• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

dilaudid dosage (no tolerance)

Chemethist said:
i agree, eyeballing the dose is dangerous... hell what i did was dangerous, i took pure hydromorphone powder... started with a matchhead amount... that wasnt enough for me so then i tried 2 matchheads worth, and so on till i got my amount.. but that was really stupid and wouldnt recommend it, cuz if u have 0 tolerance u could easily OD

Thanks for the heads up. Any idea around what dose it would get dangerous? I have barely any opiate tolerance.

I dont understand your question...

if you mean what dose would be dangerous for you, read above. no tolerance = start with 2mg and work up from there at that interval . The dose that is dangerous for you depends on your body chemistry, generally id say dont go past 4-8mg (**but 8 MIGHT be way too much for YOU**). I should also note i am assuming your MOA = intranasal.

If you mean what dose is dangerous to eyeball? ... its more the idea that you dont have a tolerance. I could see eyeballing 20-25mg (1/5-1/4 of a bag) but when you are working with single digit mg's, dont eyeball. I am very much guessing here but id say a matchhead size is 25mg+ (just as a reference dont fucking break a matchhead size into 3 pills and think you have a pills worth)?

be fucking careful bro,

-Spaz-

I always say bro, assuming your a dude, if you're a bro-ette, i apologize. -Spaz-

I think if you are not going to IV you should plug it. This is coming from an IV user who has never plugged though.

That is the 2nd best ROA, maybe 3rd if IM/SC injection is better. Too lazy to look.

id say a matchheads worth would be anywhere from 5-10mg. Should be safe for a normal opiate user. maybe half of that for a non tolerant person.

LOOK----To answer the original question, DO NOT TAKE IT ORALLY!!! If you want to experience the opioid feeling(everyone should), then at the very least SNORT very small lines(as previously suggested) and only do 4mg at once, if you feel good and high...stop there. If not, take to more 2mg's up the nose.

Diluadid is some of the finest pharm. dope out there (certainly not the strongest, I know) and if you have the cojones, inject 2mg into your vein of choice. The difference is like night and day between injecting and snorting.

Good luck Hombre.

Edit- 2mg as a starting shot for a opiod naive "patient" is the safe way to go.

Oral Dilaudid Sucks

The only 'real' way to do Dilaudid is IV. I've been doing it for quite a while and I usually do about 12-16mg at a time. Snorting 4mg should be fine. My fairly opiate-naive pal did that and loved it. I don't want to endorse IV drug use, but imho, the oral bioavailability of Dilaudid is crappy. If you are choosing between eating and snorting, snort away my friend.

I didn't read all the responses, but I would suggest against the half and half insufflation approach. I have a tolerance but for some reason when I snort 4 mg at a time I feel like I have to throw up, and without a tolerance you might. I would do it in 2mg intervals. Just something to keep in mind.

And as I'm sure everyone has said...don't eat them. It's a complete waste. I don't shoot anything, but insufflation is still very nice.

With hydromorphone intranasal > oral. You get about a 20% bio-availability increase. I'd say start with as low as 2-4mg and wait at least 20 minutes before doing more. Of course IV hydromorphone has a great rush, but if you're not an IV user, don't listen to people who tell you that oral administration is the ONLY way you will get anything out of hydromorphone. This whole attitude goes against harm reduction. I'm not trying to deny that IVing hydromorphone has a distinct rush, but I don't think any of us should recommend that someone IV a pill who isn't an IV user to begin with. You still absorb about 50% of the pill if you snort it, that's far from a complete waste in my opinion.