• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

anyone who doesnt like drinking anymore?

i've been pretty addicted to the stuff up to the point where i was drunk every day, when i was still in school. i stopped drinking all together for a few months with no real withdrawals. but now i occasionally drink (a lot) in the weekends and i feel withdrawals for a few days afterwards, not something like a delerium but just feeling cracked out, anxious, irritated.

bc4130 said:
When I was in high school and first discovered the fun of alcohol I thought it was great.
Then I discovered other things, and alcohol just has so many negative effects associated with it, and it's not that great to begin with.
Plus I can't really enjoy it anymore, because my stomach can't seem to handle enough of it to actually get me drunk. I can't drink like I used to. So it's kinda lost it's fun. I haven't quit drinking, but I don't get drunk anymore or over-do it at all anymore.

i'm the same way, i can't handle enough alcohol to get drunk anymore. i think smoking a lot of weed decreased my ability to handle alcohol. last time i got drunk i drank about 1 beer and 3 shots and i felt like i was gonna die, i felt so poisoned.

Edge80 said:
Here is a thread that kind of relates to this.OPIOD FIENDs hate ALCOHOL??

I know I hate drinking. I would love to be on opiates any day over having that feeling of being drunk, or that feeling of being hung over.

I agree, but that doesn't stop me from drinking once in a while. Sometimes I get lucky and actually enjoy being drunk, but alcohol usually just makes me feel like shit.

I wish I could say yes but it's more like the opposite. I like to drink more and more everyday. My greatgrandfather was an alcoholic, my dad's a semi-alcoholic and with the constant availablility around here, im afraid I have no hope!
on a lighter note. I do enjoy a good beer or strait tequila.

I drink if i got no other drugs. Or if im on E, I love being tanked an on E :)

I drank like a fish in college. I was such a lush that I my mouth would water and tingle at the thought of alcohol, and beer literally tasted sweet to me.

Then, thanks to reading BL, I began using Piracetam and daily doses of 5htp and vitamin B to try to improve my mental health. I'm not sure which of these three it was, but from that day forward, I completely lost my taste for alcohol.

I never crave alcohol anymore the way I used to. I don't look forward to getting drunk. I'll have a beer or two socially, and notice its effects very strongly. Binge drinking is decidedly unpleasant, and I don't know what I ever enjoyed about it.

<Shrugs> Maybe it's not the Piracetam, 5htp, or B-complex. Maybe drinking a lot is just something most people grow out of. Of the people I knew in college who'd drank their asses off in high school, most of them barely touched the stuff anymore. Been there done that, was their attitude. Conversely, most of the heavy drinkers in college were people who hadn't touched it much in high school, and were breaking loose for the first time. <points to self>

radiohead said:
I've gotten tired of drinking, I don't really like it much. So I'm pretty much quitting. Anyone else feel this way about drinking?

Yes...drinking sucks...its boring and makes me feel shitty so why do it. I never drink anymore without smoking weed and never get drunk anymore.

Every now and then I like to have a few kaluah and milk and smoke a bunch of weed and mmmmm it feels so good :) ...but only on that odd occasion.

I got tired of drinking, discovered MDMA, discovered other drugs, stopped drinking, discovered benzodiazepines, started drinking again. I don't like beer though.

Only spirits or wine for me thanks.

Alcohol may seem dull and unworthy to some, but it has its charm. It's a good addition to many drug combos.

Haha this has actually happened to me many times. With a numerous amount of different things; such as, smoking weed, doing meth, doing e, and yes drinking. I always end up doing it again, but alot less. I know that if I do something too much then I will get tired of it. I think this has happened the most with drinking though, maybe it is due to the fact that is what everyone does... every weekend.

i drink sometimes, usually only when i can't get anything else. it's fun for a while, but i usually feel sick and/or get hungover. i don't like the taste of it anyays, especially beer, but since im underage, my sources are limited and i usually have to get beer. :(

why get wasted on alcohol, get all moody, start fights, cause problems, puke everywhere, when you get smoke bud and be all happy? or hell, just pop a pill and just dance all night.

