• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Propylhexedrine (Benzedrex)

I just tried this today (250mg), I must also say I'm surprised at it's potency (not as bad 'jitters', like Adderall has, which I also take). I hope the comedown doesn't beat me ass as usual! I just used it to stay wake today. Last night not even my seconal and temazzies were knockin me out.

But as far as reasonably compared to the illegal drugs. Couldn't even come close to sulfate or meth (but then again I IV those). "Cocaine".....maaaaybe (again not IVed :D)...... cuz nowadays it seems like it's cut w/ shit to where you feel that more than the blow.

Is there the same erotic component to propyl as there is with amphetamines?

squeeze out a whole lemon (cut one end off and juice it), cut the cotton from the benzedrex into 6 peices, soak 24 hours in the lemon juice (squishing the cottons with a fork repeatedly). remove cottons, and mix lemon juice with a glass of sweet tea. the best arnold palmer you ever had, lol! and the only way to do it IMO

I ate a cotton, an old already sniffed one at that, and teh buzz was pretty decent but i've been having shit and a very painful stomach for the past few days, it really has been agony at times, seems better now though. WOnt risk the cotton eating again though i reckon.

People appear to usually overshoot what would be a good dose for someone with little or no tolerance to stims.

ebola

trypt said:
I read elsewhere (in at least two different places) that Benzedrex inhalers have a "pH of about 11," or have a "pH similar to bleach." I can not verify this, but if it is true, the extremely basic nature of Benzedrex could cause some serious damage to your GI tract if you swallow the cotton rod. That would explain the sickness it causes some people when they eat the cotton. Therefore, I would suggest you extract the propylhexedrine somehow before ingesting it.
This would make sense about the pH. When I tried extracting the goodies from the cotton in a styrofoam cup, it ate holes right through the cup. Can't be too good for the body!!

Well, it's my understanding that basic solutions don't tend to eat through plastics, so what happened could perhaps be chalked up to non-polar solvents in the inhaler.

ebola

I do not have written permission from the original writter. However, this is very complete, and either methods would work.

SWIM has a question regarding his technique of extracting propylhexedrine from Benzedrex inhalers, removing the menthol using petroleum ether, then converting it to more-or-less pure propylhexedrine HCl.

When SWIM does this, he first adds hydrochloric acid + H2O to the cut-up cotton rod from inside the inhaler, to convert the default freebase form to propylhexedrine hydrochloride. Once he's done this, he also likes removing the menthol added at the factory... far less harsh/nasty tasting and actually makes it snortable once the menthol is gone.

Anyway, here's the question: Should SWIM remove the menthol right after applying HCl + water to the cotton, or much later in the procedure after he has evaporated the solution?

In other words, he has two choices about when to perform this step to remove the menthol:

(1) Right after acidifying to convert/extract the propylhexedrine. Once it's sat for awhile, he removes the cotton/discards it and is left with a fairly acidic solution. Option 1 has him adding petroleum ether immediately after this step, shaking well, allowing the layers to separate and then siphoning off and discarding the petroleum ether. He then takes the acidic propylhexedrine HCl solution (now hopefully no longer adulterated with menthol) and evaporates it.

(2) The second option to remove menthol is at the end of the procedure, after evaporation and collecting the crystals. He would then re-hydrate the PPX HCl using dh2o, add petroleum ether, shake, siphon off petroleum ether (to remove the menthol) and perform a *second* evaporation to once again end up with dry crystals.

For obvious reasons of simplicity SWIM would prefer (1) above, but he isn't sure if the procedure is optimal using a nonpolar solvent with an acidic-as-hell solution. Option (2) above is pH-neutral after rehydration, so would this by any chance be more effective in removing menthol?

squeeze out a whole lemon (cut one end off and juice it), cut the cotton from the benzedrex into 6 peices, soak 24 hours in the lemon juice (squishing the cottons with a fork repeatedly). remove cottons, and mix lemon juice with a glass of sweet tea. the best arnold palmer you ever had, lol! and the only way to do it IMO

^ this is a repugnant concoction. a full glass of menthol/lavender juice yummy. just what you want - increasing the amount of vileness that must cross your tongue. there is no way to mask the taste aside from an extraction or gel capping the cotton afaik.

