• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

anyone who doesnt like drinking anymore?

I don't really everytime I drink I feel poisened and end up hugging the toilet most of the night.

I used to drink quite a lot, in social settings. I could hold my liquor quite well and have only puked maybe 4 times. However, now, after discovering other substances, my desire for being drunk has subsided. Give me blow or hydrocodone any ol' day before vodka. ;)

Is it me or is it cool not to drink on the internet or something?

I am going to go ahead and add to this slightly old thread because I would love to hear more peoples opinions about it.

"Usually when people discover new drugs other than alcohol they go through a stage of discrediting it in favour of these fun new drugs, but eventually you go back and relise alcohol isn't that bad a drug after all." ~S-R

Yeah I think that about sums up my feelings on the subject. I went through a phase where I only drank one case of beer and a single half gallon of whiskey over the course of like 7+ months. Then I came to my senses and realized I was just being an elitist douche, from that point on I was back to hitting the bottle along with most anything else I did.

Although I really cant drink beer anymore (not that I really want to when there is hard liquor) there is a social aspect that all alcohol has and every other drug including herb lacks. Plus even straight edge people are rarely judgemental of drinking so you can associate with a broader group than just other drug users.

Even though I hate the after effects of alcohol and all the damage it does to my body, the relatively boring nature of its subjective effects, and its incoveniance (keeping your liquor cold, mixing drinks, etc...) I just keep going back. As soon as I get a few glasses of liquor in me I feel almost like I fit in somewhere or that I am not a total outcast. That my friends is a priceless feeling I do not get on any other substance and definitely will never feel sober.

I stopped because I just couldn't deal with the hangovers anymore. I'm probably a bit older than a lot of posters here (41), and before I stopped in 2000, I'd been drinking since I was sixteen. That's a few years of drinking. When I was eighteen I could stay up all night pounding beer and whiskey and still get up for work, but towards the end there I'd need two or three days to recover.

My last binge was New Years Eve in 2000: I had to be carried out of the bar by my friends (so I'm told) at 4:00 am completely destroyed on blow, vodka, and Jagermeister. I woke up the next day with a horrible, debilitating hangover and found all kinds of glass and stuff smashed in my house. Still have no idea....

I still drank for a while that year, but never quite as bad, and then quit for good by the end of the year. I was completely abstinent for three years, but in the past few I enjoy a cocktail or two (and even a rare bump) now and again (Absolut & 7 is my poison of choice). But now I always stop at two, and can proudly say I haven't had a hangover in four years. And I don't miss 'em at all. Of course, then I had to get into opiates, but that's a whole 'nother story. :

devildude

I was a big drinker in college and in my years before I was 21....Since then I have just gotten bored with alcohol. Yes, from time to time it is fun to get totally loaded...but not as much as i used to.
I only continue to drink often because its just a little more socially acceptable and easier to get than drugs.

Out of everyone I know, im the only person whose ever grown out of alcohol.

All people I know or used to still drink weekly. I stopped drinking when I was 15, about 2 years after having started. Ill never be drunk again. I fuckin hate it, its the most retarded high ever and worst is I cannot STAND people who are drunk if im not drunk, like why does everyone whose drunk always have to talk louder than the person next to them, until everyones fucking screaming their heads off!?! Since then ive had to 'cut loose' all the people I know who drink because I just want to pound their head off the road anytime they start a story with "so I was so drunk last night..." and since every fucking story they ever tell starts with that, I realised these people are the hugest losers ive ever known and im ashamed to have ever associated with them.

Opioids are where its at, now those are FLAWLESS drugs, so perfect in every single aspect, with cannabinoids coming in second and no other drug coming within 1000 miles of these two and their superiority.

Conclusion: If it doesnt end with 'oid its not worth killing your brain cells or liver cells for :D

I still drink alcohol, but only cocktails because theyre so damn delicious, and never anywhere near enough to get drunk or even buzzed, but a mai tai or a chi chi while smokin a cuban with my toes being caressed by the oceans waters and an opiate buzz glowing throughout my sun beaten body is something to fantasise of daily.

I never was, and still arent a big drinker. :\

Never got into it, being drunk isnt my idea of fun, i dont enjoy it, and it makes me sick. So i just dont bother anymore.