I never drink enough to puke or be hungover, just to have fun. 8 beers and some ganja gets me fucked up enough to have fun, but not so fucked up that i'm puking. I don't love the inebriated feeling, but there's a certain freewheeling aspect to it that I do like - I don't combine alcohol with any drugs other than weed, though.

Having a beer or two here and there is quite relaxing, however, as are most things in moderation - by far the best thing about drinking though would be that invincible feeling it gives you. If i'm drunk, I can walk a million miles and not feel shit, and feel up for going anywhere. Stoned, I couldn't give a fuck, I'll walk to get food or go to a park to smoke more, but not much else. I mean, psychedelics and stims obviously are very outdoors, walking kinda drugs as well, but alcohol is so easy to get...cheap way to have a little cheap fun, and if you don't overdo it, I don't see many negatives. Neurotoxicity isn't that much of a problem unless you're binge drinking, and consistently, and I don't get bad hangovers with my rate and level of drinking...especially if I smoke as well, which I almost inevitably do.

btw, I'm a happy, funny drunk, so none of the fighting etc. is applicable to me. I've had some fairly vicious political arguments drunk but nothing else :p I just tend to put on a Hunter Thompson-as-portrayed-by-Johnny Depp accent, an irish or cockney accent, do lil john and various other impersonations, and move randomly from conversation to conversation, never adding much but a few jokes and a random movie quote if I feel like it. I rarely come off as sleazy, either...can't remember the last time I hit on a woman shamelessly while drunk. not my style.

I rarely drink, but when I do, it's only with close friends/etc. Usually just get a 12 pack or 2 of bottles or something. Process usually goes:
Drink a beer
Smoke a J
Play some Halo
Rinse and repeat until passed out or friends are passed out....or out of beer.

Usually when people discover new drugs other than alcohol they go through a stage of discrediting it in favour of these fun new drugs, but eventually you go back and relise alcohol isn't that bad a drug after all.

I was once an alcoholic but I quit and fell in love with opiates since. I would never touch alcohol again, it sickens me now to think about it and I was a hard daily drinker for four years

S-R said:
Usually when people discover new drugs other than alcohol they go through a stage of discrediting it in favour of these fun new drugs, but eventually you go back and relise alcohol isn't that bad a drug after all.
my sentiments exactly.

I've never liked drinking as much as smoking weed, but now I don't get anything out of getting drunk anymore. I still have a drink to relax every now and then, and I'll have a beer or two to get buzzy and social when I go out, but alcohol as a serious drug is pretty much done for me.

I do. After hitting up bars, dance clubs, and getting so drunked up @ houseparties all over US for past 5 years. I already got bored of it, and I'm only 24. I'm the first person in 4th generation of my family that isnt hardcore alcoholic (well, but I used to trip often though hehe), my mother and grandma kept reminding me that. I was never crazy about the taste of beers, wops, and straight shots. I can handle mixed drinks that doesnt taste like crap most of times.

I'd rather stay home smoke blunts, and play GTA, Final Fantasy video games, or crash @ my friend's crib for few hours sipping up to couple cups of beers from keg than spending hefty amount of $$, and breathing secondhand smokes (yuk) @ clubs or bars that charges too damn much for a bottle of beer. I get drunk easily- 2 or 3 bottles of beers is enough.

I prefer tripping on psychedelic substances over drinking any day, any time. :)

I'm not totally sick of drinking. 4 years ago, all I did was basically drink. Then I started smoking weed and popping pills. Now, I rarely seem to get drunk. Last summer, I got drunk a total of 2 times. Which is an extremely low number for me. All I really have been doing for a while now is eating pills and smoking weed.

I like drinking, but I just don't like the taste and the next morning hangover. I prefer pot so much more. You can get fucked up and all you have to do is lay back, relax, hit the blunt/bowl/bong/joint, and enjoy the weed smoke going through your lungs.