Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Want info - Benefits/dangers of snow cones

Synaesthesia

Bluelighter
And yes I did search
smile.gif
Is there another term for the process?
I had my first decent snow cones on the w/e and loved it so much, I've made it my ingestion method of choice. Now we were snowing some fine tablets and it was great great great, but with those pills, any way you take em would rock.
Point is, I reckon the high is higher for shorter, but what damage am I doing to myself over and above the usual?

What sort of quantity did you do? I can just see myself busting wwway too much and floating into some flightpath...
smile.gif

[This message has been edited by yossarian.lives (edited 29 May 2000).]

Synth, I'm also interested in snow cones as one of my friends said 'I put .25 of a point (1/40th of a gram i spose) of speed in a cone a cone of chopped choof, and afterwards was bouncing off the walls'. His favourite method of ingestion is also smoking speed now.
I've never heard of smoking ecstasy, and I assume you were doing speed, except when you started talking about pills? Were they speed sold as 'ecstasy' or ecstasy as in MDMA?
Could you please give us some more information? I'm interested! Ta.

smoking MDMA powder is preferable to crushed pills as you arent dealing with all the binders and crap.. i agree that it does give you a fantastic short term high, but it is quite short lasting so you would always get more milage out of capsuling it... but if you've got it to spare
smile.gif

smoking snowcones is a similar experience but i foind that the high lasts a long time and has an astonishing synergistic effect with the dope. try and avoid what i did last time i snowconed... i was klumsy and i dropped almost the whole baggy of meth in the cone, and being trashed thought "oh well, might as well smoke it".... kAZZAAAMM
i couldnt move or talk much but i was still suprisingly lucid... others friends who were tripping and watching kept thinking i was passing out but i'd freak them out by saying one thing every 15 minutes that was right on topic and very funny...
anyway enuf of my crap stories, on to the real topic, is there health concerns? after a short amount of digging i havent found much so far, there isnt a great deal of literature on it. there is plenty on the freebasing of cocaine etc but naturally these deal more with the intense addiciton that can happen more than with any side effects of the process of smoking itself.
i think this is really the major area of concern, particularly with smoking speed or meth. any form of ingestion that is quick and intense can lead to addicition faster than a slower, less intense method. ie injecting will get you into problems faster than snorting... but all this is relative and meth and speed should never be taken lightly, they are terrible monkeys to have on your back.
when i find out more i'l post it...
------------------
"i think i'll stick to drugs to get me thru the long, dark night of late-capitalism..."
Irvine Welsh

I have always been under the impression that MDMA was destroyed when smoked....?
I spoke to a cook who told me that if you mix it with baking soda then put it in the oven it will make little mdma with a stable base and you could smoke it but it didn't work otherwise.......have i been wrong all this time
smile.gif

Oh no... MDMA gets you FUCKED when you smoke it... oh yes. I tried it not too long ago when Beenqueen (top chick you are *sigh* I have a crush
wink.gif
)gave apples and a lesson sitting in apples' car in the middle of Centennial Park. ANYWAY,
hmm... smoking it. Yep. Fucked. I got reeeeeaally fucked (it was a cK) for about ooooohhh.. 10 minutes? 15 maybe? Then it was gone.. OK, so I'd had a pure cap and a cK already, so I probably wasn't really in a state to judge, buuuuut... we split half a pill between three of us, so yeah..
Same thing, next day. Another pill later, at apples house this time, 3/4 of a pill between three, but not mixed with pot... umm.. yeah so I suppose these aren;t really snow cones then aye? Hmm..oops. I've fucked up. We're talking about cones?? I was just talking about smoking it straight..
hmm..never smoked pills and cones, BUT have had the odd speed snowcone. I like it. Yeah... I really like it. Two of my fave drugs rolled into one
smile.gif
Umm..yeah, but THEY TASTE GROSS!!! and they HURT.
That's why it's a very rare thing that I do them.
I can't imagine they'd be too good for your lungs. I'm nt worried about the addiction thing. because we ALL know 've got that under control
wink.gif
BUT from personal experience, what hurts, usually isn't too good for ya.
Also, can anyone shed any light on this matter? Pillcat SWEARS to god that snow cones (using regular speed) don't work. Something about the vapour disappearing before you can suck it all in... anyone?
Can anyone actually tell me the process of what happens when you smoke it? I sure as hell know it works.. just want to know how so I an call he up and say NER!
blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. what a babble!!!
I've been stuck in front of a computer all day editing and it's SO COLD HERE IT SNOWED!!!! It's been SNOWING! And my uni decides that half the cmapus heating will be down..so yeah, gone a bit stir crazy i'm afraid..ummmm..
that's all.
scuse typos. too lazy to edit
smile.gif

