View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MiPT Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Should 4-ho-mipt be a greyish colour or is that what colour it goes when it has been oxidised, like 4-ho-dmt turns blue?

^^^^

According to The Professor, "4-HO-MIPT discolors quickly if it is not kept in an inert atmosphere and in a freezer." He doesn't say what color it is in its pure form, but I'm 99.99999% sure it should be a white powder, just like psilocin and iprocin (and most organic compounds in general). The grey-blue material that is (or was) around seems pretty potent, though. No idea just how pure it is, but a teeny bit of highly pigmented impurity can go a long way toward discoloring the whole sample.

Last edited:
If a FOAF had 20mg of 4-ho-mipt dissolved in water with a drop of HCl, and it had been sitting around for a couple of months unrefrigerated, would there be any concerns about the safety of taking it? The solution would have become totally black.

This combo of DPT and miprocin ranks among one of my best trips in recent years. I am eager to repeat the combo sometime in the near future.

The visuals on this combo are simply fantastic. There are no shortcomings from the mental aspect either. My trip was extremely profound and left a lot to integrate into my life.

The best way for me to decribe this combo is that the two simply feel like they are part of one another and they belong together. In the middle of the peak, taking either one away would have completely ruined the experience. Very hard to explain...

I have found NOTHING yet that will produce CEVs with the intensity that this combo will. Simply indescribable. =D

Last edited by a moderator:
phenethylamine said:
If a FOAF had 20mg of 4-ho-mipt dissolved in water with a drop of HCl, and it had been sitting around for a couple of months unrefrigerated, would there be any concerns about the safety of taking it? The solution would have become totally black.

My sample has done the exact same thing, although I had it dissolved in vodka. I have tried it since. The effects seemed larelgy the same to me. I don't know if there is any danger in taking it, but in my experience it was subjectively the same as when the material was first delivered to me. The only side effect I experienced that was a bit bothersome was the fact that every time I have tried this material, a flushing of the face was experienced. And a slight constriced feeling in the throat, almost as if some spectar had it's hand on my throat. Didn't enjoy that much, but the rest of the ride was nice.

^^yes i have that throat feeling too. it felt like it was telling me to stop smoking (tobacco), which i did recently (4 days now, wish me luck :))
i have not dissolved my sample though, its just airtight with a desiccant in the freezer

Here is a list of negative side effects that have been experienced by either myself or someone I was with while under the influence of 4-HO-MiPT.

> Nausea / vomiting (uncommon, increases with higher dosages).
> Diarrhea (more common for people who have this problem with other tryptamines).
> Gas / burping / bloating.
> Pupil dilation.
> Feeling of having a "lump in your throat."
> Increased body temperature / feeling warm or hot.
> Headache (uncommon, usually happens after the come-down).
> Trembling / shaking (uncommon, similar to what many people get on 4-HO-DET and 4-HO-DiPT, but much less severe).
> Feeling of having to urinate frequently, but you may not be able to.
> [EDIT] Jaw clenching. [/EDIT]

The only one that really bothers me is the last one. I get that feeling pretty much every time I've done 4-HO-MiPT. It usually comes after the comedown and lasts about 24 hours or so. Has anyone else noticed any other side effects?

Last edited:
I have. In fact, I stopped experimenting with it and destroyed my sample after my fourth use. Each time, I noticed something odd. The body high was a numbness and I was swollen.

When I come down, I start to realize that I've been seriously retaining fluid and my blood pressure is quite haywire. That "body high" isn't a good one to have, tingling in the extremities and around the chest isn't exactly a good thing. I'm thinking it may be extremely harsh, if not downright toxic, to the kidneys. And the heart just isn't a good thing to mess with, ever.

I still think that 4-HO-MET would have been a much better venture to bring into the market than 4-HO-MiPT. I had an off feeling about 4-HO-MiPT and a great feeling about 4-HO-MET. But I guess we will never know. *sigh*

hydrobromide said:

> Diarrhea (more common for people who have this problem with other tryptamines).
> Pupil dilation.
> Feeling of having a "lump in your throat."
> Increased body temperature / feeling warm or hot.

> Feeling of having to urinate frequently, but you may not be able to.

i've had these effects as well

These effects are also typical of Psilocybin/Psilocin. I didn't find anything particularly toxic feeling about 4-HO-MiPT, though I did notice a cardiovascular effect that had me slightly worried about moving to higher doses. I used 12mgs for my first and only experience with it, and I've taken 20mgs of 4-AcO-MiPT. For me, the acetoxy versions of the Psilocin analogs feel more toxic than the hydroxy versions despite the lower potency.

Many of the side effects listed here are common to many psychedelics (difficultly urinating, trembling, nausea, etc). I've experimented with this one maybe five or six times so far and I haven't noticed anything abnormally toxic about it that has me concerned. The worst side effect personally that I've noticed with it is that I do get somewhat of a hand tremble when I'm on it, but nowhere near as bad as I do with 4-HO-DET. I get the 'shakes' to some extent with many/most phsychdelics and this one doesn't cuase it bad enough to make me concerned. 4-HO-DET on the other hand had me shaking so bad it was ridiculous.

One weird thing I noticed though when I went to weigh out another dose this afternoon... The inside of the top of my vial (the white liner in the cap) was discolored and was a brown color. The compound itself still looks the same, I've just never seen one of the inside vial top liners discolor like that form something. There was a white circle around the outside edge where it contacted the vial and everything inside of the circle was brown. Really weird. My vial has been stored in a freezer, with dessicant and in a vacumn packed container.

