• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Is it possible to shoot THC?????

BilZ0r said:
No, I didn't get any funding for my birthday. Do you know what I did get though? An etch-a-sketch. Check out my self-portraite.

Hehe, nice! =D

Though that absolutely sucks about getting no money.. I don't know what the big deal is when it comes to studying hallucinogens, you don't even live in the US, right? Indeed a "cock in the mouth", but not much you can do about..

Not a solution

The bit that BilZ0r posted about making up an injection of THC for IV use mentions Tween-80, which as he said, is a surfactant. These are used to produce emulsions for injection, they do not increase THC's solubility in water. Another drug that comes as an emulsion for IV use is diazemuls, which, as you might guess by the name, an injectible form of diazepam (that prep uses fractionated soya oil). That said, if you don't have a background in pharmaceutical preparations, trying to make your own is just a disaster waiting to happen. There is a synthetic analogue of THC, in which the carbon at the top of the ring containing the double bond has been replaced by a nitrogen (also ring is totally saturated), to allow the formation of water soluble salts for injection. Apparently it's quite potent, but you're more likely to see pigs fly and dogs talk than come across any of that (think it was from McNeil Labs).

Dr. McBudstoke
The esters you propose wouldn't make it water soluble as they are effectivly just long hydrocarbon chains (and not water soluble), but an ester from something like 2-dimethylaminoacetic acid might have a fighting chance of being water soluble.

You could always make up an oily injection and use a deep IM route (as they do for depot injections of antipsychotics).

A depot injection of THC??? Don't know if I want to be stoned for 3 weeks straight though!

PS. BilZ0r, you should apply to GW Pharmaceuticals for a research funding/post (the ones doing the cannabis trials for the UK government). You'd get to do research with an interesting group of compounds (cannabinoids) AND get paid a proper working wage, unlike the pittances they hand out to live on along with the research funding (that's what eventually ended my career - a desire for a decent wage), esp if there isn't any pharmaceutical firm interested in your area of research

Yum a depot dose of THC, I'd gladly be a test-dummy. One of the few things I havent inject has been THC, I have alsways thought about using the THC suspended in Sesamse (sp? stoned, ha) Oil and diluting it with water to improve viscosity or better yet. Vinagear, it would be like injecting salad dressing minus the Italian seasonings.

I used to make big batches of Oil (veg) and used it to make stoner salad dressing if condensed enough it works like majiK.

I know there is an old, old post floating around concerning injection of THC, it might be deleted or in OD archieve. God my speeling sucks, must be teh drugs, vodka, and my ability to not care.

anyways. shoot me up...

if thc is soluble in alcohol, could one use create a small potent amount of that alcohol say 2 ml and mix with saline for iv injection for any effect? I understand this is the method used when injecting some benzos like alprazolam. Would an IV emulsion be more suitable?

i have eaten cannabis and drank(in green dragon and the thing made with milk)...but smoking is what marihuana is all about...easier than preparing in food or drinks ;) and the high is awesome....when consumed in other ways my experiences tell me that it is a different high, without the enrgy or euphoria felt during smoking

i have heard 1st hand of some dumb ass junkys that have infact tried to shoot golden oil,if i remember correctly only mixed with water?apparantly SWIM convinced these dumb fucks that it was not only possible but also a good idea...!straight after attempting to shoot it there arms started to swell and a really bad rash appeared!!!!!i think but cant remember if they needed to go to hospital?but apparantly they wont ever do it again and it made them quite ill!

I suppose someone could shoot honey oil if they wanted, but that would be extremely fucking stupid.

terrapintraveler said:
what is marijuana tincture made out of?

it's clear...I believe it might be alcohol. If so, couldn't you just theorhetically inject that? I don't plan on it, but seems possible.

im not a pinger' myself,but i would imagine that shooting alcohol into your veins could well burn and do some damage???8o

tof said:
if thc is soluble in alcohol, could one use create a small potent amount of that alcohol say 2 ml and mix with saline for iv injection for any effect? I understand this is the method used when injecting some benzos like alprazolam. Would an IV emulsion be more suitable?

iam wondering the same thing
ive heard of people injecting vodka
and ive made hash vodka before

so if youd have a really pure honey oil and dissolve some in vodka and inject it, would it work?

one thing I WANT to try injecting is thc at some point in my life and alchool also because the tales ive heard of getting completly piss of a few mls of vodka seemed quite fun!

joystick said:
No, it is not possible. THC is an oil, and I've never heard of injecting anything but water soluble compounds into the bloodstream. THC and blood don't dissolve in each other. Injecting THC sounds like a recipe for disaster to me, but if anyone has first-hand information to the contrary, please let us know.
Most benzodiazepines aren't soluble in water either.

The trick? Go ahead and guess.

Not using water to try and shoot your drug that isn't water soluble.

I don't see why injecting pure THC would be bad for your body. Granted, it could be, such as how injecting codeine results in pulmonary edema, but I don't see it as likely.

The problem here is obtaining said THC formulation that is pure enough to put directly into your veins.
enlighted said:
so if youd have a really pure honey oil and dissolve some in vodka and inject it, would it work?
Would it work? Possibly. Would it be smart? No.
enlighted said:
one thing I WANT to try injecting is thc at some point in my life and alchool also because the tales ive heard of getting completly piss of a few mls of vodka seemed quite fun!
If you can get the THC solution, and deem it worth possibly catastrophic results, then go for it. But you aren't going to feel a few CCs of vodka. Nor are you going to feel a few CCs of pure ethanol, even if it does go directly into your veins - and trust me, you're not going to want to put pure ethanol into your veins. Even vodka is probably too potent alcohol-wise for your veins - but don't quote me on that. Either way, no, it's not smart to shoot vodka. People have done it and lived, I guarantee that, but it doesn't make it smart. And you'd probably need at least one ounce (~30ml) of alcohol in your veins before you feel any effects, which would require a hospital IV Maybe not the correct term, but you should know what I mean (the large bags of saline and whatever drug they are giving you that is going into your veins). It would also probably (an estimate, so again, don't quote me on it) require a ~20% alcohol concentration in order to not fuck up your veins, which, if my estimation is anywhere near accurate, would require a 150ml injection for just one ounce of alcohol (the amount of alcohol typically in one beer, or one shot). I can pretty much guarantee you're not going to do that on your own at home.

I IVed like 0.3g of that crystal crap some refer to a keith. It was in a cocktail of H. vodka, and some other crap i felt the need to IV at the time.. Oh the things we do. Yeah, i got pretty fucked up all in all, definitely felt A Noticeable slap of stoned hit me when everything else did. Could be one of the many other things in there tho. The set's cartage was like one inch thick and 6inches long. The needle on it was 2 and a half inches, It was a total beast. It fucked up my veins & tendons during its life.

Usually i use A LOT smaller sets(4-5inches long all together) but it was what i had at the time & i was desperate to get smashed..

Set = needle

hope this helped.

And if you shoot st8 vodka 80proof+ into your veigns you will feel the groggy, disorientation that drunk is. idk if id say its a legit drunk.

once weed gets legalized for recreational/medicinal use they will have pills with all the psychoactive compounds in canabis in em eg THC, CBD etc... and then you will be able to shoot em just like Oxycontin...how awesome will that be?! althoguh it probably won't happen till i'm like forty and some BL'lers are dead, but when i'm forty i'm gonna get intrveinously(sp) BLAZED AS SHIT!

A couple of times I've been in clinical studies where I was administered a water-soluble synthetic cannabinoid, might very well be the one F&B mentioned... I have been stoned off my ass having laughing fits with my friend during the afternoon break. During another studie though, another guy had a major freak out episode, they called it a bad trip afterwards. Apparently he couldn't stop running up and down the hallway screaming, and they had to restrain him. He was brought to the hospital where he urinated a couple liters. We were sent home, still receiving full reward for 'volunteering'.

Does anyone know what compounds in human blood carry substances like THC ? Are these just biological surfactants?

BuddhaSmokedPot said:
lol shootin up marijuana.. if its at all possible.. it would be A MUST SEE thing lol id love to see taht shit happen.. if u do it.. let me know

OK, people may think I'm the forum troll for saying this, but a couple nights ago my friends, who make a big deal that I shoot up but don't smoke with them, took me up on my offer that "I would shoot up marijuana but not smoke it"

Here's all I did: my friend gave me a bud the size of the joint of my thumb, I took a dime bag, drew up a syringe worth of saline and squirted into the bag with the marijuana, sealed the dime bag with the zip-lock, made sure I got as much air out as possible, and rolled it around between my thumbs for about an half hour, until the bud was thoroughly soaked, in bad shape, and the water had turned a greenish hue.

I then took my separate filter syringe (.22 micron one-way filter) and drew as much of it up as I could; ended up being only three drops or so, as all of the rest of the plant matter clogged it, I then removed the filter and released the solution into a cleaned spoon: It was a sparkly clear greenish-yellowish hue! Well there had to be some chemicals in there, I know THC is fat/alcohol soluble so it was probably some other cannaboids. I didn't heat it at all (I always do cold water extractions, even with black tar heroin, and I didn't even know of "Intravenous Marijuana Syndrome")

I drew it back into my original syringe which I squirted the saline on the bud with, stuck it in my arm, registered and let the plunger go.....

I don't know if there was placebo from expecting something or what, but my heart rate went very fast for a good 10 seconds, more noticeably fast than from a coke shot, my heart went nuts and then tapered off, after that I felt no noticeable feeling at all except I wanted to just space out and stare at one thing, and couldn't easily redirect my focus or concentrate on anything else, but I felt it to be in an annoying kind of way, I felt like how I thought stoned would feel stereotypically, probably my own bias. So anyway, I told my stoner friend to let me do it to him next time so he can relate it to his normal smoking high: it's probably just one of the negative effecting cannaboids which is water soluble if it's anything that got through to me. Nothing special.

But there, I can say I shot up marijuana, it does make something in a solution when you filter it visually at least.

Last edited: