View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MiPT Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, lol, that sounds pretty hardcore. Those are like the kind of trips that are interesting to hear about, if you don't mind me saying so. Yeah, good thing you're okay after that, it sounds really addictive and it seems very potent. Tbh, hardcore substances like that make me apprehensive as hell, even amt itself made me queasy at first and I definitely had a low tolerance to that one. I really liked it though, but my connect moved out of state so I couldn't ever find it again. Is the 5-meo-amt anything like it, or do they just share the same naming scheme? They sure don't sound similar though. Something that makes lsd/shroom visuals seem mild must be pretty powerful though.

I definitely don't want to be the statistic on the news, as the first guy to die on a 4 sub trypt like an idiot. Heh, I'll definitely be cautious since I'll be testing combinations in the mean time.

5-MeO-AMT is the same as the other 5-methoxy tryptamines. It's incredibly potent (we are talking 2-3mg is enough for a ++ for most people) and its extremely long lived. Its called alpha,O-dimethylserotonin - go read the tihkal entry on it...https://www.erowid.org/library/books_online/tihkal/tihkal05.shtml

Even Shulgin himself had a lot of bad to say about that one.

Generally speaking, the 5-methoxy tryptamines are all significantly lower dose, more intense, and have a higher bodyload than their base tryptamines. But some of us found the experience to be worth the downsides. Luckily I never messed with 5-MeO-DiPT. There are stories of people going straight pcp psychotic from that crap on a dose that was just a few milligrams off of the dose they had a great time on two weeks prior.

Alright cool, I'll check those out. I haven't slept yet, and it seems like you haven't either, but I'll read them til I fall asleep. I'll check out a big and dandy if there is one over here. I'm interested in reading some reports on it.

Haha, nice, more reading material. I can be a nerd like that. Thanks.

Yeah, they were interesting for sure. Those are high doses too! I'm assuming the 5 IT was actually the 5 meo amt, especially based on the rest of the report, so that wasn't hard to decipher. But you're right, those kinds of visuals don't occur on lsd or shrooms. It's definitely more chaotic.

And it was funny that I also thought amt was enough on its own. Weed is usually my go-to substance along with any trypt/stim, but the only one I didn't combine it with was amt. I guess that's no coincidence, because I felt like the weed would potentiate the amt too much. This 5 meo amt really is different though. The amt I've taken felt like a candyflip, except more psychedelic.

Yes I should email them one of these days and let them know that AMT is known as IT-290 so I called it 5-IT... Not knowing 5-IT was a separate substance. Either way, people shouldn't mess with 5-MeO-AMT. It's one thing to activate a serotonin receptor.... Its a completely different thing to actually modify serotonin itself in such a way and send it through the brain. I honestly wonder if that ever got broken down... Still to this day I will have a 5-MeO-AMT flashback where I'll get tachycardia and start tripping and have to take a benzo.

But yeah when it comes to AMT... I never really felt the need to combine it with anything. We had a house party and all took AMT and smoked weed and we were so slow at the end of the trip it really sucked. I did combine it with DPT though... That was crazy... My friend and I were having the same trip... And we were ripping out holes in space... But man... That could have been such a disaster. We kept the doses low.

DPT scares me. It's the tachycardia that gets me with DPT. I don't know what I was thinking on that trip but I survived.

Last edited:
Haha, damn, I'll admit that those kinds of parties/kickbacks are the ones that I like. There's usually somebody going overboard but then they just party on and survive, though it's not advisable for everyone to do the same thing. I'm actually one of those people who kind of take it easy, most of the time.

I've never heard of dpt, but it sounds interesting. Damn, I really am behind on all the different chems out there. x.x If anything, I enjoy reading about them.

Yeah, I read the link you posted about Shulgin's notes on 5-meo-amt. That was most notable part of the substance too; how he was able to modify it to make it pass through, when there were 2 ways in which it was blocked from doing so. It's pretty unique, so no wonder the effects turned out to be unique as well.

Good stuff. Thanks, I enjoyed the reading material.

Unique and toxic lol. Serotonin was not meant to pass the blood brain barrier. Shulgin was a brilliant man. Such a loss to the world.

DPT is somewhere between DMT and mushrooms in my opinion. The thing that sucks is its all nasal unless you freebase it to oil and smoke it or you IM it. Oral dose is something like 400mg? It's another one I wouldn't push my luck on, it's pretty much guaranteed ego death every time.

Let's put it this way... Out of all the RCs, DPT has been legal the longest... Because people don't get access to it unless they can handle it and if they can't handle it they get the shit scared out of them so bad they never dare touch it again. Salvia and DPT are the punishers in the psychedelic world IMO. They don't fuck around and if you disrespect them they'll make you pay.

Haha, indeed, I don't look to get my ego obliterated often. It's just too...much of everything. I've had chances to try dmt, but I saw a friend freak out, start crying and bang his head against the wall, so I was like, "nah, I'll pass."

Of course, he wasn't having a very good trip at the time but harsh-on-the-mind psychs are daunting for me. If I wasn't peer pressured, I probably wouldn't have taken lsd more than a dozen times. So anything like dpt, dmt, or the like would just have me sitting there watching other people trip on it, heh.

I wonder if anyone is carrying on his work, maybe like his wife or his cohorts? Yeah, he was damn smart, and at least he laid the foundation for someone who will eventually pick up where he left off.

The first time I smoked DMT I thought I was dead.... And I couldn't integrate reality for like a month. Swore I was living in the matrix. And I was a hardcore psychonaut... So yeah... Fucked my world. But it wasn't just DMT. I think we smoked it at the peak of 2C-T-2 in the pipe we had also smoked 5-MeO-DMT out of lol. Man we were so irresponsible........

His work is being carried on for sure. Even our friends in China that are just skirting analog laws are building off of what he started. Shulgin started a ball rolling that will never end.

Status
Not open for further replies.