• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does weed make you hallucinate?

Need to try more pure Indicas though because I've heard that you can get some seriously trippy fuckers in that family <3

No, it's sativas that are the trippy ones. I've never had closed-eyes off a pure indica, but I get them easily from any strong predominantly sativa strain.

hmm...a difference of opinion...interesting ;)

I'm not talking about CEV's - I've already mentioned those - I get them with pretty much all weed if I've smoked a reasonable amount and shut my eyes.

I'm talking about OEV's - not visuals per se - but flutterings/weirdness in perception...

I have hallucinated many times on weed. Most were just small hallucinations, seeing small fractal patterns and colors or hearing things that weren't there. There has been some occasions though that I truly hallucinated as if I was in the middle of an intense hallucinogenic trip though, so I know weed can do it, though it remains a pretty rare experience.

ahhh yes - auditory hallucinations - had those before...or forms of things appearing to be other things in the dark...

Oh and just once, when I had some "AK 47" (that's what my friend said it was but it so wasn't...good weed though) after school in the woods, I went back to wait for my mum sitting on the car (she worked at the school) and someone I knew was walking from about 6/700 yards away and I couldn't make out their face, it was like their face kept morphing...5 or so people's faces later when they finally got close enough I worked out who it actually was haha.

I took 300mg's of tapentadol and smoked a ton of dank, I had full blown audio and visual hallucinations. I looked at my desk and saw a translucent woman take something and disappear, and I was hearing random reggae in my head the whole time. Obviously the tapentadol is what caused the hallucinations, but they didn't occur until I smoked the weed.

;]

k sooo.... i smoke weed like crazy! its pretty nice and helps me to relax... but i didnt think it was possible to see things on it. i hadent smoked it for about a month and then i did.. like a lot lol :p and got really baked and started to listen to some music... i was gonna go on the computer but before i could turn it on i got destracted by my eyes in the screen.... the white parts looked like clouds and the shine in my eye looked like a moon and my pupile turned to a pine tree and there was a sparkle in my eye that look like a star and then the clouds started to rain but it was actually be crying to the song the scientist by coldplay.. it was weird and the hallucinating wasnt that strong but for weed... thats weird... im thinkin it was laced with some shit but i dunno what... so yea that was something new for me... 8)

yes but its more of a placebo effect for me.. goes like this
"damn i really high.."
"almost feels like im trippin.."
"wait am i trippin...?"
"omg im trippin..!"
"wait am i trippin....?!"
not sure if im just reminded of times when i was frying and i start thinking colors are changing/shit is melting or whatever or if i actually trip out.

The only hallucination i have had from weed was when we were all sitting in my friends room, and i looked down under his tv, for no reason really, and saw a water puttle slowly moving. I thought the tv was fuckign leaking or some shit. Then i turned on the light, and found out it was just the design on the carpet...it was cool though.

lol this made me laugh

But I have never gotten visuals off weed. Maybe some shapes in the shower when my eyes are closed. But not like when Im legitly tripping and look down at the carpet and its nothing but scorpions...

Yes mildy. Sometimes more so especially if I eat goodies and then smoke. Slight shifting and brightened colors with eyes opened and ghostly shapes and patterns with my eyes closed. Much less precise and complete than something like LSD but it can be quite interesting.

I've also had some very weird daydreams in the past when I had no cannabinoid tolerance in which I have full blown hallucinations of very bizarre things/scenarios. I don't get them anymore, but when I first started smoking it was fairly common.

Last edited:
Just slight movement + bright colours. With eyes closed there is a loop of patterns of different colours.

Depends on how much you let it take over. Objects and colours become a lot more interesting but I think its very rare that cannibiloids will make you hallucinate if consumed on its own anyway.

Compared to the likes of LSD it's not the same kind of hallucinations. The most I get with weed is the whole 'cardboard cut-out' look with everything, some of cannabis's effects actually strongly remind me of coming up on LSD when things feel different and a bit more detailed, along with some other effects to make it it's own individual thing.

It did the first time I smoked a lot when I was about 15. Ahh I wish I could get that high still.

yeah definitely, but only when i smoke a ton, especially if ive been smoking all day and then have a huge session at night. I get a lot of CEVs.

Theres one OEV i used to get, but its really just a cool distortion. what would happen is i would be smoking in my car at night, parked on the side of the street. when i was super high looking out the window, it would seem as if i was floating in darkness, like some infinite void of space, and the stuff i could see out the windows was like islands of matter floating there. its really hard to explain.

sort of like if you were in a room that was totally dark, but there was a couple pictures lit up hanging in front of you. i used to get that all the time, its really more like something that would occur on shrooms.

Hallucination that you DONT want to EVER experiance

I don't do weed often, maybe three/four times a month. I drank two days ago, and then yesterday i smoked with a couple of friends. My friends were fine, they were just chilling and everything was alright. i was laughing, and i felt really good and it was so much fun until we sat down in starbucks and i started getting a feeling that as if something is going inside my body. My eyes got really heavy, i couldnt hear anything, i couldnt speak loud (apperantly i was mumbling ) i was really heavy, and i couldnt walk. I heard my heart beating really fast, and it was as if i was in another world. I couldnt get out of it though, i wanted it to stop but it kept going. It was pinching me inside all of the sudden i started to get "fatter" and my singers got really big and my sing was stuck. It was soo horible, but im not close to done yet. I started hallucinating all the way back to when i was a little baby. I was sitting in my little crib, i saw my dad and my mom when they were young. (ive never seen my dad before, he left when i was little ) but i saw him in my hallucination, and he looked exactly the way i saw him in a picture with me. I saw him screaming, and beating my mom. I couldnt do anything about it though, because i was so little and i was in my crib. I wanted to do something, and it hurt so bad inside that i couldnt help her but i had to relive that moment and it was so horrible. I saw the police that my dad away, and i stood there not knowing what to do. I saw my mom holding me as a baby, and spinning me around , and i saw my grandma . two days ago i was in a fight with my grandma we havent talked in a month but yesterday right after i came back to myself i came up to her crying and apologizing. i told her the story, and i told her how much she means to me and that shes not a bad person. shes always been trying to help me out, but i was too selfish to realize it. I realized that the way ive been treating my family was completely wrong. I never want to relive that day, but i learned a lesson. I feel like this is a good lesson for me from God himself. His giving me another chance. I've always been meaning to apologize to my grandma, and when that happened i came up to her kissing her and asking her to please forgive me. I will never smoke ever again. It is pointles, and i would never want to go back into that world ever again. Hallucination is the worst thing that has ever happened to me, and i really hope it doesnt happen to me. I feel like if i didnt ask God for help, and if i didnt pray i would have died that day. I asked God for help, and i prayed and he saved me. This is another chance for me, and i will live to redeam all the bad that i have done. From this point on, i will be a better person. I live to serve God, and i believe that we are all equal, and in the end we will all be in a better place and we'll all be the same. You need to believe in God.

Welcome to BL! That post is pretty hard to read, you might want to consider splitting it into paragraphs to make it a little easier on the eye. I'm sorry you had such a horrible experience, but I can tell you that it's pretty damn uncommon.
I will never smoke ever again. It is pointles
I realized that the way ive been treating my family was completely wrong
How can you believe both that smoking dope is pointless and that it led you to an important, life changing conclusion?
f i didnt pray i would have died that day
All the tea in China says you would have been fine.

I don't do weed often, maybe three/four times a month. I drank two days ago, and then yesterday i smoked with a couple of friends. My friends were fine, they were just chilling and everything was alright. i was laughing, and i felt really good and it was so much fun until we sat down in starbucks and i started getting a feeling that as if something is going inside my body. My eyes got really heavy, i couldnt hear anything, i couldnt speak loud (apperantly i was mumbling ) i was really heavy, and i couldnt walk. I heard my heart beating really fast, and it was as if i was in another world. I couldnt get out of it though, i wanted it to stop but it kept going. It was pinching me inside all of the sudden i started to get "fatter" and my singers got really big and my sing was stuck. It was soo horible, but im not close to done yet. I started hallucinating all the way back to when i was a little baby. I was sitting in my little crib, i saw my dad and my mom when they were young. (ive never seen my dad before, he left when i was little ) but i saw him in my hallucination, and he looked exactly the way i saw him in a picture with me. I saw him screaming, and beating my mom. I couldnt do anything about it though, because i was so little and i was in my crib. I wanted to do something, and it hurt so bad inside that i couldnt help her but i had to relive that moment and it was so horrible. I saw the police that my dad away, and i stood there not knowing what to do. I saw my mom holding me as a baby, and spinning me around , and i saw my grandma . two days ago i was in a fight with my grandma we havent talked in a month but yesterday right after i came back to myself i came up to her crying and apologizing. i told her the story, and i told her how much she means to me and that shes not a bad person. shes always been trying to help me out, but i was too selfish to realize it. I realized that the way ive been treating my family was completely wrong. I never want to relive that day, but i learned a lesson. I feel like this is a good lesson for me from God himself. His giving me another chance. I've always been meaning to apologize to my grandma, and when that happened i came up to her kissing her and asking her to please forgive me. I will never smoke ever again. It is pointles, and i would never want to go back into that world ever again. Hallucination is the worst thing that has ever happened to me, and i really hope it doesnt happen to me. I feel like if i didnt ask God for help, and if i didnt pray i would have died that day. I asked God for help, and i prayed and he saved me. This is another chance for me, and i will live to redeam all the bad that i have done. From this point on, i will be a better person. I live to serve God, and i believe that we are all equal, and in the end we will all be in a better place and we'll all be the same. You need to believe in God.

Sounds like you took some acid and had a funky trip. But are you depressed or going through PTSD? I know trippy shit can really mess with your mind but I have never heard of a story like yours off weed. Sounds like you had a life changing experience. Reminds me of various times I have tripped. I dunno if you got real high, started having a panic attack, or you are a little depressed. But regardless, sounds like your on the right track now.

If there is any drug I can fall back to, its weed. Never lets me down and always there to pick me up when times get rough. Hopefully you can enjoy this wonderful plant again...

Welcome to BL! That post is pretty hard to read, you might want to consider splitting it into paragraphs to make it a little easier on the eye. I'm sorry you had such a horrible experience, but I can tell you that it's pretty damn uncommon.

How can you believe both that smoking dope is pointless and that it led you to an important, life changing conclusion?

Ya. I am saying this bad experience gave you rebirth. I have had similar situations like this with other drugs. You just feel bad about what you have been doing or something similar and you just want to change.

if i get really, really high i will have auditory distortion and closed eye visuals. sometimes i will have my eyes closed and i will hear different birds outside and it will suddenly sound like one of them called my name, or said a random word.

if i eat it and then vape after it kicks in it can get pretty psychedelic: my screen will breath in and out, i will hear sounds outside and have fantastic stories unfold in my imagination that explain the sounds. objects that exist might appear to move suddenly.

then i eat everything in the house, and i will feel sorry for the cow while im eating it, but its so delicious i cant stop.