• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heart Beat on Coke

^ To the above post, you claim a coke comedown as hardly noticable? Either you are extremely lucky..or you are very new to the drug. Im not sure if this is correct..but I think that coke crashes get worse as the more times you use. Maybe thats just some stupid rumor I heard...can anyone shed light on this issue? All i know is that no time is a time to comedown from coke!

I can sympathize, for I am experiencing the horrible beating heart..coming down off a 2 day binge...damn this coke!! damn it to hell... I used to not get such a fast bpm..but maybe i just never noticed it like someone pointed out. 8(

Last edited:
my heart beat only is a lot higher when i come down for some reason. maybe i don't realize it when im high, but who knows. i cant do coke without benzos or opiates now...

Erm... Dependence03:- I have experienced comedowns from Meth, I have experienced comedowns from MDMA. I have experienced many-a-hangover from Alcohol too. No, I'm not one of those "lucky" people that are immune to comedowns.

But, when I use Coke, it's half-a-gram, to a gram in one night. I don't sit-up for 2 days, or more on end snorting lines of the shit, because I do know for a FACT, that if I were to do this... I would feel like shit, probably due to the fact I have been malnourished for such a long time, have been "hyper-excited", for days on-end, and... not to mention, neglecting my sleeping patterns.

I don't use Coke regularly, I do it whenever the *PERFECT* moment arises (once in a "blue-moon"). I enjoy myself too much on coke to want to experience the nasties of it's usage. I don't want to jeapordise this... so I keep it's usage down to as minimal as possible. Sounds logical to me.

Remember, while drugs aren't "good for you", there are possible safety measures for some, to ensure maximum benefit of the substance.

Actually, in-fact:- I find when I use coke in small amounts, when it begins to wear-off... my eyes feel heavy/droopy, I feel extremely "peaceful" and I sleep like a baby. Then, the next day, wake-up feeling like a million bucks. I notice this in-particular with coke usage for me.

Play your cards right... and if you're considered a healthy "individual", it is possible to not come across any negative experiences with Coke.

to to last huge number of above posts:

I have had coke with meth or amphet mixed into many times ( my friends and I always knew instantly because it's not hard to tell. its like if someone ordered coffee no sugar and got a coffee with sugar and took a sip , it is not hard to tell once you plowed a lot of PURE snow, agreed > ? but why are people on this thread all skipping over the pot thing ,?? in fact coke with speed in it doesnt make MY heart race till it runs out ( that's benzo time of course ) but POT and coke make it race , Jungle Bob why not try coke w/o the pot and with a benzo on hand for the comedown unless UNLESS you are of a certain age ( in fact I stopped coke last year when i turned 40 ) If you are in your 50's it may be time to drop stimulants alltogether and stick with good friends, good food, and a beer !!

All i can say that my heart also pounds harder and beats MUCH faster after an i.v. injection, probably both two times then normal. Thats one of the main reasons i stoped the ultimative flash drug. I will probably snort it some time in the future again, but then i can also flush it through the toillet with that little effects. I also sometimes get pain in my chest espessially during the comedowns....

stillbeing said:
to to last huge number of above posts:

> ? but why are people on this thread all skipping over the pot thing ,?? in fact coke with speed in it doesnt make MY heart race till it runs out ( that's benzo time of course ) but POT and coke make it race , Jungle Bob why not try coke w/o the pot and with a benzo on hand for the comedown....................../B]

Well said! I am 39 and have been doing cocaine since it was good (pre-1990) and can say without a doubt that cocaine mixed with pot will make you feel like your heart is jumping out of your freakin' chest!

Put the pot down and pick up a Valium. Not a Zanax, but a Valium. Any experienced user will tell you that cocaine with a Valium nightcap is the most beneficial way to enjoy your cocaine experience.

In addition, periodically using small amounts of Valium while on a cocaine binge is also beneficial.

PUT DOWN THE POT AND PICK UP A VALIUM!

if your heart is racing really fast its probably because of an active up... like LE already said... try his method of purification... it works rather well... yo also will see how your shit is.. if you purify a gram and come outwith .5 ... its time to find another dealer... i dont smoke pot.. so i dont know about that

Im not trying to say your procedure doesn't work. You're reportoire is USSR.... and bust the cold war! it's a stick up.

Ronald said:
Im not trying to say your procedure doesn't work. You're reportoire is USSR.... and bust the cold war! it's a stick up.

I know it works. And it ain't that old school either............

I use cold acetone vs. room temp. Much, much better. I also found the A/B method to be to tedious and time consuming with to little margin for error......................eg. to little acid (wasted product), to much acid (ouch, that burns!) etc.

;)

Last edited:
OK guys, thanks for the advice. I guess it was premature of me to argue the toss when the general vote of opinion is by far weighted toward the acetone purification method.

Deformed_Neuron said:
But, from 75 BPM to 120BPM is a pretty rapid and worrisome heartbeat to say the least.

I don't really smoke weed but after hearing what the others said I would bet the weed and coke combination is the cause. I once smoked a bunch of weed while comming of a 4 day speed run and the effects were unpleasant to say the least.

