POST YOUR RECORDINGS HERE! (not just for amateurs - also for labels/websites!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
That recording was a little too... um... "Lo-Fi" for me. But I read on your site you are about to start recording with a producer up for 6 Grammy awards?? That's pretty sick, I would definitely want to listen to that track again after it's been professionally recorded and produced.

Hey, is anyone using Ableton Live to record their music? I just got started using this program. Seems awesome so far, except I gotta figure out how to record more than one instrument at once...might have to purchase some sort of interface. Any tips?

http://www.soundclick.com/bands/6/normalheightsmusic.htm

"rought cuts" made in the year 2004. Never made anything that i would call professional. Mostly made on the spot, even the lyrics. bleh.

EDIT - soundclick.com has been randomly crashing the past few days. Sometimes my link works, and sometimes it doesnt. If the link doesnt work you can just go to the soundclick homepage and search for "Normal Heights"

EDIT#2 - The link should work now.

Last edited:
Why post yer music if you are gonna talk like that?

I listened to Even Steven Flow...made me feel like I was on DXM. Super bizzaro!

taken from my post that got closed:

first off I would like to introduce my band, The Spooks. we are a fast paced, alcohol fueld, sweaty, drug induced punk band from Columbus, Ohio. included below our two of our MP3z from our new 5 song demo. second, I hope this is not considered spam but if it is and this thread gets locked I am deeply sorry.

if you like what you hear you can e-mail me your contact from out website http://www.thenerdconspiracy.com/ (click on THE SPOOKS after that) and I can send you our full demo with a couple buttons.

finally we are rock n roll and based in Columbus, Ohio. our sound is pretty indigenous to the music of our area. I've heard we sound like a more punk version of The Hives/Jet (to put it in mainstream terms). if you hate this kinda music then don't even bother to flame this thread and tell me we suck and what not. it kinda takes a lot inside you to throw your bands MP3z on an internet website for open criticism. if we're that bad just save your breath.

ok here they are:

"CRIME" = http://spooks.thenerdconspiracy.com...0Punishment.mp3

"GET OUT OF MY HOUSE" = http://spooks.thenerdconspiracy.com...0My House.mp3

thanks tell me what you think

CatfishRivers said:
Why post yer music if you are gonna talk like that?

I listened to Even Steven Flow...made me feel like I was on DXM. Super bizzaro!

Hey, that's what i'm here for.

yeah Dex I never got to tell you I really digged your shit. really trippy and euphoric and perfect for my daily nodding out. even steven flow was extra dreamy. I wish we didn't live across the country from each other, we would have one helluva jam sesh with me providing the beats!

I havent even been able to post my nirvanaesque type shit. Since i pawned my digital recorder and my good amp and keyboard and everything pretty much. I'm currently using a small handheld "listen to the professor" type POS recorder. Everything i've recorded since jan have been some killer grunge and acoustic. I just got stuck back in really liking nirvana, so it's all guitar, drums and the nod.

thanks for reposting your links here guys :)

^yeah I'm sorry about that. I didn't mean to offend you if I did. I just didn't think it was spam, and I do not consider it an "amateur recording" because it was done professionally in a studio with a record label.

but whatever's clever :)

Eh, I hadn't noticed anything new had been posted in here. I'll check some shit out when I get home from work.

Oh, and Axl, put on a shirt for chrissakes. 8):p

haha. I know I know. the only excuse I can give is that I play really fast kinda music and sometimes with fast double bass and it gets hot behind that damn kit! I'm sure you know. I sweat like a mad man.

well check it out. tell me what you think. your opinion would mean a lot. :)

Dexter, I checked out four or five of your songs. Strangely enough, your singing voice is so similar to the former guitarist/singer in an old band I played in it's downright creepy! That sound, I dug the acoustic guitar stuff a lot more than the weird atmospheric material you had on there. Of course, that's just my general preference. I tend ot steer clear of the later sort of sound.

Axl, not bad, man. You kind of have this hi-fi Dead Kennedys thing going on. I love a good punk show, and I imagine you guys would deliver. From one drummer to another, I would work on smoothing out your grooves so they don't sound as choppy as well as your transitions from groove to fill and back. You do have that high energy feel that fits well with the band, however. I'm sure there's more, but I listened last night and can't remember what else I wanted to say.

[Edit for blatant self-promotion]

Alright, without further adieu I finally got around to swapping the old mp3s on my band's for new ones.

These are all rehearsal recordings captured in my apartment via a Shure KSM-44 Condensor microphone and SM58s for the vocals onto a minidisc 4-track and then dumped into my PC through Soundforge. The levels (read loosely; ie, the ratio between vocals and instruments) may be kind of hosed due to my sheer incompetance at this first try as well as our still getting a feel for the new mic. They did turn out pretty well overall, despite any lyric flubs, a few missed changes, and overall choppiness.

Feel free to have a listen and leave praise/hatemail/criticism/cookies/drugs at your leisure.

Last edited:
^Eh, you guys are alright. Holy mother that is some quality music there. What do you play Finder? You're allowed to have your band play in your apartment? Lucky.
Like a jazz, psychedelic rock, blues, old rock, swing, funk, i dont know what else kinda of wicked hybrid.

Very good stuff. Whoever the singer is, obivously has a great arsenal. I would pay to see you guys play...easily. I am amazed.

EDIT - "Heaven" is such a friggen good song. All those songs are really good. Heaven topped it for me though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.