• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Is it possible to shoot THC?????

I saw it done on a British documentary called, "Should I Smoke Dope?" A recommended watch to you all, especially the part with the injections. I wouldn't attempt it on my own though, I would only trust a doctor/chemist with something like that.

^I saw that, it was brilliant
When she tried the road test drunk and just plowed over the babys lol

THC Powder

bud marley said:
Is it possible to breakdown THC(hash or MJ) into a solution that can be injected?If so does anyone know or have personally done this themselves?I'm quite positive it can be broken down to a liquid but thinking perhaps it being so sticky and thick that it would need to be watered down so much you'd need a baseball bat sized syringe to feel anything.
This is just a question out of strictly curiosity because I don't use MJ much anymore and it's something I remember wondering 15 years ago.Any help with this would be greatly appreciated!

back in like 1977 in my part of the USA, there was a brief THC Powder run, I never did any , but was wittness to its effects on others, could have been PCP, but it was called "T"

soundthecymbals said:
Most benzodiazepines aren't soluble in water either.

The trick? Go ahead and guess.

Not using water to try and shoot your drug that isn't water soluble.

I don't see why injecting pure THC would be bad for your body. Granted, it could be, such as how injecting codeine results in pulmonary edema, but I don't see it as likely.

The problem here is obtaining said THC formulation that is pure enough to put directly into your veins.Would it work? Possibly. Would it be smart? No.If you can get the THC solution, and deem it worth possibly catastrophic results, then go for it. But you aren't going to feel a few CCs of vodka. Nor are you going to feel a few CCs of pure ethanol, even if it does go directly into your veins - and trust me, you're not going to want to put pure ethanol into your veins. Even vodka is probably too potent alcohol-wise for your veins - but don't quote me on that. Either way, no, it's not smart to shoot vodka. People have done it and lived, I guarantee that, but it doesn't make it smart. And you'd probably need at least one ounce (~30ml) of alcohol in your veins before you feel any effects, which would require a hospital IV Maybe not the correct term, but you should know what I mean (the large bags of saline and whatever drug they are giving you that is going into your veins). It would also probably (an estimate, so again, don't quote me on it) require a ~20% alcohol concentration in order to not fuck up your veins, which, if my estimation is anywhere near accurate, would require a 150ml injection for just one ounce of alcohol (the amount of alcohol typically in one beer, or one shot). I can pretty much guarantee you're not going to do that on your own at home.

i know this is an old thread but it's half an ounce of ethanol that is in one shot or one beer, not a whole ounce.

lol this question is so funny when its asked over and over again

LOL why bother? It's way more fun to smoke anyways
who wants to smoke weed when their railing speed balls? i've always found it easier to just concoct a cocktail & liine it uppp' when your in a situation where your not planning on moving for a good while its easier to kill 4birds with one stone rather then one bird at a time with each one getting pissed & taking its toll with razor sharp talons.. Sure thats all fun and games but once ur trying to murder that third bird your usually done from losing all that blood during the battle in the mean time. Lol

SomeKindaLove said:
Again, Please read this, this is not a good idea.

Yes, I did. The studies say they were not able to reproduce the "syndrome" when used in lab conditions; the cases were all casual drug users boiling and filtering with cotton in the '70s & '80s before the internet and the ability for anyone to readily get good filtering gear. My difference was I used a CWE and a .22 micron luer-lock syringe filter; as I definitely didn't want to get plant matter into my veins.

Blowmonkey said:
Yes, in theory it is possible, hydroxypropyl-beta-cyclodextrin and hydroxypropyl-methylcellulose could help you out here, they increase thc's water solubility roughly a thousand-fold. Plant matter has got to be filtered out first, doing a butane extraction leaves you with the purest product.. There is a way to turn hash oil into thc only, but this requires some lab materials.

This shouldn't be carried out if you're asking yourself if it's possible, only with the proper equipment you could go ahead and try.. Still not advisable though.

There's also pharmaceutically made THC that's water soluble, so also injectable. And no, that's not marinol..

BHO extraction then fractionally distill off the thc... wouldn't be horribly difficult...

i would assume it would be possible, probably not a good idea though...

joystick said:
No, it is not possible. THC is an oil, and I've never heard of injecting anything but water soluble compounds into the bloodstream. THC and blood don't dissolve in each other. Injecting THC sounds like a recipe for disaster to me, but if anyone has first-hand information to the contrary, please let us know.

yeah you can shoot it-i saw it on a show on BBC3 where they injected a woman presenter twice with different combinations of THC and CBD to get her opinion on which was more paranoia inducing. this was done in a hospital as part of clinical trials=D

soundthecymbals said:
The problem here is obtaining said THC formulation that is pure enough to put directly into your veins.Would it work? Possibly. Would it be smart? No.If you can get the THC solution, and deem it worth possibly catastrophic results, then go for it. But you aren't going to feel a few CCs of vodka. Nor are you going to feel a few CCs of pure ethanol, even if it does go directly into your veins - and trust me, you're not going to want to put pure ethanol into your veins. Even vodka is probably too potent alcohol-wise for your veins - but don't quote me on that. Either way, no, it's not smart to shoot vodka. People have done it and lived, I guarantee that, but it doesn't make it smart. And you'd probably need at least one ounce (~30ml) of alcohol in your veins before you feel any effects, which would require a hospital IV Maybe not the correct term, but you should know what I mean (the large bags of saline and whatever drug they are giving you that is going into your veins). It would also probably (an estimate, so again, don't quote me on it) require a ~20% alcohol concentration in order to not fuck up your veins, which, if my estimation is anywhere near accurate, would require a 150ml injection for just one ounce of alcohol (the amount of alcohol typically in one beer, or one shot). I can pretty much guarantee you're not going to do that on your own at home.

sorry if im bringing up an old thread or nething BUT

since THC is like 99% soluble in ethanol

could one not obtain an amount of budder-
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budder [sorry i cant link but this is only my first post]

and dissolve this in 99% (or the highest availble) percentage of ethyl alcohol, so say u dissolve 500mg (7.7grains) of budder, in 25ml(0.6 fl oz.) of this high proof (or as much as u can) then filter it

then procede to evaporate this alcohol until you have roughly 5ml (.16 fl oz.), filter again, and then inject? Save that I have no idea what volume of liquid is typically injected, but you can apply this formulae to it (evaporate as much as u need to)

im fairly sure this would work, since its a small enough amount of alcohol the likely no harm will come to you containing a potent enough concentration of thc to get you high

since vaporization of budder only requires a pinhead to get high

:\

Wow. This is one of the most entertaining threads I've read in a while.

I don't know why, but the last time I went on a syringe binge(that's what I call them, considering I'm not a regular needle user) I had this same thought. I nodded out and had a vivid dream of me sitting on the couch with a fat nugget in one hand, trying to pull it into the syringe with the other. Lawlz.

Now I'm just waiting for someone to ask if it's possible to plug THC.

joystick said:
No, it is not possible. THC is an oil, and I've never heard of injecting anything but water soluble compounds into the bloodstream. THC and blood don't dissolve in each other. Injecting THC sounds like a recipe for disaster to me, but if anyone has first-hand information to the contrary, please let us know.

Ever hear of propofol? That's an oil, and is injected. Not to mention benzodiazepines which are only slightly soluble at best, and some of those are injected.

Also, there is LD50 information for injected THC (happens to be about 29, 42 mg/kg for rats and mice, respectively), so I'm nearly positive it's possible.