• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Does weed make you hallucinate?

yeah.. shiny, sparkly, cartoony, colorful when my eyes are opened, sometimes faint patterns, as the last person posted

when my eyes are closed it gets crazy, but its usually not an actual object, just insane patterns

i think it depends on what drugs uve done before.. other psychedelics mean u will hallucinate easier on weed

The only hallucination i have had from weed was when we were all sitting in my friends room, and i looked down under his tv, for no reason really, and saw a water puttle slowly moving. I thought the tv was fuckign leaking or some shit. Then i turned on the light, and found out it was just the design on the carpet...it was cool though.

I have a low tolerance for ganj, if I smoke some strong bud everything gets brighter with my eyes open and I get CEV's nearly always...... nothing in lots of detail, just colours and the odd shapes.

but to go with the above I almost always whitey out........ I can only keep up with the smokers in my group if on other drugs too.

mental-tessy said:
........ I can only keep up with the smokers in my group if on other drugs too.
what do u mean with this? when u smoke with the intention to socialize ( when ur smokin with a group of friends for instance with no specific intention) it's unlikely ur gonna have visuals .... and indeed, in case u would , u might freak out ( i wouldnt know but i can imagine ) so i guess that's why r u sayin u can only keep up if on other drugs2?

/\ I can smoke spilff after spliff if I'm on pills, K, shrooms etc but I can only manage one if I'm straight. I cant sit down with my group and smoke with them all night.

If I smoke one strong weed joint straight everything gets bright and I get colour and some shapes when i close my eyes....... I only see black normally when I close my eyes and cannot imagine colour or shapes normally so the effects are pretty pronounced... but like I said I also nearly always white out and feel shit to go with these effects so I rarely smoke unless on something else.

I usually have a joint when straight every few months because I forget how much it really fucks me up! the sick/whitey feeling outweighs the constant thoughts and CEV/brightness

mental-tessy said:
/\ I can smoke spilff after spliff if I'm on pills, K, shrooms etc but I can only manage one if I'm straight. I cant sit down with my group and smoke with them all night.

quite logic to me. there is no use in smokin three pure ganja spliffs in a row ( unless u share em with more than 5 persons and unless u put more than 2 gr in a spliff)

I've never had any hallucinations on weed ever. No colors, no shapes, no visuals of any kind. I've smoked all kinds of different weed, I've been to Amsterdam, I've taken time off and then smoked my brains out, I've smoked LARGE quantities of nugs to the dome in a matter of a few hours, and every time I just get high.

I usually get CEV if I am reasonably high and haven't been on a smoking binge recently. The effects are boosted if I've had any stronger things within the last few days, depending on how visual said stronger things are. Don't expect anything incredible, it's mostly 2-d colors moving and dancing (for me often lots of larger and smaller circles, thousands... they can make patterns but usually not unless I'm fucked enough that modest visuals are not the center of my attention. ;) ). I can't be sure I consistently got CEV before ever doing any psychedelic drugs.

Tips if you want to try to get CEV (definitely don't need all but some help):
1. Have tripped recently
2. Don't have smoked recently
3. Be well rested
4. Get really high! Pure sativa seems preferable
5. Be in a dark place. Ideally sensory deprivation. Also try a single light source, not too bright in a dark area (i.e. computer screen)
6. Use music to boost your fucked-up-ness, and get as into it as possible. For me the peaks of jam music, where there is the most "it," are ideal.
7. Don't try to get visuals, relax into being really gone and then notice if anything is going on visually.
8. Keep your eyes closed... it takes several seconds if not more for CEV intensity to ramp up.
9. Pixelation is often a precursor to CEV
10. When in doubt try rubbing your eyes to get a phosphene show (does some cool stuff when you are sober too, esp. in the dark). Just don't overdo it!

Good luck... keep in mind that not getting CEV has its benefits as well. If I am tired, sober and have smoked in the last couple of days I get mild OEV pixellation on white surfaces, which can get distracting.

"Hallucinations" is certainly not the right word, "visuals" is more fitting.

Blowmonkey said:
"Hallucinations" is certainly not the right word, "visuals" is more fitting.

i think so 2 , let's not exaggerate, ppl who read this might think they r bound to have real hallucinations when they smoke. better drop some acid;)

How about light trails? I used to get them all the time and i would think everything was melting or flying towards me. Now it usually takes a couple day break and song bong rips. video games are the best with light trails

I haven't gotten any visuals since smoking some KB about 3 months ago. Hard to get anything after smoking for 4 years almost daily. But legs is right video games are awesome if you're high enough

when i first started smoking, i wouldn't get full blown tripping hallucinations, but i would see a lot of visuals.

the only hallucination i had off weed was one normal summer night at home. i had just come home from my friends house and we had smoked the normal amount of the normal nugget. i came home feeling fine and still very stoned. i looked at myself in the mirror and saw a half-beetle half-scorpion bug sitting on my shoulder.

my reaction time was slow so i watched it crawl towards my neck. then i started freaking out thinking it was going down my shirt. i then took off my shirt and searched my bathroom for like 10 minutes and found nothing of that sort.

Woah, you guys are missing out. I've been in a complete video game while stoned numerous times.

I'm in the passenger seat of a car while it's driving, and nothing looks/is real. The stoplight's edges are thick white lines that are all jaggedy (like v^v^v sort've).

Everything looked like a cartoon/videogame. The lights of the cars (the red brake lights) made game sounds that I've only heard electronically.

My friend turns into a monkey with no tail. Literally he has a monkey's body with his face and his goddam big ears.

Yeah. I guess you could call those hallucinations. Too bad I'm on SNRI's now and can't hallucinate for crap.

I've never gotten true visuals, but a lot of times when I'm really stoned I'll stare off into patterns like clouds or a tye dye tapestry or something and think I see things. Might just be my mind fuckin with me and wanting to see things though. Who knows.

I don't smoke that often but I usually always get visuals. Everything from cartoon looking vision, to rainbow patterns on objects and light trails. CEV's are pretty cool too. Mostly just more colorful patterns.

hydrobromide said:
I don't smoke that often but I usually always get visuals. Everything from cartoon looking vision, to rainbow patterns on objects and light trails. CEV's are pretty cool too. Mostly just more colorful patterns.

Shit, I wish I could get light trails and colorful patterns from weed. Even when I smoke a lot the most I get slightly cartoon looking vision and actual patterns(on a shirt, poster, etc) look a little cooler than they normally do. Maybe I just don't get good weed. I've never had weed as crystally and nice looking as the bud on this site. Hmmm...maybe I need a new dealer.:\

I remember once I hallucinated a bit. My friend had really bloodshot eyes. and as I was staring at them, they started turning backwards and became these two big white fireballs. It was strange...