Yeah I was talking pills
smile.gif

I tried it with a funky yellow one that left me shhhlightly K'ed - I have that on another post... Ummm... got back from the club and mixed an import mitsi with about a 2 ciggie mix. Phwaaarrr... that was so good, we broke a cap into a similar mix and kept going hard. Nice powder... One thing to say - Don't make any plans. The high lasted until I crashed some hours later, but then there was a fish and a bit over a rolex in the equation from the night before also. Hey, I like to mix and match
wink.gif
The cK I snowed on Sunday was kool, but I had no green left, so I concur with the ganja-E synergy staement.
So if you want to see what the drug REALLY does, then I'd say, that's as good a look as you'll get without mainlining or taking 20 of the buggers. If you want to have active, social fun with your friends, then don't bother. (Or maybe stack tiny little cones
smile.gif
)
And another thing... It tastes GREAT with choof. Had an aftertaste that reminded me of vanilla for some reason, not that I eat the shit. It'll kill you I reckon. And no, I wasn't smoking dried vanilla essence
smile.gif
Can anyone back up the taste comment?
[This message has been edited by Synaesthesia (edited 29 May 2000).]

yeah I've always known very firmly and strongly that speed does not like heat. If I see someone boil it up on a spoon, I'll tell them how to hit up speed so they know for their second time trying.
I'm too edgy and grumpy to talk about speed nicely. Sorry, haven't had any since.... easterish.
But yeah I'm guessing it evaporates and you suck down the evaporations with the cone. Or..... under the intense heat of a lighter flame it combusts, and same thing.
Say this like you know what you're on about and anyone will believe you like it's fact. See a ******* post for an example
heehee

I'm getting the impression that i can smoke say a quarter of a pill and get loved up for a couple of hours then come down? What is the actual duration for a small amount like this?
Btw i know many people that have cones with dexies and they swear by it, it's worked for me once but it wasn't anything special,,just felt normal but was dumb
smile.gif

Acid, smoking cones with Dexies would be very similiar to smoking cones with speed / MDMA... Once your towards the end of the effects of the drug, and you have a bong, your the stupidist shit on the planet. hehehe, its great, I love it and all my friends love it, most people love it (except those die hard MJ sucks people).
Ok, so we have 2 posts saying smoking speed doesn't work, and a few saying it does. Anyone else like to chuck in their opinion? I'll give it a whirl some time soon and tell you all what I think...
As for smoking MDMA, don't think i'll waste my cash for the time being. Was lucky enough to get .2g for $60 the other day, and after how nice it was, wouldn't dream on having it in snow cones!
JB, good point on the point about addiction and snorting/injecting, never thought of that before, but it sounds very logical.
adios amigos.

Mmm, wizz buckets. One whole point in one bucket later, and your throat will feel like you've swallowed hot acid. PAIN!
I find snowcones (wizz) almost give you a coked up wasted. You can smoke and smoke and smoke to the point where you would normally be unable to move, let alone speak, but because the wizz keeps you going you are fine. So you get to this point where you're walking around looking normal (not speeding too hard because the weed has brought you down) but you've got absolutely NO FUCKING IDEA about what is going on around you. Scattered as a mother fucker. Nice.

BUCKETS!?!?!?!?! I my god, I never even considered buckets!!! *evil
smile.gif
* Ahhhh... once a stoner always a stoner. Might try it sometime. Had a few discussions, one thing that came up was brought up while we were going hard. E-Cones (man we sooooo need a name for this procedure - BIKKIE-BONGS!!!) esp powder cones are a great way of coming down...well, it takes you all sorts of places first, sure but once the snoozes start.... I slept about 15 hours afterwards. For that quantity and that time awake, I would normally get maybe 6-8 and feel like shit afterwards. This time I woke up feeling straighter than in years, hence the cK on the Sunday
wink.gif

[This message has been edited by Synaesthesia (edited 30 May 2000).]

Yup would agree with all of Syn's stuff. I was there and corrobrate it all!!!!
Accept I found that I didn't sleep that well afterwards!
Especially after the cones with the powder. I found myself just sitting there thinking..... OK there is a party to go to.....I think.....but I just couldn't be arsed!!!.........really want to but....etc, etc.
I was a lucid dummy!!! Honestly could not move. But the weekend was a first for the MDMA for me so you never know!!!
But yeah there was no yucky comedown, until well into the next day, so had a 1/2 pill to cheer me up. That 1/2 pill got me sooo back on track, ore than it should have done....but I'm boring myself now.
In essence, agree with Syn baby, bikkies work in bongs!!!
And syn, don't even think about the buckets you evil mofo!!!!

we're a bunch of drug fucked losers. look at the posts above and tell me if you disagree.

AAHH! Buckets *memories*
For 9 years of my life I rarely smoked joints or bongs just nothing but hard core buckets, opium buckets, speed buckets ,rohypnol buckets,hash buckets.
We worshiped our bucket, even had written down a very feasalbe religion based on bucket worship.
Bow before the bucket
Suddenly 3 years ago I had one of those horrible moments of sensability that unfortunately come with age, and because I was starting to get worried what was happening my lungs after such long intensive bucket abuse I commited a blasphormous act and rejected my God!
Life was hard at first but patient friends taught me the long neglected art of joint rolling and they even get me stoned again! and now the feeling has returned to my throut I can actually feel a bong going down.
But unfortunately this post has brought back long forgotten urges and I find myself mentaly ticking of a list of common household items we have present: 2 Litre milk container, bluetack ,cone, BUCKET......
I must try to be strong!!!!!!!!!!
oooppss sorry I'm soooo off topic
------------------
flip
[This message has been edited by flip (edited 30 May 2000).]

If you're going to smoke MDMA then the only way to do it is by chasing the dragon - Do it through a bong and you waste too much.
Here's how to do it...
1- Fold a piece of foil (about the size of a cd cover) into a 90 degree angle.
2- Sprinkle the MDMA into the groove.
3- Hold a lighter under the foil.
4- Suck up the smoke with a rolled up 'cone' of paper.
5- Feel your face go numb and tingly.
6- Lose the plot for a while!
7- Go back for more...

OK, this will be slightly OT, but since you mention the foil thing... does anyone have any info about absorbing aluminium from the foil into your system this way? Does the heat from the lighter cause any Al to enter your lungs this way?
The reason I ask is that some years ago now I read a post somewhere else about someone who made a bong that used an aluminium foil filter of some sort, and a coupld of authoritative replies advised against this due to uptake of Al possibly leading to alzheimers (or was it parkinsons... I don't remember - maybe I have it already...) of some kind.
BigTrancer
smile.gif

eep, I'm so ignorant...
could anyone tell me what dexies are?
and are snowcones just lou and no dope?
would also be interested in the whole aluminium thing. god knows I've smoked from many a shitty home made bong (not mine! I swear! :p) with an aluminium cone... shit, it's kinda worrying when you think about what you're doing to your lungs, even with bongs. but you gotta love the sound and feeling of ripping a cone... eeeeee! it's classic.
ok, I'll shut up.

in order for aluminium to change its chemical state in any way, it would have to get a lot hotter than a lighter would make it. aluminium has a very high melting temperture so you are not going to get poisoning in any way