• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Propylhexedrine (Benzedrex)

neurotoxic

Ex-Bluelighter
I just found out about Benzedex's recreational potential, went out and bought a couple inhalers and took about ~400mg orally...

I wasn't expecting too much, but this stuff really does clear your head and allows you to concentrate. A much better OTC study aid than ephedrine IMHO..... though I haven't yet experienced the comedown. 8(

There certainly is some subtle euphoria at this dosage, like a smoother and less manic Adderall buzz.

Just out of curiousity, anyone (other than this poor fucker) bothered to IV this stuff? Good rush or what?

Also, any ideas how much brain damage I might be doing? I'd assume at least some neurotoxicity considering propylhexedrine's chemical similarity to methamphetamine, but I'm no neuroscientist. Can't find info on that ANYWHERE!

how many insides was 400mg. Also, how did you orally use (eg, swallow the whole pellet)? Any info on the comedown yet;>?

Also, interesting case. Seems as though the guy used for quite a long time before dying--hmm...

-swybs

There's 250mg in each inhaler. At first I wasn't sure how to go about ingesting the propylhexedrine, so I ended up wasting a good amount of the first inhaler. I'd estimate the total dosage I took between 300-400mg.

To begin with, sniffing the stuff up your nose as directed works and it kicks in pretty quickly. Also, I think inhaling the stuff into my lungs through my mouth worked half decently as well. After sucking on the inhaler for awhile, I opened it up and ate the cotton. The End. ;)

The slight euphoria and enhanced concentration lasted for about 6 hours.

The comedown sucks, it's like Adderall but different....I wouldn't say it feels any worse though.

sounds interesting, tho i dont think i would ever do inhalers...not my thing, not after duster...=\

havnt tried ephedra either but that sucks about the comedown.

I dont find these thing euphoric, but i do admit there is CNS stimulation. I suppose any CNS stimulation can be percieved as "good" if you like stimulants, but its not euphoric in the traditional sense, or at least from my trials with propylhexedrine...........

If anybody is considering trying this, I'd recommend starting at an extremely low dose one's first time (1/4 pellet?), and not increasing it until the following day.

Is this available OTC in the UK? I haven't been able to find any information about "benzedrex" on google, other than they used to contain benzedrine...

Hmm IS there a step-by-step guide for abusing Benzedrex? I can't seem to find one here on bluelight

RyanM said:
this sounds really interesting actually

I think I might go to walgreens or something to look around for Benzedrex inhaler since it's only $5.49 on their site so it's probably around that price in the real store

You don't have to be 18 to buy it do you?

I went to walmart last week and APPARENTLY you have to be 18 now to buy computer duster I was so mad

I don't know if it was that lady if she was super smart or something but I put the can on the little whatever it's called that moves

she's like do you have ID? I'm like "yeah I'm 17 though" "you have to be 18 to buy this" "you have to be 18 to buy computer duster that cleans your keyboard" "yes i'm sorry" "ooooo k"

This isn't anything like huffing is it? you don't pass out do you? hmm you said the comedown is like adderall okay but so does this actually give you a little bit of energy then?

with huffing you just have the huge head rush,that crazy sound and then you keep doing it then you pass out then do it blah blah blah

is this more of an upperish thing? or a pass out huffing thing?

NO ITS NOT LIKE HUFFING, DONT HUFF SHIT DUDE... yeah ive done it before and regret it, it just kills your brain.

the inhaler in question is kinda like an amphetamine... this is how you do it (or it was how i did it and it worked)

... take the inhalers--- extract the insides--- put it in some coffee and squeeze it up against the sides of the cup a cuple times and drink the coffee and leave the cotton type thingy's in there... your experianced with adderall right? Well you would probably enjoy these, when you cant get your amphetamines.

propylhexedrine in UK

Is this available OTC in the UK? I haven't been able to find any information about "benzedrex" on google, other than they used to contain benzedrine...

No, 'fraid not. For a few years, propylhexedrine was a class C in the UK. It was removed from the MDA about 2 years ago, but no-one has bothered to start making decongestant inhalers with it since

I just swallowed the whole cotton thing so that's 250mg it's been like 5-10minutes I can't feel it so I need atleast 500mg then soo I'm going to try to have someone buy me more then

RyanM said:
I just swallowed the whole cotton thing so that's 250mg it's been like 5-10minutes I can't feel it so I need atleast 500mg then soo I'm going to try to have someone buy me more then

if you swallow the cotton whole, it will not kick in within 5-10min.

