• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

injecting alcohol

to answer negrogesic's question, why would anyone im mscontin? the answer in my case was ignorance. i didnt know what the bbb was, or about the dangers of banging pills. i just knew that it felt damn good. i was young, and at the time my life had not been enriched by the wisdom of bluelight. i was simply telling the story because the thread was about injecting alcohol. i really had no idea of the dangers back then. fastandbulbous, thanks for the info/warning.
that is what this web thang should be all about. if this prevents other young miscreants from making all the dangerous and stupid mistakes i made in my past, and keeps me from making newer, more dangerous mistakes, then bluelight is a beautiful thing.

>>fastandbulbous>>

A squid eating dough in a poly ethylene bag is fast and bulbous.
Got me?

Injecting alchahol burns, badly ( well vodka is the only one ive injected ) and it gave me no instant pissed effect thou if you have had a good drink it sure does help - unlike the guy above i didnt water mine down i guess thats why it burns so bad i seriously think it will mess your veins up anyhow !

I IV'd 6ml after drinking 3/5ths of a bottle of scotch whisky. No effect, simply a headache and pain down the full length of my arm, especially at every joint. It ached to move my arm for around a day or two.

In other news, I've quit drinking alcohol constantly. Of course I can't avoid it when out with friends etc etc, but I'm not going to be abusing it EVERY day anymore. I'd like to leave needles along for a while too.

I'm trying to taper off with what rapidly diminishing benzos I have left, and will be going through the withdrawal until I'm able to aquire some more (most likely quite some time away).

So basically I'll be clean for a while. But I need something for anxiety, whether it's self medication or prescribed. I can also get very depressed at times, yet perfectly happy at other times...

I have heard back from the psychiatrist my GP told me he'd refer me to, around three months after he told me would! I phoned up, although I only reached the answering machine, and asked for them to make me an appointment. Perhaps I'll get a response by christmas. I knew second class post was slow... But christ.

So, I'll probably be "clean" from every drug for a while, with the exception of nicotine. That sets me up for the day...

I must say that I don't actually want to quit using drugs now, and as I am physically dependant on benzos I expect the withdrawal will be ... unpleasant. Not that any withdrawal syndrome is pleasant, of course. But ergh. I'd rather not.

I think this guy likes to disagree for the sake of disagreeing and splitting hairs. Just another kind of person bluelight needs (i know there is a certain poppy forum that loves people bitching).......

Rxlist says diazepam ampule solution contains:

"Each ml of Valium contains 5 mg diazepam compounded with 40% propylene glycol, 10% ethyl alcohol, 5% sodium benzoate and benzoic acid as buffers, and 1.5% benzyl alcohol as preservative."

And the ampules are 2ml, so that is TWO cc's of 10% ethanol solution, wouldnt that make the total 20%?. You said:

In the diazepam case, the concentration is below 2%. ANY alcohol soln above 20% will kill the first cells it comes into contact (that's why it's used to preserve biological specimens)

I have injected 6-7 of diazepam, 3-4 versed ampules and large amounts of pentobarbital solution ("euthasol", at something like 380mg/ml) at a time without any issue.....

just a little something from the dvd booklet from Fear and Loathing

"instructions for reading gonzo journalism
*half pint, 10-inch hydro-needle(the kind used for spinal taps & inoculating bulls)
*fill this full of rum, tequila or wild turkey & shoot the entire contents straight into the stomach, thru the navel. this will induce a fantastic rush-much like a 3/4 hour amyl high-plenty of time to read the whole saga."

something i will never do, i wouldnt touch a needle anyway, im scared of them. but i just wanted to share that lil thang

It's in the booklet that comes with Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas DVD.

I thought that movie was horrible. THE worst movie I ever saw, it is also WAY too overated. Its stupid and boring and full of dumb misconceptions on drugs.

Originally posted by negrogesic

And the ampules are 2ml, so that is TWO cc's of 10% ethanol solution, wouldnt that make the total 20%?.

No. Adding two solutions that are 10% alcohol merely means that you have a larger volume of 10% alcohol solution.

I don't personally IV myself, so excuse me for my ignorance.
But... correct me if I'm wrong, injecting alcohol directly into a vein (intravenous), wouldn't this result in an un-wanted amount of Bacteria entering the bloodstream? Alcohol and it's whole fermentation process relies off of the natural sugars and Bacterium that grow with it, in order to make it "intoxicative".

I'll tell you one thing, whether it releases wanted effects or not, injecting alcohol is not a very hygeinic means for administering the spoken substance. Of course relatively pure alcohol will bruise, or... cause an intense burning sensation, due to the fact alcohol is a highly flamable substance.

Trust me on this one peoples... if you're gonna intravenously inject alcohol directly into your veins on a regular basis, expect there to be some very painful repurcussions to be suffered.
With all the impure drugs circulating the black-market in this day and age, it makes intravenous-injection a not-so-healthy mode for adminitration. "Bedroom-Solutions" readily prepared for injection, contain a relative amount of impurities, due to the environment the drug would've been manafactured in, dirty hands the drug has passed through, and... the amount of cutting agents used to adulterate the drug. This means that you are susceptable to catching Hepatitic diseases (not good for the liver). Why would you want to increase your risks of scarring your liver, by injecting alcohol (followed by bacteria).

Ohhh, on a side-note:- I am totally aware that people heat their substance before injection, definately reducing the amount of bacteria and other nasties found in your solution. Alot of people are under the misconception that heating what they are about to inject is going to totally rid the nasties out of (whatever-the-substance may be). Yeah, it will destroy alot of the bacteria and other impurities (remember not all), but... just make sure to take extremes, in order to be sure that your whole environment you are administering your drug of choice in...is a sterile/sanatised one. From the room your injecting in, to that (probably) filthy spoon used to heat your shit up-on.

Yes alcohol is made using yeast and fermentation, but the end result does not have any live pathogens in it. And the only alcohol i inject (again not to get high, for dissolving drugs in small amounts) is lab grade ethyl ether, which has no sugar or adulturants.

No. Adding two solutions that are 10% alcohol merely means that you have a larger volume of 10% alcohol solution.

And yes, this occured to me shortly after making that post. But nevertheless, its two cc's comprised of 10%, so thats a decent volume. In my earlier post i said i use around 20 units of the pure ethanol when dissolving certain water-insoluble drugs, which is the equivolent of that used in those diazepam ampules. But yea, its simply a greater volume....

Don't know if it's me

I think this guy likes to disagree for the sake of disagreeing and splitting hairs

I don't know if this was a reference to me, but if it was, I don't disagree for the sake of it. I reply to post where it looks like somebody may well damage themselves if they indulge in what they're proposing, which after all, is the stated aim of Bluelight.

Diazepam injections have several different formulations, but yes, 10% is the highest % of ethanol I've seen in a formulation. I still stand by my original statement though, that any concentration over 20% will kill cells it comes into contact with. Yeast can only survive in concentrations up to 16% when involved in fermentation, and if you consider that yeast lives its life surrounded by ethanol soln., other cells are not going to be as hardy. At 20% and above, the alcohol starts interfering with the lipid layer of the cell membrane, the end result being that the cell doesn't function properly and dies. At higher concentrations, it damages the cell membrane and dehydrates the cell

Last edited: