• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

dilaudid dosage (no tolerance)

Bishop

Bluelighter
What would be an effective but safe oral dosage of dilaudid (hydromorphone) for someone with absolutely zero opiate tolerance?
I basically want to get a good vibe for the opiate feel - the euphoria and all. I have an 8mg pill of dilaudid. Would consuming one of these orally give me a good feel for it? Alternately, what if I were to crush it up into two 4mg lines and snort one, and take the other a few hours later? Would this be more effective, and if so - would there be any risk of OD if I've no tolerance.

The extent of my experience with opiates is pretty meagre, a couple codeine prescriptions back in the day and a shot or two of morphine in the hospital over the years.

Basically, I want to get a good feeling for the opiate euphoria, without having to worry about risk of any severe nausea, incapacitation or overdose. I'm not sure if I should be worried at all given that it's only an 8mg pill... but i also understand that dilaudid is by mass several times more potent than morphine. Any feedback would be appreciated.

Also, would combining the 8mg dilaudid (bearing in mind that I have no tolerance) with a 10mg valium (also no tolerance) be at all dangerously sedating?

You dont have to worry about OD'ing off of 8mg of dilaudid, unless you were IVing it. The worst thing that could probably happen is that you'll get sick off it. I suggest doing your idea of snorting half and then the other, that way if you didn't get what you were looking for out of the first line then you can always snort the other. Also, doing it like this puts you at least risk of getting sick.

Dangerously sedating combining the valium? No, but chances are you'll end up falling asleep with all those CNS depressants in you. Valium can be great to enhance an opiate high used at the right dosage and not enough to put you out.

Let me stress that I'm speaking out of personal experience and in the end if your unsure or hesitant about putting any drugs in your body, don't do it... better safe then sorry.

2 mg of dila booted was such a fucking rush and it lasted like for hours... only time ive injected anything and i had a low opiate tolerance..wish i could find those again

I have an oc tolerance, but dilaudid is totally different. My first time was 4 mg injected.. The only way I can really describe it.. A warm sensation went all through my body, then it constantly felt like something was pushing on me, like being vacum packed.. If you know what I mean.. That was my first time.

When I had no opioid tolerance, I greatly enjoyed insufflating (snorting) 2mg of dilaudid (1/4 of an 8mg pill). It got me high in a "warm fluffy clouds" sort of way for a couple of hours (4?), including me cleaning my house at 5am.

I personally love hydromorphone. Sure the high isn't the geatest/longest, but the rush is unbelievable. This is when it's IV'd of course. For a opiate novice, I'd say 1-2mg IV would be sufficient. Eating them is a waste. I've never snorted em, but I can't imagine it being anywhere as good as an IV shot.

I like shooting 8-12mg. Such a russsssshh.

You will be disappointed orally. IV is the only way with these I'm afraid. If you're not into that then I would go for Oxy's. Much better orally.

I find hydromorphone to be quite tame, even snorting up to 28mg on mild tolerance. I never did get to try it IV though.

^ Thats why you find it tame. There really is no other way to take Dilaudid other than IV. There is just no comparison.

Plus, snorting hydromorphone is really quite a waste. There is only 2, 4 or 8mg of the good stuff (hydromorphone), and the rest of the pill (I'm not sure on the exact weight of the pill) is fillers and binders that will clog up your nose. I'd guess theres at least 325mg of crap you dont want. Thats just a shitty ratio, and not pleasent on your nose...

It's almost like snorting Vicodin or something...

i just recently asked the same question that you did. i've got a scrip for the 4mg pills and the best way for me is to snort 1 1/2 pills=6mg. you might wanna start out at 3mg and see how that works before u snort the other half. the worst side effect if u snort too much prematurely is nausea.

orally, you'd be wasting them and if don't already IV, which i don't either, i wouldn't recommend starting.

snorting them is what i recommend from person experience. the high usually lasts for a few hours and is great.

good luck and be safe!

How about pure hydromorphone powder? Would that be a waste to snort? I'm really not going to IV the stuff.

well actually i have a moderate oxy and morphine tolerance . i snorted about 4 mgs of dilaudid and it was not too damn bad it was not a waste and lasted for about 3 hrs . over my oxy which usually last about 2 .

IV i havnt had the time or the privacy to accomplish . i need to be in a sterile environment when i do it . too much cat hair in my room floatin around. and still trying to shake first time injection jitters

having pure hydromorphone and a huge tolerance, it usually takes me 20-25mg to get a good IV rush.

But thats with a pretty big tolerance.

With hydromorphone, oral MOA is horrible. If you have no tolerance (which you don't) sniffing 2-4mg of the Dilaudid tablet should give you the buzz you're looking for.

I'm not going to advocate shooting pills, so please don't comment after me saying that "Shooting hydromorphone is the only way to go! Everything else is useless!" because I know this, but someone without a tolerance can still get a high from sniffing these pills. Orally, yes, even with no tolerance you won't get much out of it. But intranasal consumption will benefit the OP and get high nice and high.

Enjoy

vicodelicious said:
Plus, snorting hydromorphone is really quite a waste. There is only 2, 4 or 8mg of the good stuff (hydromorphone), and the rest of the pill (I'm not sure on the exact weight of the pill) is fillers and binders that will clog up your nose. I'd guess theres at least 325mg of crap you dont want. Thats just a shitty ratio, and not pleasent on your nose...

It's almost like snorting Vicodin or something...

Have you ever seen a dilaudid pill? They are extremely small. Nowhere near 325mg worth of fillers.

remeber if you have pure hydromorphone powder, it is very hard to weigh it out for proper dosage without an expensive scale. single digit mg's are really hard to weigh out and i wouldn't recommend it. I deffinitly highly advise AGAINST eyeballing a dose. be careful, dont get addicted, read up and buy a 400$ scale. peace, -Spaz-

i agree, eyeballing the dose is dangerous... hell what i did was dangerous, i took pure hydromorphone powder... started with a matchhead amount... that wasnt enough for me so then i tried 2 matchheads worth, and so on till i got my amount.. but that was really stupid and wouldnt recommend it, cuz if u have 0 tolerance u could easily OD

pure hydromorphone powder! Ive never heard of anyone having that, pure benzo powder, sure, but hydromorphone, damn.

you are one very very lucky person.

And insufflated DOES indeed work with your standard tablets, keep the lines very very small because if you catch a drip its pretty much wasted. I break a single 4 mg tablet into about 15 20 lines. no shit. like match head size and do one every minute or so.

edit* oh yes, the I weighed one out as well, it weighed out to .07, so 66:4 ratio, not great, but not hydrocodone bad..it will work. of course IV is loads better but than your pretty much only going to get a FANTASTIC rush followed by a meager high.