Bluelight

Thread: Heart Beat on Coke

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Heart Beat on Coke 
    Hi, bluelight.

Quick question, I've noticed that when I do coke recently my heart beat seems to pound much faster and harder than ever before. This has only started happening in the past 6 months or so. I use probably once a month max. Heart rate goes up to around 130-140bpm from my second line and stays there until about 2 hours after my last.

Usually do no more than 1g in a session with a few beers.

Resting heart rate is around 70bpm.

Any ideas what this could be?

By the way i'm new. :-) (and a little wasted)....

Any advice tonight would be great (see above) ;-)

2. Collapse Details

Well, coke is a stimulant, stimulants cause an increased heart beat. If your smoking weed along with coke it will raise it even more. You might not have noticed it before because you might not have been paying much attention to it. Everytime i've done coke (only 4 or 5 times?), i haven't been able to feel my heart beat at all... I'd put my hand against my chest and couldn't feel a thing. At first it kinda freaked me out, and then i just stopped caring after 2 minutes of it "not beating".

3. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    wait, cocaine accelerates your heartbeat? Your heart beat pounds faster and faster when you do a gram of coke by yourself? Hold on, let me check my literature. I will do a few PUBMED searches and talk to some drug veterans that I know. Don't you worry, we will get to the bottom of this problem mighty quickly!

-swybs

4. Collapse Details

I always did get the feeling when coming down but it's just strange how its started to happen all the time. I was thinking it could be something in the coke, the cut possibly ? The quality of coke I get at the minute (uk) is all over the place aswell.....

5. Collapse Details

I never used to notice it & when I've checked my heart rate in the past it never got above 110bpm. Just curoius that's all.

swybs

Please see -

"when I do coke recently my heart beat seems to pound much faster and harder than ever before"

6. Collapse Details

personal experience : when I stopped smoking pot my heart stopped racing on coke ( a few friends said same , , only one said pot did not speed up his coked heart . Try skipping the pot , and the beer although good for quashing panicky feelings makes coke use toxic ( can someone confirm this please ? ) and also , lastly I found that when doing coke w/friends and when in a good mood already before the COKE,
    my heart stayed very slow ( I am CONSTANT "heart-checker" , but when i did coke alone in a so-so mood heart raced after every damn line ( so..partly psychological right ?)

7. Collapse Details

Originally posted by stillbeing
    and the beer although good for quashing panicky feelings makes coke use toxic ( can someone confirm this please ? )
    Yes, it does pose a higher risk for death.

8. Collapse Details

cocaine + alcohol creates a different, more toxic (but also seemingly more fun) chemical in the liver. I can't remember the name of it right now, i'm sure someone else will come along and correct me though.

9. Collapse Details

cocaethylene

10. Collapse Details

thats the one, thanks deviate.

11. Collapse Details

Cool
    There's no COKE?
    You heard me you dumb fuck!, there's no COKE?

Of course you bpm will be affected by cocaine usage.
    I actually feel like I am in two places at once.
    Bells & whistles, sirens, choo-choo trains.
    Clammy hands and shivering body.
    But that is the pay off for high grade COKE.

12. Collapse Details
    Cocaine cardiac toxicity 
    Cocaine is a lot more dangerous for your heart than other stimulants because of it's local anaesthetic activity. Ever noticed on programs like ER, that if someone has a heart attack they sometimes use lidocaine?

Thats because the local anaesthetic effects alter the way that heart muscles co-ordinate how they contract (almost like pressing a "reset" button if the heart goes into ventricular fibrillation). The reset effect also happens if the heart is working perfectly ok, sometimes knocking it into abnormal rhythms. Combine that with the effects cocaine has on dopamine/noradrenaline systems, and you're as good as asking your heart to fuck up.

If you check figures for cocaine related deaths/ermergency admissions, you'll find that quite a high percentage are due to cardiac complications, especially if you compare with other stimulants such as methamphetamine/amphetamine. Also, long term heavy use of coke will make you more likely to die from heart related problems.

13. Collapse Details

This post has put me off taking anything ever again, please read the response I got above.

Think I'll stick with the wife/kids and a nice jobs thanks.

Good luck everyone....

Seriously, take a good look in the mirror, the future doesn't look good, does it ?

14. Collapse Details
    It's not all bad news 
    Jungle_Bob,

Not all recreational drugs carry that sort of risk. Small amounts of amphetamine are perfectly OK, as long as you don't go on binges involving staying awake for days on end (eg a small amount for a Sat night out), and except for the dangers of inhaling smoke, cannabis is incredibly benign.

It's just that coke encourages compulsive use, and large amounts are not good for your physical or mental health.

15. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Originally posted by Jungle_Bob
    This post has put me off taking anything ever again, please read the response I got above.

Think I'll stick with the wife/kids and a nice jobs thanks.

Good luck everyone....

Seriously, take a good look in the mirror, the future doesn't look good, does it ?

Dude, you have nothing to worry about if you are using coke as you say you are.

1g once a month or so isn't going to have any negative effects on you.

Just dont drink the beer with it.

If you are noticing a higher heartbeat than before, the coke you are currently using could have some meth in it.

I knew a dealer who would sometimes beef up his shit coke with a little bit of glass.

16. Collapse Details

^ Jungle_Bob mentioned he's in the UK so there won't be any meth in his coke.

There could possibley be some amphetamine in the coke as you said the quality is a bit all over the place. Another possibility is panic/anxiety feelings.

