• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heart Beat on Coke

Coca-cola is not that much caffeine but it is drinking the coffee that does it. I know this because when I went to sleep tonight I had a 'cardiac arrhythmia' and woke up suddenly. It is like the heart beat goes sort of flat so the body has to pump more adrenaline into the heart to normalize it back to what it should be. But this is an addition to the prozac I took earlier on today. I also very very rarely drink coffee in the evenings and had some coca cola today and a coffee in the morning. This should really be in medical though. Although it is not actually life threatening in the classical sense, it does feel that way for a few seconds after it happens, hence the adrenaline.

Sorry for not bring more clear, I meant Coke as in 'Cocaine' - "Coke and meth doesnt trigger my AF" When mentioning Coke and meth together you can assume that was reffereing to Cocaine. ;)

Ironicly though, Coca-Cola IS in fact the soda which started my symptoms in the first place lol, and several years later I discovered that Coffee also triggerd it and made it worse! :( (I will miss my double shot mocca latte from Starbucks that I was beggining to fal in love with) *Cries a lil* :(

So I have been forced to avoid caffeine all together. Strangly though, as I mentioned, continuious exposure to Cocaine and Meth doesnt effect me at all..8)..go figure. :\

~Pixie :)

Wait... they dont have meth in the UK??!?! I feel sorry for yall...

Ok... now sorry for saying this, I will probably get the shit flamed out for this advice. But, as I said before... if your heart is going into "Over-drive" mode when using Cocaine, I can only advise to completely boycott it's usage.

...to be honest, I'm pretty surpised people are pretty "lax" about the whole situation. If MY heart was reaching speeds in-excess over... 120BPM, I'd say that maybe this drug is not for you. It's not the end of the world. You are aware, that once the heart hits about 120BPM range, it's pretty much considered "tachycardic-rate" whether you've been using drugs or not?

Look, maybe it is just the combination of Marijuana (I know I had a shitfull experience once combining weed and Meth)... but if this still happens, you're either doing TOO MUCH!! Or... you shouldn't be touching the shit.

Life's too precious to be so careless with it. It has too much to offer, no matter the state you're in. Don't throw it down the drain, just for the sake of "feeling good" for however long your coke lasts you.

Synapse999:- Sounds to me like you're just doing too much Coke (probably due to the fact it's high is short-lived and you're probably constantly re-dosing yourself).

I realise we're all different and all drugs affect different people in different ways. But, presumably speaking here... I'd say it would be because you're just having TOO MUCH Coke. I mean, have a few lines to get high (if you're going to, that is...), but of course constantly shoving crap up your nose, in-which is probably not even close to 80% pure anyways, will result in your body going "hay-wire" after a while.

Meth... at least in my experience, is alot more powerful a stimulant than Cocaine (although, they're both completely unique, in their special ways)... sounds to me either your coke is cut with really bad shit, or you just keep on snorting it until you run out.

Seriously, just keep on reminding yourself that you're using these drugs so you "Have a good time", not so you feel like shit. When you notice negative effects like these, I'd say it's time to put the straw down. But, I only say that because I hate of hearing stories about young people having strokes or heart-attacks.

Sorry for not bring more clear

No, my fault, when I wrote that, I was still wired from the amphetamine I'd taken earlier (makes redecorating less of a chore, esp painting)and was picking up on little things like that. At the time, I was amused by the connection. Just speed twisting my sense of humour out of shape.

As you might be able to tell, sometimes amphetamines cause me to spout prolific amounts of bullshit (thinking that it's funny, when it's not really).

PS. Deformed_Neuron has hit the nail on the head. If you're at all worried, and it's making you anxious, it's not worth continuing to take it; and it's def. not worth risking your health for.

Deformed_Neuron said:

Synapse999:- Sounds to me like you're just doing too much Coke (probably due to the fact it's high is short-lived and you're probably constantly re-dosing yourself).

Actually its the amphetamine i do to much of, tons of all day. which is fine,

but when i don't.
I occassionally do coke.
and it could be a single small line, that has the bad effects described from people. something i don't do to often...usually.

