What great band have you just discovered?

^ I actually downloaded 151a on a whim from a share thread a couple weeks ago but haven't even gotten around to unzipping it yet
So I'm guessing it's worth a listen?

Here are some albums I still need to make time for

2jbp3tj.jpg

Purity Ring out of Toronto. Fineshrine is an epic song. Sick beats with beautiful melodies and vocals.

They'll be in Seattle September 5th : )

I checked them out and found out they are playing near me in Oct. The album is pretty decent. Amazing production on the vocals.

^ I actually downloaded 151a on a whim from a share thread a couple weeks ago but haven't even gotten around to unzipping it yet
So I'm guessing it's worth a listen?

Here are some albums I still need to make time for

2jbp3tj.jpg

That Mezzanine is real dope. Surprised you haven't listened to it yet, it's a trip-hop classic.

yeah mezzanine is an absolute classic. aside from teardrop, which is still a good song but a bit too sugary for my taste, the album is flawless. portishead and tricky also made some really, really good albums, but mezzanine beats them all.

yeah mezzanine is an absolute classic. aside from teardrop, which is still a good song but a bit too sugary for my taste, the album is flawless. portishead and tricky also made some really, really good albums, but mezzanine beats them all.

Nice to see you outside of the Words forum. ;)

If you liked Mezzanine, check out Earthling.

Geschlectsorgan.

god, inertia creeps is a perfect song if there ever was one. earthling is a bit too hip hop for me though.
also, since elizabeth fraser provided vocals for two songs on mezzanine, did you ever check out cocteau twins' head over heels? it contains when mama was moth, a song whose beauty i could never accurately describe in words.
edit: also the line 'sunburst and snowblind' i've considered more than once stealing for the novel i may or may nor write

edit2: it's spelled geschlechtsorgan, cunt.

Last edited:
did you listen to the cocteau twins song? i absolutely love it, so ethereal and beautiful. if you didn't listen to it i'm gonna cut of your nuts, shove 'em in your mouth and sew it shut. so listen to the fucking song ;)

^ especially head over heels. not a single bad song on that album. and elisabeth frazer is such an incredible vocalist.

I checked out Purity Ring too, they're pretty awesome
Especially the home made electronic drum machine thing the dude plays on

These two songs are pretty kewl by THEESatisfaction, also the lovely Nubian queens remind me of Kenickie

Just discovered Bleached. Yeah, it is more of that indie garage punk that's been knocking around since Les Sexareenos, but it's a tried and true formula. Catchy as all get out.

I feel shitty that I only discovered Phoenix in the past year or so...their album Wolfgang Amadeus Phoenix is amazing, and i've since gotten a couple of their older albums and they are ALL good. I've introduced so many of my friends to them that i've had people tell me like three months later "dude you've got to hear this album!" and i'll have to remind them that i was the one that showed them the awesomeness that is Phoenix in the first place.

^ I enjoy their music. But I've never been able to get over how much the lead singer sounds like Kevin Barnes from of Montreal.

^ I enjoy their music. But I've never been able to get over how much the lead singer

I recently found out he's married to Francis Ford Coppola's daughter, Sofia. Small world?

After I heard Kashiwa Daisuke for about thirty seconds, I knew the song I was listening would become one of my all-time favorites:

Kashiwa Daisuke - Stella

I'd describe it as an Asian-flavored GY!BE that uses electronic samples. In reality, there's no way to describe it. 'Beautiful' could work, though.

This is me throughout the entire song:

BkdE8.gif