17. Collapse Details
    Maybe in the US 
    Meth might be used to "beef up" coke in the US, but (in most places) in the UK, methamphetamine is actually harder to obtain than cocaine (that said, it could have had plain old amphetamine sulphate added to it)

I see someone answered at the same time (at least you have had it confirmed by two people in UK)

18. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Lightbulb
    Jungle_Bob,

High quality cocaine will not raise your heartbeat to a point where it would even bother you. The cocaine your using (if it's even cocaine) is very likely cut with either another amphetamine or ephedrine or something else.

If you want to remove the cuts and return your cocaine to it's purist point, then simply wash it with acetone. You will find the high to be much more pleasant, sexual, conversational and utterly enjoyable.

It's a simple procedure. Ask me how if your interested.

The Chemist

19. Collapse Details
    It's still cocaine 
    Even if you do get to the point of having cocaine of pharmaceutical (98%+) quality, it's still not good for your heart (especially if you have a family history of heart problems), but yes, it's better than cocaine + other amphetamine type stimulant

20. Collapse Details

Ok, Jungle_Bob has already got a sensitivity to Cocaine (or it appears so...). It is true that Cocaine can sometimes be a very powerful stimulant, it will most definately increase one's heartbeat after usage, because well... basically that's just what stimulants do.

But, from 75 BPM to 120BPM is a pretty rapid and worrisome heartbeat to say the least.

Jungle_Bob, did you ever consider that you might actually even have an underlying heart condition. It is true that some drugs may un-veil how your physical shape ACTUALLY IS, before you were ready for it. You sound worried mate, go and speak to a doctor or two (...and don't forget to be honest, remember:- Doctor/Patient-confidentiality.)

While I admit that Cocaine is one of my most favourite drugs I have ever tried. I haven't had any problems with it YET and actually find it's come-down HARDLY noticable.
    But, that said... why advise the guy to keep on shoving that shit up his nose, when he clearly states he is having heart-troubles? Now, that's just asking for trouble, IMHO. Think before you consider giving out what could be very, potentially, fatal advice.

I agree with you Jungle_Bob, when you start getting bad results like this... after using particular drugs, it's time to re-consider the actual drugs recreational merit, over your physical/mental health, and just live it "on the low".
    Wife and kids sounds a safer bet to me too mate.

Get better.

21. Collapse Details

^ To the above post, you claim a coke comedown as hardly noticable? Either you are extremely lucky..or you are very new to the drug. Im not sure if this is correct..but I think that coke crashes get worse as the more times you use. Maybe thats just some stupid rumor I heard...can anyone shed light on this issue? All i know is that no time is a time to comedown from coke!

I can sympathize, for I am experiencing the horrible beating heart..coming down off a 2 day binge...damn this coke!! damn it to hell... I used to not get such a fast bpm..but maybe i just never noticed it like someone pointed out.
    Last edited by Dependence03; 26-09-2004 at 10:16.

22. Collapse Details

my heart beat only is a lot higher when i come down for some reason. maybe i don't realize it when im high, but who knows. i cant do coke without benzos or opiates now...

23. Collapse Details

Erm... Dependence03:- I have experienced comedowns from Meth, I have experienced comedowns from MDMA. I have experienced many-a-hangover from Alcohol too. No, I'm not one of those "lucky" people that are immune to comedowns.

But, when I use Coke, it's half-a-gram, to a gram in one night. I don't sit-up for 2 days, or more on end snorting lines of the shit, because I do know for a FACT, that if I were to do this... I would feel like shit, probably due to the fact I have been malnourished for such a long time, have been "hyper-excited", for days on-end, and... not to mention, neglecting my sleeping patterns.

I don't use Coke regularly, I do it whenever the *PERFECT* moment arises (once in a "blue-moon"). I enjoy myself too much on coke to want to experience the nasties of it's usage. I don't want to jeapordise this... so I keep it's usage down to as minimal as possible. Sounds logical to me.

Remember, while drugs aren't "good for you", there are possible safety measures for some, to ensure maximum benefit of the substance.

Actually, in-fact:- I find when I use coke in small amounts, when it begins to wear-off... my eyes feel heavy/droopy, I feel extremely "peaceful" and I sleep like a baby. Then, the next day, wake-up feeling like a million bucks. I notice this in-particular with coke usage for me.

Play your cards right... and if you're considered a healthy "individual", it is possible to not come across any negative experiences with Coke.

24. Collapse Details

to to last huge number of above posts:

I have had coke with meth or amphet mixed into many times ( my friends and I always knew instantly because it's not hard to tell. its like if someone ordered coffee no sugar and got a coffee with sugar and took a sip , it is not hard to tell once you plowed a lot of PURE snow, agreed > ? but why are people on this thread all skipping over the pot thing ,?? in fact coke with speed in it doesnt make MY heart race till it runs out ( that's benzo time of course ) but POT and coke make it race , Jungle Bob why not try coke w/o the pot and with a benzo on hand for the comedown unless UNLESS you are of a certain age ( in fact I stopped coke last year when i turned 40 ) If you are in your 50's it may be time to drop stimulants alltogether and stick with good friends, good food, and a beer !!

25. Collapse Details

All i can say that my heart also pounds harder and beats MUCH faster after an i.v. injection, probably both two times then normal. Thats one of the main reasons i stoped the ultimative flash drug. I will probably snort it some time in the future again, but then i can also flush it through the toillet with that little effects. I also sometimes get pain in my chest espessially during the comedowns....

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast