• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Propylhexedrine (Benzedrex)

I have to disagree ^^^, in theory--at least. I have tried this more than once and both times, I would never do this again. As for comparing it to a meth high, I have to absolutely disagree. I have done meth of all qualities...from source/expert supercook shit to low-grade meth. Bottom line, this nasal decongestant is nothing--nothing--like meth. I wouldn't even compare it to any amp-like drug--not even ritalin...pure caffeine pills would make for a better awaking feeling...so, sorry to disagree, but before anyone reads this and cuts open one of these inhalers, think twice (or 4 times, like I did, where each time I tried to reach this so-called high). As for trying to use it to study? Not. In fact, I reckon you will spend more time in the bathroom, thinking about throwing up, burping the poison, or wondering about how the potentially harmful PH levels are going to harm you long term.

8o

Well, after reading all the "common sense" replies, I'd have to say something certainly has changed in the ingrediants. So, being it's 2004, I would suggest to anyone to forget about this product and stick with things we know work.

I will no longer be recommending it to anyone....

Let's move on to more safe and sane substances!

euphoricnod said:
Here in california its a prescription item... Um where does one obtain these?

I live in Cali as well and I buy these OTC.

Picked up two at my local Rite Aid.

neurotoxic said:
I just found out about Benzedex's recreational potential, went out and bought a couple inhalers and took about ~400mg orally...

I wasn't expecting too much, but this stuff really does clear your head and allows you to concentrate. A much better OTC study aid than ephedrine IMHO..... though I haven't yet experienced the comedown. 8(
There's not much of a comedown (at least if one isn't sleep deprived) but it seems to take *forever* to be able to eat/sleep normally, even long after most other effects have worn off. Also, heart rate can remain well above normal for very, very, very long periods of time.
Also, any ideas how much brain damage I might be doing? I'd assume at least some neurotoxicity considering propylhexedrine's chemical similarity to methamphetamine, but I'm no neuroscientist. Can't find info on that ANYWHERE!
Personally I'd worry a lot more about the chances of having a stroke on this stuff than anything to do with brain damage. Given some of the worse side effects people experience (e.g. blinding headaches, ears ringing, going in and out of consciousness) a person better hope they have no weak/marginal cerebral blood vessels. Or take propylhexedrine with enalapril and a beta blocker (atenolol, propranolol, labetalol) if you can get your hands on some.... it's probably a lot safer that way.

P.S. given that I like the high (not to mention am a cheapskate & can't afford any better sometimes) I'm very happy so many people think propyl's a miserable, crappy and worthless substance. Thanks guys, you've probably helped extend its OTC availability another 5 or 10 years.

I just recently been doing these alot... Benzedrex is extremely addicting so beware, I know every location its sold within a 20 mile radius of where I live and thats not good. I have had 3 stores remove Benzedrex from their shelves because of me. Every day im debating on whether I want to do it or not, I do but I don't know if I should. I am up to taking 1 and a half cottons twice a day probably 4 or more times a week, not good and I know I need to quit soon. It just feels soooo euphoric and having a cigarette when peaking is like the best feeling I have ever had and I get that feeling everytime I do it.
Beware, I have yet to have any health problems and I been doing these like crazy but still tryin to be somewhat cautious with them by taking multivitamins and eating healthy. and the comedown is easily avoidable by eating plenty of sugary stuff.

Above poster, I don't think your only problem is being able to find these in a thirty-mile radius but maybe some sort of addictive personality mixed with extreme placebo elevation syndrome. To the other folks, don't be swayed by this-this stuff is like eating out Mrs. Claus asshole after she sat, and dipped, her ass in noxious chemicals. Two words: stay away. Buy real drugs cause this garbage will just make you sick.

And, again, to poster above who "just loves a cig during peaking"-im surprised you aren't throwing up from eating the cottons (4 a day!?!)-can you please answer 2 questions: how old are you? And do you have any diagnosed mental illnesses relating to compulsive behavior? I'm not trying to be a dick, I just want fair disclaimer for others who may read your post.

swybs said:
Above poster, I don't think your only problem is being able to find these in a thirty-mile radius but maybe some sort of addictive personality mixed with extreme placebo elevation syndrome. To the other folks, don't be swayed by this-this stuff is like eating out Mrs. Claus asshole after she sat, and dipped, her ass in noxious chemicals. Two words: stay away. Buy real drugs cause this garbage will just make you sick.

And, again, to poster above who "just loves a cig during peaking"-im surprised you aren't throwing up from eating the cottons (4 a day!?!)-can you please answer 2 questions: how old are you? And do you have any diagnosed mental illnesses relating to compulsive behavior? I'm not trying to be a dick, I just want fair disclaimer for others who may read your post.

lol...I can only imagine how bad this shit is. If it's similar to over-dosing on ephedrine then count me out.

I actually find Benzedrex to be one of the better (well pretty much the only one, along with nitrous and DXM) OTC drugs. The first time I did it I noticed some slight euphoria, along with concentration and focus very similar to Adderall.
However, after a few times, I definitely noticed it really gave me this nice, peaceful euphoria, moreso than Adderall. Worth doing, I'd say.

Can anyone tell me how does Propylhexedrine compares with BZP?
(they're both stimulants with very pronounced side effects, they seem similar in a way; did anyone try the both?)

