• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

possible to get high while on methadone?

x0r

Bluelighter
i've been on methadone for 3 months now and am at a comfortable dose for maintenance of 65 mg. my question is how much oxy would i need to get a good buzz like i used to before the methadone? i've just been having the urge lately to get a nice rush just once more :) i tried 100mg at once using 20 percs.. not a great idea due to the acetaminophen.. i wont try again unless i get some oc 80's so theres no added shite thats gonna destroy my innards. but can anyone give me a range of what i might be looking at for a dose? and will i even get the same kind of buzz as i used to? the 100mg taken all at once gave me nothing, not even the slightest buzz, and i also waited about 13 hours after my daily dose of meth at noon, until 1:30 in the 'night' (early morning i guess) so i dunno. seems totally pointless to try, but apperently and as i've read on here, i can get a buzz, its just a matter of using enough to get it. i dont wanna eat like a handful either though and die obviously.
i also just got my first carry for the first time for being clean (guess they dont check for ecstacy and mushies lol) so i might not even bother. but just incase i do, i'm wondering how to go about it.
injecting is a possibility as well as using morphine, heroin, dilaudid, etc. instead of oxy.. but, oral oxycodone based product is my fisrt and preferable way of doing it by far

There have been a number of good threads on this subject, do a search...

And yes, you can get high on methadone, i am on 150mg of methadone (down from 240, then 180mg) and at night i bang my half-gram of pretty good tar heroin, and i get nice and high, enough to nod. Methadone simply gives you a strong tolerance itself and other opiates/opioids, and it has such a firm grip on your receptors it can make it hard to get high, which is why people mistakenly say it "blocks" other narcotics. But if you dose high enough on your desired compound, enough to compete with the methadone, then you can get high. Its best to try to get high when your the furthest from your last dose (i.e i take my 150mg in the morning, so at night its easier to get high on the heroin)........

65mg is a relatively low dose, and if you dose high enough on what you want to get high on, you shouldnt have much trouble getting high.

But you really should have searched BEFORE posting this thread, as again there are threads on this exact topics.....

First, NEVER take 20 Percocets again without doing a CWE. That's AT LEAST 6.5 grams APAP (if they had 325 mg each) or 10 grams (if they had 500 mg each). 10 grams could definitely be fatal for some people.

If 100 mg oxy orally didn't get you off, I'd personally recommend about 1.5 times that insufflated. Get 2 OC 80s, sniff 1, wait 15 minutes, sniff the other (or half the other) if needed.

Also, when you try to get high again, try to get your methadone dose switched to early, say 8 AM. Then if you dosed at midnight, it'd be 16 hours...pretty far apart. You're best bet is try to an administration method other than oral, i.e. sniff or IV. For the sake of harm reduction, I'd say not to IV and start with low doses and be careful when using higher doses.

Please dont take 150mg methadone either unless you have a strong opiate tolerance like Im sure mr negrogesic has. I would personally recommend starting at around 10-20mg for a mild moderate opiate tolerance. I took 10mg the first time with a moderate opiate tolerance and it was plenty enough. Start low 10-20mg and work up find a dose for you. 150mg would be stupid and way too much for a newbie, not saying you are one just making a point. take care of yourself.

i definitely know better than to take that much apap, that was just stupid and careless, and as i said i wont be doing it that way again.
i had read several posts about this and pretty much all the info i already knew was from your posts negro. thanks alot. i just wanted to double check. mainly i was looking for a dose range which would be most likely to work based on the fact of 65mg methadone being a set manitenance dose for me. soo i suppose it works.. if you were at 150mg meth and 500mg heroin worked well, then me being at 65, splitting the 500mg heroin in half and taking a little away puts me at about 210. thats what i was figuring anyways since my last perc experiment.
when i went to start the meth maintnance program they started me at 20mg.. worked up to 60.. and just this last week i went up 5 more. 65 is still on the lower end of things but it works for me, which is alls i need :) i dont see myself needing anymore than that from here on in, but we'll see. saved my life for sure though, i'll tell ya that
so anyways. 2 80's snorted, perhaps 3.. whats an extra 30-40 mgs anywhoo right
some little elves tell stories of morphine sulfate syrup, 250ml bottles, 1mg/ml.. might taste good poured over some pancakes :)
negro: youve also said sometimes you've doubled up your meth dose to get a good buzz.. i think doubled was what you had said. i get a decent feeling from 65mg with mild drowziness, not a bad type drowziness, but not terribly enjoyable either lol not that i intend to try it, but i cant even image what 130 would feel like, let alone being even close to a state that would be considered awake or conscious lol ..like does the effects just change completely when you reach a dose level thats beyond anything that would even be considered for use as a maintenace dose. and then even beyond that is where od is possible. i just totally cant grasp the idea of having an enjoyable buzz by doubling up a normal dose. probably has a simple explanation. would you mind explaining it for me, in depth and detail even..perhaps? it'd be greatly appreciated.
thanks again all, for the replies and info and concern

Negros right...

Actually 65 is awful close to the "blocking" dose of 70 mgs.Over 50 it is more difficult.As for myself,over 35 mgs. I never feel any opiates.If you are seeking an effect from an unrelated compound like cocaine,do not worry because methadone only effects opiates/opioids.

Flawed logic...

Do not base your calculations on what effects somebody else because effects are subjective.If you do a bag of dope,and the next man does a bag of dope,its a sure bet that the two of you will not receive the same exact effect.

As to your question about doubling up:All you do is get more of a nod.In fact,it is somewhat of a waste in that you just get plain tired and fall asleep [above a certain dosage] unless of course you die...which is why you should not even think about it until you have been on methadone long enough to answer your own questions.

I regularly take 360 mgs safely [my normal daily dose is 190] but that would probably kill you and a couple of your friends so do not figure out whats good for you from somebody elses experience.

obviously i'm not gonna relat your usage amount to what i think i should use. after my last experience i was thinking in the range of 200mg anyway.. i guess its just coincidence in that the numbers turned out to prove what i thought in the first place right, as far as what i was gonna try anyway... no matter though..
that would definitely be flawed logic to base my dose solely on someone elses dose cause since it worked for them it will work for me lol i know what your sayin though, but i simply wasnt soleley basing it on his dosage numbers. i dont come across as sounding that unintelligent do i? :/
as for the meth double dosing, i was just asking out of curiosity. just in knowing how i feel off my dose(not thats its bad) i cant undersatand it being enjoyable doubled up. if it makes ya feel better i honestly have no intentions of ever actually trying it, so no worries :)
thanks for your input. personally, it really did feel as though it was hopeless to even bother trying for a buzz as long as i'm on methadone. just a gut feeling that no matter how much i take its not gonna have any effect or any desired effects anyway.

so are you and negro divided in your thinking when it comes to this topic? as to whether or not theres a dose of meth that actualy does block any and all opiate efects no matter how much is taken or if its just a matter of taking enough of whichever chosen opiate to overcome the meth tolerance

Well...

Negro and I both speak [in this case] from subjective experience.He does say that he takes enough heroin to beat the block but I have never found it to be the case.From my personal experience it seems that people still do heroin [while taking methadone] because of the "ritual."Let me say that from a scientific standpoint Negros claim makes sense,I have never seen actual results though.