Also, I don't really think that a heart rate of 75-120 bmp is that high when on stimulants. I'm not trying to dick size here but I've frequently had a heartbeat in excess of 130 bpm when railing some fat lines of glass. I typically have a heart rate near 200bmp when exercising, so I don't think that is gonna hurt him.

AdOgG0911 said:
I've frequently had a heartbeat in excess of 130 bpm when railing some fat lines of glass. I typically have a heart rate near 200bmp when exercising, so I don't think that is gonna hurt him. [/B]

An artificially raised heartbeat vs. one brought on by excercise are entirely different. Though 130 bpm is not that bad for a stimulant.

My guess is that of which has been discussed here the most and that is the pot issue. Everytime I get suckered into taking a few hits of weed during a cocaine run, I'm miserable. I don't even like weed!

Go figure.
:\

Weed is just a drug I use to help me withdraw from the crazyness of society. On a date with caine, messing with weed is gonna get my mind overloaded with thoughts devolving around paranoia, im gonna feel spun out and waiting for the whole thing to be over. Does that sound like a way to enjoy urself?

Re: Cocaine cardiac toxicity

fastandbulbous said:
Cocaine is a lot more dangerous for your heart than other stimulants because of it's local anaesthetic activity. Ever noticed on programs like ER, that if someone has a heart attack they sometimes use lidocaine?

Thats because the local anaesthetic effects alter the way that heart muscles co-ordinate how they contract (almost like pressing a "reset" button if the heart goes into ventricular fibrillation). The reset effect also happens if the heart is working perfectly ok, sometimes knocking it into abnormal rhythms. Combine that with the effects cocaine has on dopamine/noradrenaline systems, and you're as good as asking your heart to fuck up.

If you check figures for cocaine related deaths/ermergency admissions, you'll find that quite a high percentage are due to cardiac complications, especially if you compare with other stimulants such as methamphetamine/amphetamine. Also, long term heavy use of coke will make you more likely to die from heart related problems.

The adnormal heart rhythms etc. would make sense, why cocaine is much more dangerous. at least it seems to be.

I am a heavy amphetamine user, never any problems with my heart rate etc.
even when i first started doing it, sure its bpm is probably double..but not noticeable in a bad way.

When i do cocaine, its like my heart goes into overdrive....fast to the point i actually start to think its adnormal - it makes the heart work so hard, even laying down.
skips beats, shocking pains etc. I have only experienced this with cocaine.

Now, from my dad and up in the family history....everyone has the heart disease "AFIB"
Which kinda goes with the way the above quote explains? maybe.
I probably have it, but never got checked. All i know, is amphetamines never work my heart or cause massive adnormal beats and skips/feelings like coke does.

So, yeah. If some of you say these reactions aren't normal for cocaine use.
Then the best thing to do is stop using it immeditatly. (guess i should think about taking that advice myself).

-As a side note.
When the cocaine is cut to much, or is a really shitty/low quality cut.
The symptoms DO double, so very possible that hardly anything i have seen is pure enough to be considered safe/easier on heart ;p

Same could go for original poster, happening only past 6 months

Last edited:
Re: Re: Cocaine cardiac toxicity

-As a side note.
When the cocaine is cut to much, or is a really shitty/low quality cut.
The symptoms DO double, so very possible that hardly anything i have seen is pure enough to be considered safe/easier on heart ;p

Try washing your cocaine with cold acetone before suffilation. It'll clean most, if not all, of the cut out.

:)

The more you stress about your heart beating too fast, the more it makes your heart beat faster.

Take deep breaths and relax and you should be totally fine!

~Pixie :)

Take deep breaths

Not if you have an underlying heart condition (such as atrial fibrillation). In that case, deep breaths will do fuck all to help (as will washing out cuts etc. etc.). In those cases it's the cocaine causing the abnormal physiological response, and the only way to stop it is to stop taking cocaine. Doing anything else is basically trying to find excuses to continue taking the drug, but hey, it's your life, your decisions and ultimately your responsibility.

^...oh yeah...I was kinda diagnosed with AF since I was 6, namely 'cardiac arrhythmia'. It's pretty strange but Coke and meth doesnt trigger my AF, only coffee does. But it could be different for you. Most common forms of arrhthmia are non life threatining though.

~Pixie :)

Age related

^...oh yeah...I was kinda diagnosed with AF since I was 6, namely 'cardiac arrhythmia'. It's pretty strange but Coke and meth doesnt trigger my AF, only coffee does.

At the moment. As you get older, the effects of lifesryle start to make you more susceptable to pathological processes (esp. the heart, due to the industrial western lifestyle) so although it may be only caffeine that causes it at the minute, as you get older, other things will (it's due to the fact that humans, as little as 20,000 years ago, had an average life expectancy of 35-40 years - in evoulutionary terms, once past optimum breeding age, we are dispensable, so don't repair faults as well as we once did when we were younger).

PS. This is just being picky (feel free to deride this bit), but when coke starts with an uppercase c (as in Coke), doesn't that refer to Coca-Cola, which is full of caffeine?! - Amphetamine also makes you (me) pedantic