• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Propylhexedrine (Benzedrex)

8o

I do have to, without a doubt, agree about the TASTE. The taste is beyond horrible! I think it's even worse than snorting Seconol (Reds). I did it once and only once. It was terrible.

Yea, one has to be real careful when swallowing the cotton. I'm sorry
"Riemann Zeta," had such a lousy experience. I've never really had any bad ride on Benzedrex. It's probably been almost ten years since I've had to use it. With my Dexedrine script and the Meth almost flowing in the streets here in the NW U.S., I just have not had a need. But, I have friends who still , occasionally use it.

I would think it might be better to not eat it on an empty stomach. Somewhere in these posts I read where someone actually squeezes it into hot coffee.

I do not recommend consuming the cotton with any hot beverage. And a guy I use to work with actually had heard me and my friends talk about "eating" Benzedrex, so he went and bought one.

When I saw him the next day, (get this--->) he said, "I broke open the container and when I was getting in the shower I popped the cotton in my mouth and started chewing it." I ask him, "you really did not do that, did you?" He tells me, "how can you stand the taste?"

(God, I just can't imagine someone doing that)

He said he gagged, choked, coughed, and gagged some more, but he said by the time he made it to work, he was red hot and rollin'! So, be very careful with the cotton.

On the point of extraction of the propylhexedrine from the lavender and menthol; I know folks who have certainly given it a whirl, with no success.

So, if anyone finds an extraction-method, please do post.

I, still, even afters years of ellivated mood adjustments, could feel one Benzedrex, but I would do two for a real good buzz.

I just chopped up a benzedrex inhaler and pulled out the cotton. CrystalRider you said that one end would be browner than the other, but niether was more brown than the other. Instead, about half of it was yellowish on one SIDE. Im guessing thats what you meant. I cut off all of the yellow part, and put it in 2 gelcaps. It seemed like the logical thing to do so I wouldnt taste it. I just took them and will let yall know how it is.

Here in california its a prescription item... Um where does one obtain these?

Nothing noticable, and I stay awake for 24 hours on 20mg of Adderall.

Oh, and you theyre OTC in Texas at any grocery/drug store. Im guessing theyre OTC everywhere in the US.

Ok, so all in all, I got some mild stimulation that didnt make me euphoric or motivated. I just feel lazy and like I cant sleep. Oh yeah, and even if you dont taste this shit, youll be burping up the taste 6 hours later. I dunno, I guess its worth another try, or something to use to stay awake.

Word to swybs...

I mean really guys/gals...wouldn't a triple Mocha Latte w/ 3-5 extra shots of espresso added, just taste a hell of a lot better, and possibly work better? I don't know, I like opiates anyway- really can't stand speed (I'm naturally already there...8o), so maybe I don't know "what's up" on the tweak scene...

who the hell could concentrate on 400-600 mg caffeine?
not me, for sure.

ebola

8o 8o %)

"...wouldn't a triple Mocha Latte w/ 3-5 extra shots of espresso added, just taste a hell of a lot better, and possibly work better?"

Unless the ingredients have changed, where as there is no propylhexedrine (250mg) in the product makeup, the above statement of Benzedrex being no better than a Mocha Latte is, and with all due respect for "soundphaRm," absolutely FALSE!

It's like comparing coffee to meth.

Additionally, unless obtainment has changed dramatically in California, Benzedrex is sold throughout the United States as an OTC medication. I have never known it to be a perscription med anywhere. I have not purchased one for consumption in California since 1991, so who knows.

I think it might be of good information should someone reading this be a California resident to make comment about the fact of Benzedrex "now" being a perscribed medication.

When Benzedrex is fresh, within its plastic container, and after you break it open, the cotton material that actually contains the Prophylhexedrine (250mg) will have a brown/yellowish-brown color at one-end, usually covering about one-fourth to one-third of the entire cotton.

It will be concentrated enough to be a dark color and very noticeable at one-end. As Benzedrex sits on the shelf, the older it is, the more it tends to thin-out, thoughout the entire cotton.

It's color lightens with age. I, personally, always check the expiration date on the outside of the plastic housing. If the date is less than one-year from the date I am purchasing, I DO NOT BUY IT!

Fresh Benzedrex usually has an expiration date of over one-year and if you're really lucky closer to two years on its expiration date.

The further the expiration date is from your "date of purchase," the fresher the Benzedrex. On a couple of occasions, when I have not been paying the attention that my purchase required, I have bought expired benzedrex. It is always part of our "civic-duties" to inform the pharmacy that their supply of Benzedrex is "out-of-date."

At times, via the store, I have received a (well looky here) replacement pack.

One should ALWAYS REMEMBER, " do not jump-the-gun when it comes to waiting for the effects. Some people it takes 5-10 minutes and, not uncommonly, with others it can take up to an hour before a quality effect is achieved.

