Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Ambien (50mg) - Experienced - Woah.

Regulus

Bluelighter
Trip Report: 10 Ambien (50mg)... Woah.

Dose: 50mg Ambien (5mg tablets)
Weight: 135

Last night is all sort of a blur to me right now... I didn't really plan or focus on tripping my balls off that night, and Ambien is known to be make you forget what the fuck just happened to you (It can also cause these kind of effects over long-term abuse, so beware). Therefore, this account of what goes on in a high dose Ambien trip may leave out a few things.

At 11PM I was going to bed after watching some TV and browsing the forums... I went into my bathroom and for some completely spontaneous reason, took 10 times my normal dosage of Ambien that night. The previous night, I had taken 25mg, so I guess I just decided it would be fun and interesting to double that.

At 11:15, I was feeling mild xanax-like effects, and in this zone where everything is starting to transition from real to, just like the medicine says, ambient.

At 11:30, I was full out tripping. I still felt somewhat sober, though I found when I let it go and started doing whatever felt right, I would be acting really fucked up. I stumbled into my brother's room at one point, falling all over the place, barely able to stay awake. It was like I was the only thing moving, and everything else was just a swaying, stationary, confusing world. Everything around me was tilted the the right, I was being dragged in that direction.

12AM - I turn on the TV and watch some Family Guy... I focus hard on the screen and the picture becomes completely three-dimensional. I am absorbed within the boundaries of the screen.

12:30AM - I am feeling extremely good at this point... Not even tired really. I can make anything melt or tilt or swirl... It was fucking nuts. I fell into my brothers room once again, barely able to walk, and sit down at the computer. Something makes me search for "psychedelic" on google images, and I stare at a ribbon rainbow pattern for at least 30 minutes, watching it bend and swirl, comparable only to the 5 gram mushroom trip I recently endevoured... Though also completely different.

1AM - I go outside and look at the three artistic photos of my dog hung on the wall... I stared at him into the glass for about 30 minutes, and I could have sworn every now and then he would smile at me. I went to go look for him but found this to be an impossible task, and got no more than 10 feet before deciding I might not make it back from that adventure.

1:45AM - Finally, I am ready to go to bed and let the drug to it's real work. I lay in bed and imagine the most amazing things, flying through a world of psychedelic colors with my dog being the only one I remember. Eventually, I fall asleep and wake up only a little hungover at 6:45AM.

Ambien is definitly not a drug that should be underestimated... It was pretty fucking intense and nothing like I expected such a high dose to be. High doses of Ambien are flat out hallucinogenic, bringing on visuals that are comparable to mushrooms and a body high that is a mix between Xanax and DXM (sort of). I really don't think anyone should take as high of a dose as I did until they are very familiar with the drug; some people really hate it and some people love it. I highly recommend taking 30mg+ once you have worked your way up though... You will be suprised by the psychedelic power of this prescription drug.

I once took 140 mg.....(pretty much because after 50mg's, I didn't remember eating more until my bottle was gone).... I don't remember too many details, but I will say I was NOT in any sort of concrete reality....there were doubles of everything, and EVERYTHING was a hallucination

I woke up the next morning (about 6 hours after I went to sleep) and didn't feel the drug at all....

crazy little pharmy ambien is

Does Ambien have a nasty aftertaste like Imovane does? I used to be able to do 20-30mg of Imovane and put up with the tasta. Last time i had 7.5mg and threw up and even smoked some weed after to help me out and i still kept on dry heaving!!! yea it was that bad and if u know the taste you can immagine my pain. Does Ambien have the same aftertaste because i know imovane and ambien are very simmilar if not the same chemical.