Last edited:
sounds interesting, tho i dont think i would ever do inhalers...not my thing, not after duster...=\

havnt tried ephedra either but that sucks about the comedown.

oh god does duster suck...but benzedrex is a good deal homie.

I hit up the Benze's when I can't get any addy or equivalent amphetamine, so roughly my experience with this god awful tasting stim is around a year.

The best method I have found it gellin' it. Extracting would be, if there was a decent/not taking a week/need uber amount of equipment(hard to stash) method.

I don't bother taking it if I can't hit 1G (4 Douches) of it at a time. Anything less is a mere petty walk in the park. (I blame my stimulant tolerance)

1.5G (Roughly 83mg a pill). Using Gel 000's:

(Last normally 6+ Hours, typically longer around 8-10 depending on what else I take with it)

I'm not sure about the rules regarding posting links in the OD forum... However, if you're wondering where you can pick up the product the manufacturer has a really convenient store locator at:

http://www.bfascher.com/storelocator.html

Punch in your zip code then select the benzedrex inhaler from the product list and it will provide you with a list of stores in your area that carry it.

I have a couple of questions about propylhexedrine, so I figured I would post in here rather than start a new thread.
If you google kitchen crank an extraction method comes up and the result is propylhexedrine powder. I was wondering if anyone has tried this extraction and if the final product is worth it? Does snorting it hurt or burn? What is the drip like? Would parachuting the powder be effective? Is there euphoria? And lastly is it possible for the powder to be made into a freebase?
I am kind of curious about benzedrex (because I cannot find adderall anywhere right now,) but I have no intentions of ingesting any of the nasty shit the causes so many people to violently vomit.

It has terrible PNS stimulation, im suprised no ones posted about having a heart attack or stroke yet.

There are four big problems that benzedrex presents
1. The Hydrochloric Acid and Pepsin in your stomach literally work in overdrive to get cotton through the small intestine and out of the body. This over time will reduce your bodies ability to absorb nutrients in the SI because HCL and Pepsin levels are not static. Cotton also tends to block a lot of stuff from entering the SI through the phospholipid bilayer because it blocks the villi which tell nutrients, drugs, etc. where to enter the cells.

2. Propylhexedrine in a 250mg dose is one hell of a decongestant on the day of its misuse and the next day breathing becomes an issue and congestion not only of the sinuses, lungs, etc. but also the major arteries in the body become dilated which can cause a myriad of problems.

3. Propylhexedrine loots your synapses of any dopamine, norepinephrine, epinephrine & serotonin which obviously brings on depression, exhaustion & damage to primarily pre-synaptic vesicles. This also applies to peripheral nerves that are also stimulated due to the hit and miss nature of the drug so bye bye to many of the neurons that will tingle like the chills after indulging in the cotton.

4. Finally, tolerance will set in when frequent buys after maybe a prescription runs short and a buzz or wake up call is needed. Tolerance in this case means that your arteries and veins will choke off Oxygen to the brain and that is always a great finish.

*However, take off the wrapper, twist the nasal piece out, chop in 8 slices and euphoria, pupil dilation, unproductive energy and overwhelming confidence ensues. At least this is true for swim who explained all the above. He knows his shit. :)

^well either way i refuse to eat the cotton.... i will soak it in lemon juice before eating the cotton. but i really want answers from someone who has actually done and tried the extraction... if there is someone out there who has actually done it.

As for the PH...why don't you just get a glass of some warm water, dissolve some baking soda, and plop the cotton in? and drink the water ...very quickly? lol
I have never tried. you tell me.