8o

Benzedrex! One of the last "great goodies," on the store shelf. Yea, Benzedrex, 250mg of proplhexedrine. It's the last inhaler to sport "tweak-grade" speed.

Once, I've been told, there was alot of these speed-based inhaler brands. The grandest of them all was Wyamyin, with it's 500mg of propylhexedrine. In the beginning days, I'm told, prices were 49 cents for Benzedrex and 59 cents for the big W.

I remember Benzedrex, when I was 12, at being 99 cents. Yea, they didn't use to be boxed individually. They use to come, 50 in a box, each wrapper in shrink-type plastic sealing the inhaler. They were easy to grab a whole handfull of them. It use to be easy to take twenty and pay for two.

Reading the stuff about "eating the whole cotton," made me fucking cringe, for God's sakes, I mean, "really cringe!!!!!!!!" I would like to watch someone actually swallow the whole cotton.

It's got to be a rush, absolutely, not worth experiencing, ever again.

For those of you who are not familiar with "Benzedrex," well, it might be a good speed, but it has got a taste that if you just got a speck-of-a-taste, you'd probably really regret it, I mean; REALLLLLLLLLY, really, with-out-a-doubt, regret it.

Which, of course, brings me to the point of why I started to write this post.

There is a safe and sane (in the initial taking of the first hit) way to do-benzedrex, without all the agony, puking, gaging, and maybe in the extreme, choking, coughing, while "the Benzedrex "fumes," fill every nook and cranny of your throat, mouth, eyes, and nasal cavity, at the least.

1) Buy Benzedrex. ( If its behind the counter, you have to be 18 )
( If its on the shelf, probably not. )

2) In side the bright GREEN BOX will be your official Benzedrex Inhaler.
)You will notice it is made of plastic and if you just take a sniff, well
it is not seem to bad, but its not the best of smells either.)

3) Cracking into the Inhaler.
The Inhaler's container is made-up of two separate plastic peices, which fit together by having the nose-piece (goes into your nose) inserted into the main part of the inhaler's structure.

a) Some folks hit it with a hammer, or crush it with pliers. The proper ettiquet for opening up a Benzedrex Ride is:
make a fist. Inside the fist, insert the main round cylinder (lower piece) into the hand, grasping firmly.

b) Now, using the fingers, of the other hand,, hold the nose-piece and the idea is to use a motion on both peices that copy the same motion of breaking a stick.

It's not hard! Be firm and exert a bit of force..

4) you'll hear and/or feel a successful and well-deserved "crack."

5) now comes the delecate task, getting fresh** Benzedrex Nectar from its Cotton-fruit," without all the taste-testing!

6) Tasting, should never be an option. UNACCEPTABLE!

a) the cotton inside the Inhaler will be about the size of two-thirds of a non-filter cigarette.

**You will notice, IF YOUR BENZEDREX is FRESH. Fresh means everything. Benzedrex, like all quality products is a "dated-product." If its expiration date is less than one-year, do not buy it.

Fresh Benzedrex should have an expiration date from one to two years from the day you buy it. I accept nothing less than over a year. If your product has less than a year, two things occur; 1) the product dries out, reducing the amount of mg. 2) the product will not be fortifide/ concentrated in one-end.

The cotton inside, which you have just extracted, will have one end of the cotton "browner," than the other end. Most of the time, you will notice it right away. If you cannot notice; holding the cotton up to a 100watt bulb, to let the light pass thru the cotton, will reveal the "Nectar" to the level you seek.

Where you see the concentration of product, about one-quarter to one-half inch of the cotton, that is the piece of the cotton, YOU WANT TO CUT OFF.

Pay CLOSE attention to the process to ingest without tasting. If you taste it, you probably will end your Benzedrex experience right then and there.

The only correct and sane way to eat a Benzedrex is to take the piece(s) from your cuttings, set them in front of you. GET an ice-cold beverage, without the ice. Take a sip of the beverage, so as to wet your mouth.

Carefully, without breathing in, set the concentrated nectar on the small peice of cotton, on your tongue, and IMMEDIATELY chug-a-lug, as fast-as-possible, drink the entire glass of ice-cold beverage, swallowing the Benzedrex product.