Good report... makes me curious to experiment with my Ambien in a higher dose. I've only taken 15 mg at most. Do you think 30 mg would do the trick, or do you think it would just make me pass out?

raoulduke said:
Does Ambien have a nasty aftertaste like Imovane does? I used to be able to do 20-30mg of Imovane and put up with the tasta. Last time i had 7.5mg and threw up and even smoked some weed after to help me out and i still kept on dry heaving!!! yea it was that bad and if u know the taste you can immagine my pain. Does Ambien have the same aftertaste because i know imovane and ambien are very simmilar if not the same chemical.

They're two totally different drugs (chemically), not saying they may or not belong to the same family, but I haven't had any personal aftertaste from ambien.

All i had was being pulled over at 3 am fer swervin round. Kept making fun of the cops trying to pull out his mustache cos it was too redneck:D

Well I did go to court for that stupid mistake, but hell ambiens fun if u lock yer doors and toss the rest of the bottle where u cant find it, or it'll be empty next morning!

fer real

sounds like sleep deprivation to me.. i've tried ambien on several occasions, and it is does not seem very "psychedelic" at all to me..

do you honestly think it's fair to inexperienced readers to compare 50mg ambien (which in my opinion isn't any different than 20mg), to a 5 gram mushroom trip?! the two are so different.. ambien just sends you straight to those sleep deprivation hallucinations.. although i do know what you mean by the 3-D affect of the TV. whenever i fall asleep watching something on Ambien, it's like you're in and out of the show as long as you can still hear it

digital_phreedom said:
sounds like sleep deprivation to me.. i've tried ambien on several occasions, and it is does not seem very "psychedelic" at all to me..

do you honestly think it's fair to inexperienced readers to compare 50mg ambien (which in my opinion isn't any different than 20mg), to a 5 gram mushroom trip?! the two are so different.. ambien just sends you straight to those sleep deprivation hallucinations.. although i do know what you mean by the 3-D affect of the TV. whenever i fall asleep watching something on Ambien, it's like you're in and out of the show as long as you can still hear it
Some of the visuals just seemed extremely similar to those I've experienced with mushrooms... It's COMPLETELY different from shrooms though.

I have to admit, I'm still torn about Ambien, it piques my interest, but I doubt I'll touch it any time soon still....

Just cos it gives u visual I wouldn't call it psychedelic. You can get visuals from knocking yer head with a baseball bat too.

It gives me hella visuals, but no mental psychedelic effects.

I have been taking ambien for about a year now for recreational use. I usually take 3 5mg pills and they get me in a stage where i can not read or function properly, but i have never hallucinated. How much do you think it would take for 130lb. person to have a sort of "Trip".

P.S. The only thing i dont like about these, is the effect on my memory. I can never remember anything at all that happened once they enter my system. Even if i get the recomended 8 hours of sleep

The_Jarrod said:
I have been taking ambien for about a year now for recreational use. I usually take 3 5mg pills and they get me in a stage where i can not read or function properly, but i have never hallucinated. How much do you think it would take for 130lb. person to have a sort of "Trip".

P.S. The only thing i dont like about these, is the effect on my memory. I can never remember anything at all that happened once they enter my system. Even if i get the recomended 8 hours of sleep
I took 65mg a few days ago and talked in irc about how I made a rollercoaster and it was going to the ogre kingdom or something. (I only remember bits and peices of it). Just work your way up to a dose that is both fun and interesting.

I'm keen for more Ambien discussion at the moment, anyone got unspoken anecdotes?

*bump*

i ate 40mg and drank a few liters of beer the other night, and i was ridiculously fucked up. couldn't walk, stand, move about in any conventional way.

or drive that well either, unless that was just part of the crazy hallucinations i was having.....

you remember everything like a dream in the morning, so i suggest video taping it if you decide to do a lot.

