POST YOUR RECORDINGS HERE! (not just for amateurs - also for labels/websites!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool thread! I'll check out the above links when I get home from work.

Here's my , I'll submit to the chopping block. Any and all feedback is appreciated. :)

We don't have an official website up, yet, but there are samples (warning: website is excruciatingly slow). Pilot is my most current project. The Friday Combo thing was my old jazz quintet in college. I play drums in both groups. :)

Last edited:
Re: Amateur recordings post!

protovack said:
Here is something my band has been working on:

http://www.soundclick.com/util/DownloadSong.cfm?ID=1605956

I played drums (and tambourine!). My bandmate Travis played guitar and bass. It's a rough mix that we will re-record later with a real bass player, but it works to get ideas from. What we really need is a singer with good melodic sense :)

There are some interesting moments in your music. Song2 needs a melody of some sort to lead the listener thru the song...I realize these are works in progress though. The song with the acoustic intro is nice. The only thing I would warn against is that the songs at times sound a bit too polished...and I know that is a weird critique to make, but you might do well to throw in some rough edges to what yer trying to do. I like the drumming throughout. And the singing ain;t that bad on that cover. Reminds me of the Flaming Lips singer a bit. I think if you get that voice singing over those other songs, and maybe throw a bit more edginess and a bit more unconventional sounds/chord changes you will do perty good by these songs. The song "Applicable laws" is my favorite for all the reasons I listed above mostly. The slightly out of tune sound of the guitar actually makes it sound better to me. More human, and less like a band that makes music to hold on the phone to. And plus I enjoy the background noise in that (is it digital delay stuff?)

I'd be interested in hearing more stuff if you have it to show.

Finder said:
Cool thread! I'll check out the above links when I get home from work.

Here's my band, I'll submit to the chopping block. Any and all feedback is appreciated. :)

We don't have an official website up, yet, but there are samples (warning: website is excruciatingly slow). Pilot is my most current project. The Friday Combo thing was my old jazz quintet in college. I play drums in both groups. :)

For the life of me I can't get yer songs to play...got another way of sharing them? If not, I host some bands on my website and would be willing to put a few songs up there for you (for free!). If you are interested in doing this, so that we all can actually hear yer songs and give some feedback, then PM and we'll work it out.

asianfreek said:
this is my friends band. they are REALLY FUCKING GOOD, download or listen to "pay the price", it wont take very long.

http://www.pahardcore.com/bands/bands.cfm?id=10585

I liked that song! Reminds me of Beck/Pavement in a way. Some cool lofi stuff going on there. I like the singer's style of singing. And it has some really interesting/atypical sounds floating around in there. Very cool!

Now where's everybody elses feedback on everyone elses songs? Let's not be lazy here folks, this could be a very cool thing if we all put some effort in!!!

I haven't had a chance to listen to anything. I've been real busy with work and I'm going out of town tomorrow.

Catfish, if you right click and save as you should be able to download them, albeit slowly. I need to move these over to different webspace so it doesn't take a day and a half to download.

Finder, i like your band Pilot. i was really stoned when i listened to "Picture" and it got me noddin my head and groovin! :)

Moby my man...I like it alot except I wish the bass player didn't go slap happy in certain parts...sounds so much better sans the slaps. Otherwise I dig it. Reminds me of Phish.

it was brought to my attention you guys would like to keep this up at the top, so i'm gonna sticky it.

okay, my 8-track is currently in a buddy's basement..so i just recorded this directly on to my computer..8( the quality is absolutely atrocious (as is my drunken, incoherant voice)

http://jupiter.walagata.com/w/paraquatity/diddley.mp3

so yeah, i dont have a band and this is a diddy i came up w/ yesterday entitled "bo diddley"..
once i get my recorder and mini discs back i'll post some actually decent shit

Last edited:
My band (Rahu/Ketu) has a show coming up on 0ct 30th in Brooklyn NYC. It'll be our first show...here's a few of the songs we've been scurrying to finish up and have ready to play (hopefully). I'd really appreciate any feedback ya'll might have before then...so we can tweek this stuff up tight before the show. I appreciate all comments. Thanks!

Carnival song

Revisit This

Sunrise-Sunset (negative space)

Pizza Breakfast

Nature/Nurture

I'm not so concered with the actual sound of the recordings, as they are all just rehearsal recordings. I'd be very interested in hearing people's impressions however, if you have any. Thanks All!

Last edited:
CatfishRivers said:
My band (Rahu/Ketu) has a show coming up on 0ct 30th in Brooklyn NYC. It'll be our first show...here's a few of the songs we've been scurrying to finish up and have ready to play (hopefully). I'd really appreciate any feedback ya'll might have before then...so we can tweek this stuff up tight before the show. I appreciate all comments. Thanks!

I'm not so concered with the actual sound of the recordings, as they are all just rehearsal recordings. I'd be very interested in hearing people's impressions however, if you have any. Thanks All!

you seem very serious about your music (unfortunately, iam not about my own :\ ) and thats great, so i thought you deserved some feedback. your sound is cool, it has an interesting, somewhat-jazzy feel that i could imagine working well in movies or television if you polished it up a bit. but to be brutally honest with you...i get kind of bored listening to it. i mean, i like it and its definately a unique sound...just not my cup of tea. i dont mean to offend you..as musical taste is a very personal thing and all.

maybe iam over-estimating how serious of an approach you're taking here, but i'll go ahead and ask you a couple relevant questions. do you (or your band) write and play music more for the satisfaction of yourself(ves) or to attract and relate to listeners? collectively, what direction or feel does your band hope to achieve/accomplish?

good luck in brooklyn :)

Last edited:
Feedback for protovak

Song 2
Tight groove, but way too repeatative. Needs vocals, or more changes, too long. Very clean playing, however.

Master Bedroom - Breathing
Catchy, poppy tune. Vox need some work, obviously. This song may benefit from some more interesting bass lines. You guys are surprisingly tight.

Traffic and Weather
Nice Synchonicity II excerpt. ;) Again, tight, but the verses (for lack of a better term) in the songs go on for too long, IMO. Although you may be going for the eletronica flavored repeatitivness with a progressive rock feel to it, I don't know. Switching that up would shrink your songs some and make them more palatable.

From what I heard, you guys are definitely tight, and the criticisms are only meant to be constructive. You guys are obviously technically capable, just need to trim the fat, so to speak. :)

I'm going to get to everyone, but I wanted to try and say a bit more than "it's good" or "don't like it". Much appreciative of the feedback I got!

I'm going to get to everyone, but I wanted to try and say a bit more than "it's good" or "don't like it". Much appreciative of the feedback I got! [/B][/QUOTE]

^yeah sorry, im not so verbose in my critiques, finder. :p :D

Status
Not open for further replies.