• S E X
    L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

What are the telltale signs of a repressed homosexual?

Ive got a pretty good gaydar....maybe its because i have so many good friends who happen to be GHEY and i just immediately pick up on the slightest nuance or impression , when i first meet someone who might possibly be gay. Plus im a major fag hag . Take note, i dont purposely look for clues or whatever when i meet new people (doh!! as if) but there have been several instances wherein a lightbulb flashed in my head and this would be proven correct later on, without me having to inquire about it at all.
Its actually really hard to pinpoint ALL the possible gestures and impressions that could indicate somebody is homosexual....i have 100% straight male friends who happen to be the gayest straights you will ever meet (and i actualy love that in a man...when hes so secure with his sexuality he doesnt give a rats ass that he may be giving off "homosexual signals" or whatever to people...and these kinds of men are usually very friendly to my gay friends as well, and are also effeminate in a way. (yes, insert *puke* metrosexual here...thats the closest possible term i can lay on it)...
But then again i have gay friends who loook even straighter than my straight friends. ITs hard to generalize and make conclusions.....so my take is, each person is unique and different and so there.(im getting a headache grr...lol)
ONE Thing tho i noticed that is consistent...is that my male friends who were OVERTLY homophobic, didnt ALL turn out to be ghey, but some of the most defiant ones were surprisingly those who were.
So in conclusion, unless the person in front of u happens to be acting gayer than a cross-dressing french poodle , you can just NEVER BE TOTALLY SURE

8( %)

They definitely ARE stereotypes and you can't take them all that seriously...but like most stereotypes they are based on bits of truth. If you have a number of different signs then maybe you might start to wonder...

I've also known a represssed heterosexual so it goes both ways!

I work with the whole spectrum of Gay guys.

I work with feminie guys who call each other girl and "little bitch", and i work with huge thug guys who in no possible way look gay but are. Either way, they are ALL cool as hell, and i like hanging out with them.

Actually, i spent saturday night at Connections (gay bar) in Louisville with all eight of them, no females with us, and i was the only straight guy. Needless to say, i had a great time. Probably because they dont ever feel the need for me to pay them for drugs, but even if it weren't for that, i would still have a fun time.

It was kind of funny, i distinctly remember spending a much larger amount of time getting ready, making sure i smlled good, and picking out the best outfit i could find to go out with them, then i would if i was going out with my friends.

I have also found too that males who are unessesarily homophobic always seem to be the oens coming out of the closet when they leave high school and what not.

One of ym buddies gotr a compliment from my gay friend and he took it really offensively. Not too his face, but after we left he was all worked up about. I was like "dude, they all let me know they thought i was hot, and it didnt bother me."

fairnymph said:
They definitely ARE stereotypes and you can't take them all that seriously...but like most stereotypes they are based on bits of truth. If you have a number of different signs then maybe you might start to wonder...

I've also known a represssed heterosexual so it goes both ways!

That was my exact point. Maybe I wasn't expressing myself clearly. Sorry :)

how in the hell could any straight guy not get turned on by two chicks making out?!?! Even if you have some sort if religious/moral dilemma, deep down inside u know its hot!

well that pretty much means every Italian is one.

duh!

Dan1584(2) said:
I was just about to say the same thing...great, attractive, and potentially genius minds think alike ;)

God I wish u would come and live here in Australia..........you know u want to.................lol.

hmmm..........I wonder if that is the sign of a repressed whatever Im sposed to be.

ll vapid ll said:
metrosexual anyone? :)

I don't understand this. Why are there different classifications for gender's, based on behavior. The behaviors aren't exclusive in any classication. It's just more broad type generalisation, and stereotyping.

Sorry, it's a paradigm that doesn't make sense to me. People are individuals, and no behavior is exclusive to anyone group.

<soapbox>

the #1 telltale sign of a repressed homosexual:

Having sex with a member of the same sex!

we are all fucking repressed. can you walk down the street with your significant other without the worry of being yelled at or spit on? do people denounce your relationships as telltale signs of the moral degredation of the world? can you get married?

</soapbox>

okay okay, i suppose that is opressed, but you know...

looking for stereotypical signs...honestly it is too hard to say. there is such a wide variety of gay men out there that the general public essesntially ignores, only willing to accept only the faggy stereotype.

before coming out i didn't know this and thought i had to fit into this gay stereotype. you probably never would have had a clue i have the ghey if you saw me walking down the street. get to know me a bit better and you'll know, but i can't count the number of times i've been asked at a gay club/bar "are you gay?"

there are no hard and fast rules. period.