Do not get it hung up in you throat. You'll be sorry!

The cotton is ejected by the body through your ass, less the product.

Taking Benzedrex on a steady and regular basis will dry your skin out as never before, especially your feet and hands, and make them crack, and become extremely sore.

I think I might have eaten thousands of them, just not in the last ten years, dope is just everywhere and cheap too, but other speed products are just a hell of a lot easier to do, but on the "Tweak-rating," well a couple of Benzies and your on your way to another endless spree, and you know how that feels... On the industry standard "tweak scale," I'd give two benzedrexs a 7 or 8. out of 10 adderal== 3, ritalin== 4, dexedrine== 7, desoxyn==10+5., meth==12+

Happy Trails and have a safe journey...

Correction/Adjustment for 17-09 post ...last great goodies...

8o

In my post of 17 September on Benzedrex:

So as not to confuse the part of the cotton ..."you want to CUT-OFF...,"

The piece you CUT-OFF is the piece you WANT TO EAT!

A long while ago, I tried eating a propylhexedrine cotton plug, two of them actually. I chopped them into small pieces and used a coke as my beverage. Everything was fine until about 4 hours later--I puked my fucking guts out in one of the most violent episodes of projectile vomiting I have ever experienced (the other was when my mate and I thought that tequila shooters would be a good idea after having had a few pints of beer). Trust me, this was a bloody awful experience: the taste, the smell, even the thought of the camphor and menthol soaked cotton still makes me gag.

Crystalrider said:
.... but on the "Tweak-rating," well a couple of Benzies and your on your way to another endless spree, and you know how that feels... On the industry standard "tweak scale," I'd give two benzedrexs a 7 or 8. out of 10 adderal== 3, ritalin== 4, dexedrine== 7, desoxyn==10+5., meth==12+....

What? ? For real? I haven't tried this stuff yet, but after reading that, assuming it's OTC in DC, then I'll definately give it a shot. So, you say, on a scale of 1-10, meth being a 12, you'd give it a 7 or 8? Better than adderal, ritalin (that's not hard to imaginge) dexedrine? Crazy. Definately worth checking out.

You learn something new everyday here - well not really, but it's neat to learn about new abusable drugs both street drugs and OTC. Of course ORC is better assuming that it's a real high and not a crappy nutmeg or caffeine high.

WORDS TO THE WISE!!!

this shit is nasty--the cotton is horrible to swallow, the high is not a high but rather a frantic, ILL, near-death feeling. To those of you who say this substance has a TWEAK FACTOR, I disagree completely and hope to never cross paths with the cooks you deal with. This shit is poison and I highly recommend you DO NOT try this--if you need to stay awake, drink some coffee...if you REALLY need to stay awake, DRINK EVEN MORE COFFEE...but, for the love of GOD, do not eat that putrid smelling cotton...it is bad, bad, bad. I was sick, sick, sick for 2 days and I only ate a half of the cotton contained in 1 container. If anyone disagrees, please post, since I know my experience was hellish. You couldn't PAY me to eat that again, and I have done some stupid OTC drugs in my lifetime.

-swybs

put it in everclear (95% ethanol) and let the cotton soak. Take the cotton out, let the alcohol evaporate, and you'll probably have pure powder.

^^^ JT, have you tried this?

I suppose I would give it one more swing, if it wasn't for that HORRIBLE experience with the cotton. I would be willing to try this, if it works; and, if so, is there a way to accelerate the evaporation (eg, hairdryer) of the everclear, without damaging the final results--and, if time must run its course for this to work, what is the average time period one waits for a the everclear to evaporate (also, should the cotton be aggravated while submerged in the everclear)?

-swybs

JTMarlin said:
put it in everclear (95% ethanol) and let the cotton soak. Take the cotton out, let the alcohol evaporate, and you'll probably have pure powder.
According to Clarke's Analysis of Drugs and Poisons, Propylhexedrine is miscible with ethanol, and menthol (one of the two inactive ingredients) is very soluble in ethanol. I haven't been able to find anything from a very reliable source on lavender oil (the other inactive ingredient), but all sites with info on its solubility say it is soluble in ethanol as well.

In other words, every ingredient is soluble in ethanol. So, if you're looking to extract just Propylhexedrine from a Benzedrex cotton with ethanol, I don't see it happening.