drinking water until I pass out. Don't get me wrong, I'll drink beer or wine, but only after I'm already drunk off liquor. I don't think I've ever been drunk off soley beer/wine..hmm strange. Something that's on my to-do list now I s'ppose.

I used to LOVE drinking (2 DWI's to prove it)... since I got into dope, benzos and crack (I used to like drinking+coke, but I found that IV coke/smoking crack with dope/benzos is far superior) - drinking has become almost intolerable. It's not even that good of a feeling, no euphoria, it just alters your conciousness with no benefits, especially for someone like me who doesn't know limits (we're talking ALOT of booze here) and who everytime he drinks ends up blacking out, doing something stupid, getting into trouble and regretting everything the next day with a huge hangover.

^^
that was sort of my experience, too, except no crack/heroin....just that drinking was great when i was younger and didn't really know what was out there but as soon as i discovered opiates, benzos, and psychedelics, alcohol paled in comparison. it always makes me so mad when college students who are practically alcoholics say they 'don't do drugs bc it's bad from my body/brain.':X i'm, like, please i am pretty sure i am doing way less damage to my bodies using drugs moderately and not drinking than you are with all your drinking.

I love drinking. I love my other drugs as well, but I really love booze. Just a few quiet glasses of wine is a fantastic way to unwind after a hard days work, without the foggy hangover that weed gives you. I used to smoke a lot of weed, and certainly drank less then, but now I prefer booze. Socially, its one of the best lubricants. Largely because its not a false atmosphere created by it (ie. cocaine). So long as you don't go overboard, it'll always hold a special place in a lot of people's hearts that no other substance can top.

That said, I'm a fiend for the blow, and you can't have one without the other.... =D

^^^ See, I find nowadays booze gives me a foggier feeling than weed. For the first 45 min or so after I start to drink I feel stimulated and socially lubricated. Then this heavy, sleepy, lobotomy-like "duh!" feeling sets in. THAT is the effect of alcohol that I could do without.

I've never really liked drinking. I'll do it in certain social situations or if I'm desperate for something, but I'd rather be doing something else... that's for sure. I honestly cannot tolerate the taste of most liquors. Beer and Wine are both pretty good but I can't seem to keep my shots in my stomach due to the taste.

"That said, I'm a fiend for the blow, and you can't have one without the other..."

That's for sure. Along with coke, alcohol is good in many combinations (benzos, amphetamines, opiates, etc.) and therefore not entirely useless. The taste isn't quite as bothersome when I'm already fucked up anyways ;).

A 211 tallboy is the perfect amount of alcohol. Just enough to make me feel relaxed, not enough to make me stupid, incapable of reading and wake up with a hangover drunk.

WW, I'm not a fan of alcohol plus amphetamines. When I'm on amphetamines, drinking alcohol doesn't really do much to me except make me feel dumber and sloppier. It doesn't increase the euphoria of amphetamines at all, that I've noticed. As I said, the warm 'dopamine glow' of the first 30~45 minutes of a drinking episode is the only effect of alcohol I like, and since amphetamines keep dopamine levels elevated for hours, I don't find there's any point to adding alcohol to the mix.

I'm also a person who chooses his words very carefully and always likes to feel like he's in control of himself, and alcohol doesn't help with either of these things. I disrespect my drunken self -- far, far more than my stoned or rolling self.

lucid.tripper said:
I prefer cannabis to alcohol in a heartbeat, and I have to be in the mood to drink alcohol.

alcohol really is a shitty drug imo.
TOTALLY agree. I like getting drunk from time to time, but I find it to be a kind of stupid feeling...