Sweet baby jesus....is it just me or is bluelight becoming more and more fucked up as time goes on? 8(

Here are the signs of a repressed homosexual: having sex with men and not women and then pretending to be straight. That's basically it.

Anything else is bullshit. I have a number of straight male friends who'd be picked as gay before I would. Because they're more polite than me, because their every second word isn't fuck or cunt, because they're infinitely more well-groomed, because they're more effeminate or they make more of an effort to look like they should be in a magazine than I do, because frankly, they're better looking than I am. But guess what? They're still straight.

Ultimately, how someone interacts with the world isn't THAT great an indication of their sexuality. Apparently that comes as a surprise to a lot of people, but it's still true.

Jesus.... 8(

I'm forever falling in infatuation with gay guys. *sigh* I can't tell. I have no gadar whatsover.

me, flirtily: "So, why don't you have a girlfriend?" ;)

"Well..."

Interesting responses. I ask because I was once accused of being a respessed homosexual on several occasions by several people who didn't know each other, when I expressed a really strong and embittered frustration over something that didn't meet my idealistic visions. This didn't make me happy to hear, but it rang a bell in the back of my mind that said, "yeah, I could see why a straight guy would say that." Couldn't put a finger on exactly why, but it made sense at some primal level.

I later encountered a very strange man who did the same thing. He showed an enormous (undeserved, IMHO) amount of frustration and passion over a restaurant not making a dish according to his rather inflexible idea of how it should be. It made him so mad he wanted to punch the chef, and he dwelt on it for the rest of dinner. My g/f, who has much better gaydar than me, had suspected he was gay and was jonesin for me. After this incident, she said she was CERTAIN he was gay and didn't admit it to himself.

I think many people see something inherently less than straight in a man being fiercely idealistic and getting deeply upset when his ideals aren't manifested in the real world. I think this is because idealism has nothing to do with -- and in fact often works against -- the getting of pussy, which is the macho man's mission in life. Therefore, by this logic, any man who can get deeply frustrated about something that doesn't involve pussy at all must not be completely batting for the same team.

Does this ring true with anyone here?

I later encountered a very strange man who did the same thing. He showed an enormous (undeserved, IMHO) amount of frustration and passion over a restaurant not making a dish according to his rather inflexible idea of how it should be. It made him so mad he wanted to punch the chef, and he dwelt on it for the rest of dinner.

hah i would love to see that... some dude trying to take on a team of guys charged to the balls with adrenaline wearing steel capped boots and wielding extremely large, sharp knives.

anyway back to the suject, i think raz put it perfectly. gay means having sex with/bing attracted to men !!!

i wish people would wake the fuck up and realise this, ive lost count of the number of people who think im gay when they first meet me. and why? because im not a macho man wanker. goddamn it im a girly man not a gay man LOL. just cos i have.. ahem.. fine features doesnt mean that im attracted to men. in fact i find the idea quite disgusting. (no offence to you guys!!!! but thats just how i feel eh) oh yeah and i like to scream ARGH in a in high pitched voice when i hurt myself heheh

i think most typical beer-guzzling pub-brawlin guys see anyone who is comfortable with themselves as possibly gay. honestly i think that half of them are repressed homos. they put on such a "straight as fuck mate" front that i wonder what theyre trying to hide ;) as someone else said... the ones who would totally try and convince you that they NEVER had any thoughts about sleeping with the same sex.

i mean... who knows what goes on in those group showers in the footy change rooms!!!! alot of perving ill bet. those guys cant seem to get enough of jumping allover each other and slapping their teammates asses....

^Hee. I've always wondered that about team sports. I'm surprised TV stations don't mind showing the congratulatory ass-slapping but get their thongs in a twist about one (not so) little nipple. Maybe TV executives are repressing their gheyish instincts themselves. ;)

This has prob already been said, but i cant be bothered reading them all.

Just pretty much acting as a girl when ur a dude and vice versa.
Some lesbians are feminine, some gay guys are boyish. But most act as if they are the opposite sex.

MyDoorsAreOpen said:
Interesting responses. I ask because I was once accused of being a respessed homosexual on several occasions by several people who didn't know each other, when I expressed a really strong and embittered frustration over something that didn't meet my idealistic visions. This didn't make me happy to hear, but it rang a bell in the back of my mind that said, "yeah, I could see why a straight guy would say that." Couldn't put a finger on exactly why, but it made sense at some primal level.

ditto

mydoorsareopen, did you make this post because you were afraid that you were being accused gay and that you had to change your behaviours so that you didnt get accused of being gay again???