• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Can you smoke MDMA?

Freebasing MDMA turns it into a thick oily liquid which is not smokable. Not all freebases are smokable.
I wouldn't have replied to this thread normally cause it was started by that troll, BUT, are you sure of this Alpha? I would have thought you would have lost quite a bit to decomposition, but I still would have thought you'd get quite a lot.

BP

I've seen data for the boiling point of MDMA, and after the value in'C, it didn't have (dec) in brackets afterwards (this means decomposition at boiling point), so in theory, it should be possible to vapourize MDMA freebase.

The practicalities of it are something different though!

im not sure if this is true or just a myth but i have heard that mdma, when smoked, produces a much stronger effect than when taken orally

Well I suspect when you heard it, in large part it was a myth, because MDMA is found as a salt, and is largly unsmokeable.

Though I wonder about smoking its freebase form.

Yes, and you answered it inncompletely, and largely innacurately.

^^ no, he asked if that was one of the possible methods(which i was not aware of). I did however bluntly answer the first part of his question...
lol...now i sound all bitchy :p

Smoking MDMA

Guys, guys, guys...

Have any of you heard of MDMA carbonate? Most MDMA is MDMA.HCl. If the freebase is acidified with carbonic acid (there are a few techniques that only require carbon dioxide or "dry ice", no carbonic acid required) instead of the HCl salt, then the carbonate salt of the freebase is formed.

This is why "crystal meth" is smokable, while other forms of meth aren't.
Speed = MA.HCl, crystal meth = MA.Carbonate.

The carbonate makes it much more heat resistant, so a much higher percentage doesn't decompose when vaporised by heat/flame.

Personally, I've never heard of anyone using or selling MDMA.Carbonate - I guess because there isn't too much of a market for it. It seems perfectly workable, I just don't know how heat resistant it would be, since MDMA is a slightly more fragile molecule than methamphetamine.
By the way, MDMA carbonate/or sulphate, phosphate, etc still react just the same in the body. Carbonate form is just as psychoactive as the HCl form.

Another point...

Also, there seems to be some confusion between boiling point/vaporisation/and gasification.

Just because a substance has been vaporised, it doesn't necessarily mean that it was heated to it's boiling point.
Any freebase that has been vaporised is in the form of suspended oily droplets, not vapour. This is obvious since the vapour will only exist (and quickly decompose) at well over 200 degrees celcium, hell even under strong vacuum it's nearly 200 C!
Noone can inhale anything at that temperature!
It can be carried into the vapour phase by other, more volatile components.
i.e if it were mixed with say, alcohol or water, and then vaporised then the vapour (or quickly cooled vapour) would contain alot of the freebase.

You just don't want it combusting with air at any temperature, that will destroy it.
It seems to me at least, that it should be possible to vaporise it with water, then the cooled steam could be quickly inhaled. So basicall you would be inhaling a suspension of water and oil droplets.

the health effects of ANY free base on the lungs and nasal membranes is another issue....I've seen what the stuff does to razor blades, on lungs - that's frightening...

It makes me ashamed to admit this, but the stuff in that above post is stuff I never quite understood.

Sure, "crack"/freebase cocaine, is the freebase...
But Crystal meth isn't the freebase...

So you're saying it's the carbonate? Not just pure chloride salts? Because I've also read that crystal can be Meth-HCl, mixed with NaCO3, and so you evolve Meth and CO2 when you heat it...

I've also read that crystal is Meth freebase, mixed with NaCO3, and some how that helps it crystalize...

...And I'm too much of a dumb shit to figure out which of these makes sense (although the Meth-HCl + NaCO3 makes sense).

Last edited:
OK- I've actually done this. I put a chunk of powdered pink J into my trusty little meth pipe and went for it. It DEFINITELY did something, a very neausating roll-ish effect that lasted no more than 20 seconds. its not worth your time

I find banging MDMA to be a highly enjoyable experience, although I find it's more productive to do it in other ways. IE: IV route I get more "fucked up" whereas other routes I am more likely to have really cool conversations, beautiful experiences, etc.

Smoking any kind of pill Is just plain retarded. I wouldnt suggest smoking E yuck

I'm pretty sure 'crystal' is simply high-purity meth•HCl (or sulfate). I've never heard of such a thing as meth•CO3, and am unsure as to whether or not such a thing could exist. In the case of a deprotonated carbonic acid (carbonate) you can have stable solids (such as baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)), but in the case of an amine salt the carbonic acid still has it's proton, which I would think would allow it to spontaneously dehydrate (breaking down to carbon dioxide and water) as you removed water from the solution. As far as I know it isn't practically possible to isolate carbonic acid in pure form, only as an aqueous solution in equilibrium with carbon dioxide.

At any rate, I'm very confident that MDMA freebase could be effectively smoked, although I'm not aware of any reports of somebody doing so. The process should be strait-forward (dissolve some MDMA powder or crushed pills in water, make the solution strongly alkaline with lye (sodium hydroxide), extract the solution with a non-polar solvent, then evaporate the extraction solvent to yield the MDMA freebase.)

i have smoked a crushed up tab on some weed. it fucked up 4 of us pretty good, so from my personal experiences, yes it has worked for us!

TheDEA.org said:
I'm pretty sure 'crystal' is simply high-purity meth•HCl (or sulfate). I've never heard of such a thing as meth•CO3, and am unsure as to whether or not such a thing could exist. In the case of a deprotonated carbonic acid (carbonate) you can have stable solids (such as baking soda (sodium bicarbonate)), but in the case of an amine salt the carbonic acid still has it's proton, which I would think would allow it to spontaneously dehydrate (breaking down to carbon dioxide and water) as you removed water from the solution. As far as I know it isn't practically possible to isolate carbonic acid in pure form, only as an aqueous solution in equilibrium with carbon dioxide.

At any rate, I'm very confident that MDMA freebase could be effectively smoked, although I'm not aware of any reports of somebody doing so. The process should be strait-forward (dissolve some MDMA powder or crushed pills in water, make the solution strongly alkaline with lye (sodium hydroxide), extract the solution with a non-polar solvent, then evaporate the extraction solvent to yield the MDMA freebase.)

Would 30% lye to 70% water be good enough? And any idea how much product loss can be expected?

J

Last edited: