• SPORTS
    AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Games: Game Reviews by BL'ers/Gen. Discussion

*scratches head*

4Meg down, and only 128K up? There's something wrong with that, are you sure? What sevice do you have, because I have COx here, and it's 4Meg down, and 768K up.

halo 2 is a big deal for the mainstream console gamers, but i played it the other day and was not impressed at all, graphics are tight but nothing compared to the new line of PC game engines coming out in the next few months.

pretty much all teh cool additions and features were ripped off of other games.

^^ true but who can afford to maintain a PC to games standards? not me.. oh well, i suppose I could, but it aint worth the headache. (notice the half life rip off at the start when you ride the train?)

KS, I'm on the unlimited plan with telstra broadband. Whatever speed that is.

PC games are to much work to keep running. You buy a new comp, and a for a while you can run everything ace, but then it's a downhill ride the rest of the way until you sink another 150-300 bucks on a new graphics card. :\

Console games get better w/ the life of the hardware. The disadvantage is that every 5 years or so you have to buy new hardware, but thats way longer than a PC will last you as far as running "top" games goes.

The only thing PC has vs. console is Real Time Strategy. Rome: Total War is a reason I want my new pc, and the Command & Conquer: Generals expansion I haven't gotten to play. Console hasn't made a good RTS yet. That Aliens vs. Predator RTS was lame.

My Killzone Review:

It's not as good as HALO 2, but it's the best FPS next to Red Faction 2 on the console. Online ran nicely for me 9 times out of 10. No fee, thank god because I'm never paying a montly fee to play any game (why I wont play the MMP games)...it's bullshit if you've already forked-out $50 on a disc and another $15 if you're a dolt and buy a "hint guide" (it's free on www.gamefaqs.net).

But, it's a quality FPS. I like the feel of being like World War 1 & 2, in space, w/ a little bit of Vietnam in Space as well. Gritty, and not as space opera-esque as Halo 2.

As for Halo 2 vs. Killzone, I dunno. I thought Halo 2's storyline was about as generic as it gets for scifi, but then again it is an FPS.

I rate it a 8 out of 10, Killzone.
Halo 2 gets a 8.5.
SOCOM II still has my heart with a 9.5

:)

So anyone buy...

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Need for Speed: Underground 2

...yesterday?

I'm kinda depressed now cuz i chose to sell my GC because Echoes has a 9.7 rating on http://www.gamespot.com :(

Need for Speed Underground 2 is as addictive as the first (which I completed 3 times).... but it's about a third of the speed of Burnout 3 & F Zero.

caffeine_voices said:
Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater
Need for Speed: Underground 2

I want Metroid Prime 2, still haven't finished the first one though.

Metal Gear Solid 3 looks awesome, but I heven't really thought about it too much.

NFS U2, I've had it for quite some time now, and have already beat it. Not impressed with it.

I'd be willing to buy Phantasy Star Online 1 for GC if anyone has a copy :D

David said:
NFS U2, I've had it for quite some time now, and have already beat it. Not impressed with it.

...it's been out 4 days and you've had it for quite some time?

Halo 2 should come with a warning, because I have had an erection that started before the release date and has still refused to subside. Can't stop playing... ahhhhhhhhh....

Favorite combo for rolling up on folks and bustin' mad caps is right hand: machine gun, left hand: pistol. BAKA BAKA BAKA!!!!

I stay g'd up! %)

My friends and i have been up since 8pm last night playing halo 2 on XBOX live. It's now 6:30am. We've taken short five minute breaks and one trip to Denny's. I don't even like video games but this shit is dope... Hey Thursday, i think i might need my own intervention... :\