• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Is it possible to shoot THC?????

bud marley

Bluelighter
Is it possible to breakdown THC(hash or MJ) into a solution that can be injected?If so does anyone know or have personally done this themselves?I'm quite positive it can be broken down to a liquid but thinking perhaps it being so sticky and thick that it would need to be watered down so much you'd need a baseball bat sized syringe to feel anything.
This is just a question out of strictly curiosity because I don't use MJ much anymore and it's something I remember wondering 15 years ago.Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

Yes, in theory it is possible, hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrin and hydroxypropyl-methylcellulose could help you out here, they increase thc's water solubility roughly a thousand-fold. Plant matter has got to be filtered out first, doing a butane extraction leaves you with the purest product.. There is a way to turn hash oil into thc only, but this requires some lab materials.

This shouldn't be carried out if you're asking yourself if it's possible, only with the proper equipment you could go ahead and try.. Still not advisable though.

There's also pharmaceutically made THC that's water soluble, so also injectable. And no, that's not marinol..

if you could manage to filter out EVERYTHING and be left with JUST THC, but that would be virtually impossibly to ensure without some very expensive equipment.

Also keep in mind that it's not JUST THC that makes MJ what it is, there are other cannabinoids in there too.

Thanks guys for the answers.I never planned on doing it I just wanted to know!

Yeah, what blow money said. There are various detergents/surfactants that could be used to make a THC solution, but theres no way I'd fuck around with THC from a plant source to do it.

No, it is not possible. THC is an oil, and I've never heard of injecting anything but water soluble compounds into the bloodstream. THC and blood don't dissolve in each other. Injecting THC sounds like a recipe for disaster to me, but if anyone has first-hand information to the contrary, please let us know.

You could try to shoot pen ink too, but ya might not wanna do that. Try packing a bowl/pipe/bong/bubbler/onehitter or rolling a joint/blunt/spliff OR make some yummy brownies. Sorry for being sarcastic but you really gave me a laugh!! :)

joystick said:
No, it is not possible. THC is an oil, and I've never heard of injecting anything but water soluble compounds into the bloodstream. THC and blood don't dissolve in each other.

true, but binding it to a cyclodextrin molecule would increase it's solubility MANY times over.

Also, it would be very possible to esterify THC and inject in intramuscularly. Imagine having THC propionate and THC enthanate. What a wonderful world it would be...

It IS possible. As both I and blowMonkey have said. Here is an abstract from a rather interesting article where they IVed THC in humans. Here is how the produced the injectable solution.

The injection solution consisted of 0.1% (w/v) of THC, 1.5% (w/v) Tween® 80, 5.0% (v/v) ethanol absolute, 0.1% (w/v) sodium ascorbate, and sodium chloride solution (0.9%).[16] Sodium ascorbate was added to prevent the oxidation of THC to cannabinol. THC was dissolved in ethanol and Tween® 80, then added to the sodium ascorbate dissolved in 1 mL of the sodium chloride solution. The remaining sodium chloride solution was finally added to the mixture. The clear, yellowish solution was then sonicated for 30 s and filtrated through a 0.22-m filter under aseptic conditions

Tween 80 is a detergent/surfactant.

tranceaddict420
I just asked if it was possible and it appears that it is. I also will state that i never intended on shooting it up as I stated twice above it was strictly out of curiosity.I don't even use pot anymore but once every blue moon.

[take it easy there]

Last edited by a moderator:
lol.... Not only is it a big misspelling, its an AWSOME misspelling. I think I'm going to call BlowMonkey Blow Money from now one.

I knew I put the space in there by mistake, but I didn't notice the mssing K.... what can I say. It was my birthday last night, so I'm feeling a bit fucked today.

Last edited:
THC, as far as I know... is fat and/or Alcohol soluble. Sure, it would be possible for an experienced Pharimicist/Chemist to produce a synthetic THC compound, or even t wouldn't even have to be "sytnhetic". But remember THC is fat soluble in the body and injecting it intravenously would not make it's administration to penetrate the brain more efficient.

I think that the most efficient way of administering marijuana would most probably have to be by smoking, or just simply yaken it orally. Just just through assumption though.

I wouldn't reccomend making a concentration-injectable liquid from marijuana into THC, to inject, unless you were REALLY experienced at working in the lab.
Intrama-muscular injection would be the better option to administer THC via"- Syringe.

No way man. The bioavailability of smoked THC is like 10-30%... and thats of the THC that gets to your mouth. When you eat it, bioavailability drops to below 10%.

But the delta-9 THC is metabolized into 11-hydroxy THC, what is ~5 times more potent, so it is a little bit more efficient as opposed to smoking pot, not more efficient as injecting it though, that's for sure.

And congrats bilz0r, got any fundings as birthday presents..? :)

Is it 5 times more? I thought it was more like, equal, or a little bit more. Oh I see

11-OH-THC was equipotent to THC in causing psychic effects and reduction in intraocular pressure.[230] In some pharmacological
animal tests, 11-OH-THC was three to seven times more potent than THC.[231]"
- 230. Perez-Reyes M, Timmons M, Lipton M, et al. Intravenous injection in man of delta-9-trahydrocannabinol and 11-OHdelta-9-tetrahydrocannabinol. Science 1972; 177 (49): 633-5
- 231. Karler R, Turkanis SA. Different cannabinoids exhibit different pharmacological and toxicological properties. NIDA Res Monogr 1987; 79: 96-107

No, I didn't get any funding for my birthday. Do you know what I did get though? An etch-a-sketch. Check out my self-portraite.

But, the day before my birthday, the HOD of my department said, about my research on hallucinogens and I quote "It looks great, very well thought out and clearly hypothesis driven. These are strong attributes for any research project (and indicate unequivocally that you are the "right-stuff" for evidence based research in slice physiology) BUT I have no pedigree or funding streams in this area and absolutely no prospect of supporting your science in the area of affective disorders"

What a cock in the mouth... I tried to play up the schizophrenia angle, instead of the hallucinogen angle to him.

lol shootin up marijuana.. if its at all possible.. it would be A MUST SEE thing lol id love to see taht shit happen.. if u do it.. let me know