I would always caution not to overdose on Benzedrex. Like any other stimulant, too much can be achieved too soon. Always wait and see, at least give it an hour.

I noticed a comment was made about the fact of "burping" that famous "Benzedrex-taste." It is a taste, which is so distinct, that you will have no questioning in naming it, "the benzedrex taste. Pepsi has its taste and Benzedrex, without a doubt, has its taste.

Unlike Pepsi, however, one good mouthful of the :p Benzedrex taste :p ," and you may have had enough for the rest of your life! And it is this taste, the Benzedrex :p Taste, which, unfortunately, stops many from ever pursuing the truely quality effects of the drug infused into its cotton holder, which is wrapped in its hard pastic shell.

In a way, like M&M's, Benzedrex melts in your mouth, not in your hand. But, unlike the joy and Glee achieved with the melting of M&Ms in your mouth, Benzedrex will stop you and your future high, DEAD IN YOUR TRACKS. Dead-in-your-tracks means an Immediate and absolute removal of the taste, and you will stop at nothing in your attempts to rid yourself of probably, if not, the worst taste you may very well experience for all of your life.

From the 70's, where Benzedrex was 99 cents, up to 1995, where the cost had skyrocketed to $5.49, I have, for myself, developed a technique for a safe and sane Benzedrex ride.

First I cut off the dark (brown-yellowish brown) end. Secondly, the cut-off dark piece, for the most part should be no more than one-third the entire length of the cotton-retainment piece.

NEXT: Get a glass of (and this is a critical part of taking the drug and avoiding the exceptionally :p well-recognized taste) ICE COLD Pepsi, Coke, water, etc. , WITHOUT ICE.

NEXT: Set the part of the cotton you cut off containing the drug in the middle of your tongue. Immediately and with a steady and continuous action, gulp down the beverage. Do not stop until your glass in completely empty and if you feel the necessity to down another glass,still without ice , DO IT AGAIN!

Then, with it swallowed, give it, at least one whole hour.

Remember, with Benzedrex, due to its "trademark" :p taste, once (heaven forbid) you have made "contact" with the taste, the ease of changing your prime directive from getting high to getting rid of the taste, is almost natural.

Good luck, and Happy trails.

I don't know if this has been said but if you cut up the cotton and everything

then put it in 1 square toilet paper ' like you are parachuting crushed pills' then swallow you don't taste it AT ALL and you don't even have to worry about the taste

I put mine in gelcaps and was burping up the taste 12 hours later. Oh and I guess it did do more than I thought, because I took it at 2pm or so, and only got 4 hours of "halfway sleep" from 2-6am. I guess it just doesnt have that euphoric rush im use to from amphetamines.

Originally posted by Crystalrider

I do have to, without a doubt, agree about the TASTE. The taste is beyond horrible! I think it's even worse than snorting Seconol (Reds). I did it once and only once. It was terrible.

You had SECONAL, the barbituate?... and snorted it.... oh man. You should have swallowed it.... :X 8(

I read elsewhere (in at least two different places) that Benzedrex inhalers have a "pH of about 11," or have a "pH similar to bleach." I can not verify this, but if it is true, the extremely basic nature of Benzedrex could cause some serious damage to your GI tract if you swallow the cotton rod. That would explain the sickness it causes some people when they eat the cotton. Therefore, I would suggest you extract the propylhexedrine somehow before ingesting it.

After reading these posts, I have looked in every pharmacy in this little part of the east coast and can find no such inhaler anywhere, or any pharmacist who even knows what they are.

Maybe I should just get some meth :D

I just bought benzedrex in CA a couple weeks ago. And i saw it at the pharmacy the other day. Yes, its propylhexedrine, but it doesnt appear to be scheduled in CA......

honestly, for those reading this and who have never tried this--the taste really can't be even described...it is very, very nasty. The high is not a high, but more a caffiene, headache inducing, stomach problem plagued nastiness. I suppose if one was desperate, but after reading the post above (see concerns about GI tract), I would avoid this. Also, these are available at nearly every pharmacy and can be ordered over internet, if that desperate. But my advise: stay away...

swybs

so has anyone figured out yet how to extract the powder out of this stuff?

maybe using a different sort of alcohol to evaporate it rather than ethanol?

is there a way you can smoke the shit?

any info on this as a study aid? i hav lots or reading/wiritng coming up my my classes, and have no access to adderall or ritalin (my tired and tru study aids). will this help my concentration and motivation, or just lead to high dose caffeine or ephedrine jitters with no effect on concentration

any info appreciated

8o

One thing I have learned from reading this thread and similar others is the fact that there are different experiences from different people.

I did Benzedrex regularly from the mid 80's to the mid 90's, and its ingrediants is the same as it was in 1974. I additionally have shared it with folks who were all considered high dose meth people and they all got a meth-quality effects.

Lastly, a long time user said another way to avoid the taste is to wrap the cotton end you cut off to eat in toiilet paper before preparing to swallow.