Its like working your heart a 1000times harder. intense irregular beats. it could be alot of pain, that no amount of amphetamine has ever came close to causing.
(Given the fact, i have sinintitus,polyps, and a deviated septum - list goes on. due to years of allergies , its not like icould possibly absorb much from coke as it is compare to most people)

Which lead me to believe cocaine must defiently effect this function of the body differently...and for me in probably a pretty harmful way, assuming people say this effect isnt normal.

If thats just what coke does, then its all good. But it would seem, someone with a heart condition is more prone to failure from the coke.

Synapse999 said:
Actually its the amphetamine i do to much of, tons of all day. which is fine,

but when i don't.
I occassionally do coke.
and it could be a single small line, that has the bad effects described from people. something i don't do to often...usually.

You are getting awful cocaine, nothing more!

Most of todays cocaine only leaves behind negative effects due to the decline in quality, not purity. Most people don't realize this.

A single line of quality cocaine actually slows the heart. After heavier use, the heartbeat will pick up mildly, but not to the point of anything noticable.

Quality cocaine died around the late 80's, opening the door for mass produced, low grade, speedy product.

Good quality cocaine exhibits these syptoms in all of its users:

1. very, very sexual
2. feeling of impowerment
3. no geekyness
4. sense of continual well being
5. intensely conversational
6. feeling great for days on end without a need for benzos or booze
7. feeling great even though you just lost your girlfriend, job and left arm all in the same day.

If your getting any other feelings like:

1. immediately geeked out
2. paranoia
3. lack of sexual desire
4. inablity to communicate
5. difficulty putting sentences together
6. introverted
7. wanting to stay in rather than going out
8. wishing you'd never taken that first line,

then your getting todays cocaine. Great quality cocaine is gone forever.

Cocaine didn't become so popular in the 60's, 70's and 80's by making you feel like crap!

One then another

Looking at the two lists of symptoms related to cocaine, the second list (8 symptoms) looks like the effects of getting too much fairly pure cocaine. The second list is very like what happens just before people begin to loose the plot due to excessive stimulant use; the first one describes the effects of putting a stimulant into a healthy body. In the past, I've had a couple of times when amphetamine just made me more schized out, with none of the usual effects.

It's more likely that if you're just getting features from the second set, it would be a good time to have a break from (insert drug of choice), until the brain has had a chance to recover

neither one of those lists of symptoms account for actually phsycial pain/chest/heart adbnormal heart rythms or extremely high bpm on low doses.

the negative tweaked out effects and such you describe of course are there.

Buts its the fact cocaine works the heart so much more extreme then a drug such as amphetamine. that seems to make it dangerous.
Not the negative psycholigical effects. and gittering and such.

If its awesome coke. i would assume its going to drive your heart rate high.
becaues its that pure.
if its shitty coke, then that is a reason why it could drive your body into dangerous levels.

I will try to learn of this extraction method, and see what comes of it at some point.
But as far as i see, it attacks your heart in the worse way...esp if you have a heart condition like afib.

Now im destined to find better and better shit, just to see if it produces less strain on the heart ;p

I dont see how the purity would actually have such an acute affect on you medically speaking. I just thought that over the years, all the shitty imputities would take their toll esp. on the mucous membranes. If ou are getting freaked out, it is your bodies way of telling you that it cant handle it anymore. The answer is to stop taking cocaine, it is not that the chemical formula for cocaine has changed in the last cupple of decades.

Dissolving septum

It's actually the cocaine that damages your nasal membranes, not the impurities (cocaine is a vasoconstricor).

Not if you have an underlying heart condition (such as atrial fibrillation). In that case, deep breaths will do fuck all to help (as will washing out cuts etc. etc.). In those cases it's the cocaine causing the abnormal physiological response, and the only way to stop it is to stop taking cocaine. Doing anything else is basically trying to find excuses to continue taking the drug, but hey, it's your life, your decisions and ultimately your responsibility.

probably not deep breathing, but if one focuses on breath alone whether it's shallow or whatever, it certainly takes away energy from the high strung mind

anyway, I noticed this thread is five years old.. lots of good info w/ search