EveryStar said:
I actually find Benzedrex to be one of the better (well pretty much the only one, along with nitrous and DXM) OTC drugs. The first time I did it I noticed some slight euphoria, along with concentration and focus very similar to Adderall.
However, after a few times, I definitely noticed it really gave me this nice, peaceful euphoria, moreso than Adderall. Worth doing, I'd say.

I think this guy nailed it. I ate 20 mgs of adderall w/ cotton (soaked end cut) then shreaded into three capsules. Nice buzz! almost trippy a bit! burps actually taste good (later they were annoying) and minimal GI problems, ( i thoroughly inspected my fecal byproduct, nothing worse than bad ceral)

def worth it, like maybe once a month. so occasionally. throwiing in a dexie, or addie, or ritty wouldn't hurt either. but just a bit.

P.S> I do believe companies like Benzedrine and Robitusson are adding ingrediantes to make thier products nasty!! RObo makes you shit your pants and vomit now!!! (not in the olden days!) Benzedrine has a funky pungunt odor. I just don't mind it much, because i use to inhale benze for real nasal decongestant (of which it is FANTASTIC!) but many ppl hate the taste/smell

of course Benzedrine, (the old Benzedrex) , was the first psychotropic drug to cause true cultural movement of art. i.e . Jack Kerouac, Allen ginsberg, etc. . were like the pre-hippies who used speed instead of LSD to really question thier enviroment and society; not to mention crazy homo orgies and improv beat-nic poems n shit. pretty funny the whole history. very very interesting

jasoncrest said:
Can anyone tell me how does Propylhexedrine compares with BZP?
(they're both stimulants with very pronounced side effects, they seem similar in a way; did anyone try the both?)
My lab animals have been fed both propylhexedrine and 2C-B-BZP (which should be similar enough to BZP) and frankly BZP is better. At least in lower doses, combined with gabapentin. More euphoria. But they are different substances, and you might want to try both... IME the effects are not very similar at all.

swybs said:

Sheesh, this is either a backhanded attempt to keep people from trying propylhexedrine and thus keep it legal, or a typical BL'er elevating his personal preferences/reactions to the status of Universal Law... I'll opt for the latter explanation...

Propylhexedrine is an awesome stimulant for some people. I have had "real" speed, and propylhexedrine is -- if anything -- BETTER. Less sketchiness, less peripheral effects, less crash, maybe a little less euphoria but still an awesome buzz. "Placebo elevation syndrome"? LOL! You're not talking to a 14-year-old here. I know when I'm high, and Benzedrex gets me there. 250mg is plenty for this 180-lb male.

I don't know why people keep asking how to extract it, it's ridiculously easy. Take out the cotton, soak it in lemon juice overnight, et voila. Throw away the cotton and drink the juice. I have no clue why anyone would eat cotton, and I very much doubt it would even work very well because the cotton would act as a "time release", like the binder in a pill. I have not tried rectal administration yet, I hear that it probably wouldn't work well because of the vasoconstrictive effects, but I may give it a whirl at some point. After neutralizing the solution, of course... lemon juice up the bum wouldn't be pleasant.

Anyway, does anyone have any hard info about neurotoxicity? I am hesitant to use this stuff on even a semi-regular basis out of fear of potential brain damage. Yesterday I won $3500 playing poker while on propylhexedrine, I was playing my absolute A-game the whole time... obviously I got lucky, but there was no question that the stimulant heightened my poker skills. Pretty damn good return on a $5.95 investment. However, brain damage isn't worth any amount of money. Any health risk info out there? Presumably the FDA approved this stuff at some point. I did find a couple of fatalities, but they were idiots who tried IV'ing the stuff...

BodhiSvaha33 said:
Anyway, does anyone have any hard info about neurotoxicity? I am hesitant to use this stuff on even a semi-regular basis out of fear of potential brain damage.
Neurotoxicity aside, I would guess that regular propylhexedrine use would carry the same increased risk of stroke/heart attack as amphetamines. The FDA presumably approved it only for use in the (tiny) intended doses.

^ Tiny intended doses that were inhaled. Not like eating the cotton.

So yeah, one day I ate fucking two of those out of desperation and I remember standing up and feeling like my head was going to pop.

The hangover is longer than the high. Something that feels all that bad can't be all that fucking good. OK?

C

This stuff can trigger psychosis. This is the worst chemical ever to take to try to get high. DON'T DO IT.

Yeah right. I can name many worse. Wait, you're fucking right lad! That shit is such garbage, I can't even believe I was that desperate to eat them!

The psychosis accusation is true; I know from my own experience. Just the thought of the taste of the cottons makes sweat and cringe. Baaaarrrrfff!!!

Actually, any OTC stim that can trigger psychosis is a huge jump 'better' than any other stimulant available in yer corner drugstore. I mean, stimulant psychosis is caused by excess dopamine, which is also what delivers most of the pleasure ;). Instead of worrying that it "can" cause psychosis, use it responsibly (I know, I know...).

P.S. if you ask me, what's cause for concern is more the substantial peripheral side effects, which could likely cause stroke or a heart attack in susceptible individuals. Highly recommend having benzos + other downers around to anyone who tries the stuff, and DON'T start at a high dose by any means; 1/2 an inhaler at most on the first try. If you experience anything nasty (unlikely but possible), don't get near propylhexedrine again.