But, i do enjoy a few vodka's on the rare occasion... =D

i never was a drinker unit NYE 2004/05 from which i found myself binge drink everyday.. mainly just for the heck of it... yeah why not?... type thing.
after countless days of feeling sick and vomiting and ofcourse how can i for get pissing in my wardrobe thinking i was in the bathroom 8( i gave it up this new years 05/06. My head is clear none of the groggy feeling in the morning and i can eat food and keep it down now .. woohoo!
i will never drink again as i have addictive tendencies and dont want to go down that path again.

i didnt drink 4 a long time wen i first started doing drugs cos i was at that sorta snobby stoner stage where NUTHING but weed is worth doing, even tho at that stage i had neva had any bad drinking experiences, also my doctor kept telling me if i drank 2 much it mite bring on an epileptic fit
however wen i got into meth it became anuther story, suddenly i needed a good wind-down, and so i started 2 drink myself into oblivion evry time i came dwon and soon enuff - bingo - im a binge drinker too
bit of a new zealand thing i guess
i luv being drunk, and i luv the taste of alcohol
i hope oneday i dont like it so much cos its an awful waste of time and money wen ur trying 2 get sumwhere...

never really did to begin with. can't stand the taste of anything that isn't a drink that comprimises my bad-assitude. makes me too depressed at the end of the night. i'd prefer pretty much any other substance. i kind of faked it through my first year of college, until i realized i hated parties and drunk people and found that i was much happier in the woods or in my room with closer friends on cooler substances...

I have given up on alcohol now - not that I drank that much anyway. The main reasons being that I don't like the taste and it makes me feel sick. I don't really enjoy the 'high' that much either - I get no euphoria, only dizzyness. Plus the hangovers kill me. Give me any other drug and I will be fine the next day - but alcohol will render me useless for at least a day.

My Dad is also an alcoholic - in fact he's in hospital now with liver problems. I also know a few people who have drank themselves to death, but these situations haven't really influenced my decision to quit alcohol.

Alcohol, for me, seems to have way more negtives effects than most common recrational drugs without any of the positives. I don't get why so many people enjoy it! :)

The high of alcohol is cool for 30 minutes or so, then the good feeling quickly goes to "ok" feeling and then to shitty feeling. It's also really bad for the head and the liver.

I never drink alcohol, even 1 glass of beer is too much for me. I don't like the "mind-shrinking" effect, sober is wayy better

i stopped drinking a couple years ago... 3/4 a bottle of SoCo blacked out 5 times, woke up and thru up over 100 times, i never drank again.

Not yet. I think if im ever to be "over it" i'm going to have to find a substitute :\

i dont really care for it anymore. but if i had a 40oz and a fistful of valiums and had some time to myself i cant see any reason why i wouldnt.

Does anyone here find that when the place and people you used to drink with are gone or no longer desirable, you lose the desire to drink? I'm in another dry phase right now, simply because I only used to really drink at this one dive bar I liked. One day there not too long ago, I was treated to somebody asking me, "Are you sure you're not gay?". I was also the only one who refused to croon along to an Eagles song, or acknowledge Natural Born Killers as a masterpiece. I walked out of there that night with no desire to return, and interestingly enough, no taste for alcohol.

hmmm drinking stories...

waking up on the beach with an upsidedown cross carved in my chest (it healed)

getting trashed, then smoking weed in my parents kitchen and smashing their safe with a sledgehammer (got caught of course, safes don't walk outside and smash themselves)

throwing a chicken against the wall of my best friends kitchen on his birthday just because i'm a vegetarian.

various embarrasing hookups (and occasional erectile dysfunction when under the influence)

going into store 24 at 2 in the morning, trying to steal whipped cream, and getting arrested.

drinkin my own piss in front of mad heads just for a laugh.

etc.

i'm one of the people who should not be drinking. i'm not an asshole, but i act a fool. so my drinking is very rare and i limit myself to a single 40 or 4 or 5 pints of beer. (don't even mess with hard liquor anymore, can't control it.) lots of good stories with lots of bad consequences.

I recently rediscovered it.

I'm even more recently rediscovering why it hasn't been my thing for like 4 or 5 years.

Yeh, I had my acne treated with accutane. That meant 6 months of no drinking. Drinking while on accutane can really make you feel nasty, and cause liver damage.

Before accutane, I would drink at least once a week, pretty much getting drunk a few times a month, sometimes with a hangover. But after my accutane treatment, alcohol is not the same for me. It makes me feel shitty, I can't drink more than 3 beers. I'm glad though. I'm acne free, and no longer feel the need to drink alcohol.