So Imovane and Ambien are two separeate and different chemicals? Imovane is the one i have experience with a lot. The blue 7.5mg ones if anyone know what im talking about. Same effects as mentioned above, highest i've gone was about 20-30mg and on the 30mg(always do it with a buddy to rememeber/not pass out), we ened up taking my dog out for a walk (a beagle 3-4 month old puppy:Dso cute:D) at 2:00am or 2:30am for a 'walk in the park' in the summer a few years ago this was. We got to the park smoked a few ciggaretes there and all the trees looked like gigantic people, no like soliders, like armies of soldiers on ALL SIDES and approaching some of them too. As i turned around to this other tree close by i seen an ape EXACTLY but more realistic like in the Ninc Inch Nails video 'Closer' and with my buddy started running for home and my Skipp as well:D. Before home we stopped off at the gas station 3 minutes away from the building i lived in to get some candy, we do it, and as we leave the store i see my dad's car and my dad in it, going to work!!!!!! As i approach my building my mom's standing in front of it looking at us, i told her we took the dog for a walk to the gas station LOL. That was prob the wildest i've had on imovane. But other trips consitsted of seeing jelly fish creatures esp fish :d come out from the walls at me, swirl, like you said certain things, see the floor float like a magic carpet and you see worlds and miraculous things in it, or see people building towns and such until they built a big kingdom of Ambien people on my carpet(on one or 2 occasions from high dose imovane), But HOWEVER i absolutley cannot take it no more due to it's EXTREME AFTERTASTE THE WHOLE DAY AFTER. Please answer me one question, does Ambien produce the same effects as Imovane dose but without the aftertaste.
And also please, people who have experience with both, please, please feel free to post ANY information on the differences between these drugs, Imovane and Ambien. I have an idea but not even close to the actuall difference in effects/physicall effects like aftertaste, etc. I'm reall curious, b/c even tough you don't have psychedelic thoughts like mushies(which may be a bonus since you can't have a bad trip usually) they have some wicked pshychedelic visuals that never EVER could compare to the bumboclat rasclot effect you get from gravol/dramamine trips. But not like mushrooms neither, in the sense of mental phsychedelicness, but the visuals are hardcore esp in higher doses. I watctched on only 15mg the spinning wheel that makes things wavy and breat out like acid for a few seconds but i started my whole trip and my eyes were glued that close to the screen and everytime i'd get to the white parts i'd see in the white parts beautiful waterfalls, and farmer's fields, like from a helicopter and i was watching basically a plateau of fields and beautifull other naturuall things. It's really an intersting drug when you have enough experience on your hands. The way i did it successfully was only tripping on Fridays or Saturdays on it. So once a week. Same trip effects everytime. Please, answer some of my questions tough, all my experiences have been from imovane and at that time i was chugging bottles of cough syrup with handfulls of gravols so i wasn't concerend about an aftertase but these days that's what prevents me from taking them. Last time i had 7.5mg with a bit of weed and went again on the magic carpet, but fucking the aftertaste made me throw up and to avoid i instantly went to sleep i felt so shitty after. That's why Imovane is meant for sleep mabye? But fuck...my main concern is the aftertaste of Ambien.

Imovane is generic Zopiclone. A cyclopyrrolone derivative, is a short-acting hypnotic agent. Zopiclone belongs to a novel chemical class which is structurally unrelated to existing hypnotics. However, the pharmacological profile of zopiclone is similar to that of the benzodiazepines. A side effect of this drug is deffinately the bitter aftertase, as well as vomiting. Ambien does not have an aftertaste.

YEah I think Ambien in high dosages basically sends you straight to sleep deprivation visuals that are more intense and realistic, almost to the point of being deleriant, unlike pseudo-hallucinations on mushrooms or LSD. To get the peak effect of an ambien trip, I would reccomend taking them at a time when haven't slept in a long time, or, if you're a tweaker, have been up a night or two. Take 40-50 mg and enjoy. Its trip is distinct, for sure. Just make sure you have a little bit of amphetamines or some speed so you won't fall asleep. BUt not too much with the stimulants, otherwide they'll overpower the zolpidem.

regardless of the bitter taste Imovane has, I'd recommend it for anyone who needs to sleep.