It's a fantastic psychedelic though. As a matter of fact, I think it's my favortite of the synthetic tryptamines.

Wow.. People are using quite high doses of this chemical. 12mgs was enough for me to know what this chemical has to offer. It was amazing, though I didn't quite get out of the "recreational" zone. It was very intense, though I would like to try 16mgs next time and then maybe 20mgs.

16mg of miprocin was more than enough for me to reach a powerful +3. I'd prolly feel comfortable (physically) upping the dosage, but I am not sure what benifit it would have (mentally.)

The depth of the mental effects becomes much more pronounced at higher doses (even just 20-22mg). Also, the CEVs, go off the scale. I could see how much lower doses would be recreational, but it's a very deep psychedelic emotionally at 'non-recreational' doses.

Again, I'm not suggesting to anyone that 20-22mg is a 'typical' dose by any means, but physically it is safe a good ways above that level even. You just have to be mentally prepared for it. Even 20-22mg is quite intense, but this compound does seem to be pretty consistant in it's dose/response for me.

Physically, this one feels very safe to me and even in doses approaching or at 30mg I don't feel physically unsafe. However, the mental intensity becomes too intense when you hit the high 20's or 30mg level. At least for me it's not 'enjoyable' any longer because it's just too damn intense. However, the visuals (especially CEVs) are something else.

Some of my best trips (ever), even better than my heavy dose acid trips in high school were with this compound. You start hitting the mid-high 20's and it will split your head open like nothing ever has. I've had some very beautiful and profound experiences with miprocin, but these days it's 'easier' to just stay at around 20-22mg. It's a more fun (relaxed) experience, because I know next time I can always do 28mg again if I really need my head split.

Definitely one of my all-time favorite compounds. This one really appeals to me because it has very well-rounded mental effects once you hit your sweet spot and the intensity/depth of them can vary greatly within a physically safe range as long as you can handle the headtrip. I think this one will freak you out mentally before you reach a physically unsafe level with it.

Again, I will mention the incredible synergy this one has combined with DPT if anyone is interested in giving the combo a try (lower doses of each of course). The CEVs on this combo are so incredible, there's not even any point in openeing your eyes. I can simply sit with music on and my eyes closed and I'm in another world. I need to do this combo sometime soon again myself.

Damn, I sure can babble when it's about miprocin. =D

Last edited:
Miprocin is in top 6 in my list of all time "greatest serotonin psychedelics" along with lsd, 5-meo-dmt, 2c-e, mushrooms and iprocin. Miprocin seems very much equal to mushrooms (or psilocin) to me, I am quite convinced that most people couldn't distinguish them in blind tests. Perhaps that kind of test will be done some day.

anjovis said:
Miprocin is in top 6 in my list of all time "greatest serotonin psychedelics" along with lsd, 5-meo-dmt, 2c-e, mushrooms and iprocin. Miprocin seems very much equal to mushrooms (or psilocin) to me, I am quite convinced that most people couldn't distinguish them in blind tests. Perhaps that kind of test will be done some day.

I notice that mushrooms or psilocin gives me the ywans and sometimes a feeling I am not alone, not in the paranoid realms of thinking, but just being watched over in a loving way.

With Miprocin i don't get the yawns, nor the creeps! There both very similar IMHO in that feeling of oneness.

I hope 4-HO-MET comes my way someday so a can ponder its effects.

Miprocin is just as powerful as any true psychedelic. Me and a few friends have gone up to 32mg and at that level it is as much as 300µg+ of lsd or 3-4g of decent mushrooms. Sure it is easy around 10mg, but so is 100µg of lsd, 1g of mushrooms or 10mg of 2c-e. Mind your dose. It is stronger than iprocin on the same dose, perhaps by ~30%, so 20mg of miprocin would correspond to around 26mg of iprocin. This is only my personal opinion, other people's reactions can be different.

In Tihkal, someone found 20mg miprocin to be like 50mg psilocin. I found it similarly potent. If you're saying you need 32mg to equal an eigth of shrooms somethings wrong here. Either you've built tolerance, your miprocin is cut, poorly synth'ed, or decomposed, you get some exceptionally dynamite shrooms, or there's wide variability in how people respond to these chems.

Last edited:
so gloggawogga,

have you ever had any "pains" with this drug?

has it ever felt like "your kidneys hurt?"

there has only been one other person on here that will acknowledge this same feeling with me, and I would trust them.

I also spoke with a nursepractitioner last night (she's seen her hay day of drugs), and she said the problem with all of the RC is that you don't know which could possibly shut your kidneys down.

with her knowledge/experience in the medical field, I would probably trust her in the fact that this stuff is possibly renal toxic.

anyone care to add to this?

Originally posted by curiousgeorge
so gloggawogga,

have you ever had any "pains" with this drug?

has it ever felt like "your kidneys hurt?"

there has only been one other person on here that will acknowledge this same feeling with me, and I would trust them.

I also spoke with a nursepractitioner last night (she's seen her hay day of drugs), and she said the problem with all of the RC is that you don't know which could possibly shut your kidneys down.

with her knowledge/experience in the medical field, I would probably trust her in the fact that this stuff is possibly renal toxic.

anyone care to add to this?

I've never felt any side effects, at all wile using 4-H0-MIPT! 10X's and counting! So far i have used it every other month.

Note; for every one reading this!
I feel one should give there body and mind time to grow/heal. Daily or weekly drug use isn't the fastest way to learn, you know. IMHO:\

I feel; waiting a month or two between dosing, gives your body time to heal and assimilate. Taking the side of caution here, there my be unknown side effects! These are un-tested Research Chemicals!
cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.