PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

The Big & Dandy 4-HO-MiPT Thread - Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenki

Bluelighter
sorry if this has gotten talked about somewhere, else, but i cant seem to find anything.

anyone got a report or experience with this substance?

other than tihkal obviously... im so intrigued with what shulgin says about this substance. i wish i had more info to read

Last edited by a moderator:
there's a lot on 4-aco-mipt, although 4-ho-mipt specifically isn't very common.

I'm digging this thread up again, as I've noticed that 4-ho-mipt has 'materialized'. Has anyone gotten into it yet? I myself am quite curious as to how it will compare to the Aco version.

It seems as though Shulgin was *much* more impressed with 4-ho-mipt than with the Acetoxy version many of us have known and loved. I'm personally interested in how it compares from a body load perspective. As much as I really enjoyed my first experiment with 4-aco-mipt, I experienced a *serious* tremor throughout the duration of the trip (as did the two others I tasted it with). I'm hoping that the Hydroxy version plays better with my nervous system. :)

Anyone?

Best,

...Ad

I will let you know sometime soon!

But, I never had even the slightest hint of bodyload with the AcO, even with extreme doses (meaning 58mg)!

Gave it a taste this weekend

Hi All,

I'm new here as a member, but I have been a lurker for quite some time. Should have joined a long time ago, but regarless, I am glad to be here.

I have a lot of past expereinece with acid and shrooms (years ago) and have been working with research chems for a few months now after a favorable cactus experiment got me interested again.

Anyway, just wanted to make a quick post here about the 4-HO-MiPT that has surfaced. Good stuff to say the least. I haven't put together a trip report or anything, but just wanted to at least post a message that is it a very favorable material. It seems like folks have posted here interested in it, but nobody has mentioned sampling it yet?

I really enjoy 4-AcO-MiPT too and they are not at all unlike one another. Kind of hard to tell for sure since I've only had one expereience with the 4-HO, but I have very high hopes for it and am interested in working with it a lot more.

I probably started a bit high for my first taste of the compound and weighed out 20mg. I've found I'm a bit of a hard-head with many compounds though. One thing I noticed was that at least personally, it didn't reach peak effect as quickly as stated in the TIKHAL entry. So make sure you give it time to ramp up. I had a completely empty stomach and it still took about 1.5 hours to reach peak effect. At that point it had a nice maintained effect for a few hours and than a gradual delcine to baseline.

I think I'm in love. =D It's going to take a bit more experience to see if the compound is really that similar to the 4-AcO or not, but it is more definitely more potent. I got slightly stronger effects from 20mg of 4-HO-MiPT than I do from 30mg of 4-AcO-MiPT. It usually takes pretty big doses of most compounds for me to get decent visuals, but the visuals were starting to build nicely on only 20mg of this. I am very exicted to explore the compound in the 25mg+ range now that I've had a taste. Will likely bump it up 5mg each time until I get to a level I am happy with.

Bottom line is it's definitely a promising compound. I have a feeling this one is going to replace 4-AcO-MiPT as my (currently) favorite tryptamine. More expereince and higher doses will give a better idea if the two compounds are similar (other than potency), but this is much easier to weigh since it is not hygroscopic like the 4-AcO.

Please note I'm not recommending or advocating specific doses of this material. I started at 20mg, which will be too much for many. If you are sensitive to these compounds, I do recommend starting lower. The body load and mental aspect was quite tolerable at this level for me though and I will be exploring it in higher doses. As a comparison, I need at least 30mg of the 4-AcO to have a 'worthwhile' experience.

Take care

-gp

Oh my god! That sounds like me!

This makes me sooooooooo fucking happy! Damn, first week of full time... pay day... I'm getting this stuff!

I *LOVED* the AcO... but I needed about 35-40mg of it to really get where I wanted to go. Not only that, but the hygroscopic nature of the compound drove me ballistic!

This does, indeed, make me EXTREMELY happy!

Thank you for posting about that!

Good karma to you, good sir! ;)

yay! another Georgia boy!

thanks for registering and contributing. Consider writing a trip report for the forum/erowid, wont you?

4-HO-MiPT

I have not yet tried 4-AcO-MiPT, though I am definitely planning on it. However, 4-HO-MiPT was just made available to me, and I was wondering a couple things. Does anyone expect that this chemical will be much different? After trying 4-HO-DiPT, I don't have much of a desire to try 4-AcO-DiPT because I enjoy the harder hitting chemicals. Also, I have heard about the hygroscopic quality of 4-AcO-MiPT. Should I expect the same thing from 4-HO-MiPT?

^^ That's what I'm trying to decide upon. I have grown to LOVE 4-AcO-MIPT, but want some comparisons to the Hydroxy version.

I have to also add that my 4-AcO-MIPT is seemingly NOT hygroscopic, although I take good care of it (in an airtight vial, in the freezer). I have left it out overnight from the freezer, but still in the vial, yet it still maintained its stability. Interesting, must be another batch.

Regardless, I'd love to hear comparisons between the AcO and HO versions as soon as anyone has tried both.

Best,

...Ad

Hey All,

I've tasted the AcO probably about 6-7 times so far in doses up to 40mg. Since I've only tried the HO once so far, I am reluctant to say they are completely similar. However, at a 20mg dose, the 4-HO does resemble the AcO as far as I can tell.

I read another post here about comparing 4-AcO-DET and 4-HO-DET and it would seem although they seem similar at low-normal doses, however at higher to very high doses they show different characteristics (different size/quality of fractals). So I can't say these compounds are completely alike other than potency. Not only because I've only had the 4-HO once, but also, I'm guessing it's possible they may show some differneces in the higher dose ranges as well.

I have very little to no body load with either one of them. Several advantages to me with the 4-HO are:

1) It seems to be respectably more potent than the AcO
2) It does not have a hygroscopic character

So if with subsequent tasting of the 4-HO they prove to be very similar in their actions, the HO will replace the AcO for me. I just feel I need to taste it more than once before I start to judge it's character and similarities too much. However, I will tell you that I was so impressed with this compound, that I wasn't even down from my trip yet and I had already ordered more of it to experiment with. This one deserves some research and is at the top of my list of compounds to explore.

When I weighed out my dose of the 4-HO, I allowed it it sit overnight in the cap and it showed no signs of hygroscopic behavior by the next day. This came as an off-white (slightly gray), fine powder, similar in consistancy to powdered sugar. Not sure of it's long-term stability, but it definitely doesn't show the hygroscopic character of the 4AcO. I'll just be storing the powder in my freezer to see how long it will last.

If everything goes as planned, I will be tasting it in the 25mg range this weekend. I will try to take some notes and write a trip report on this second experience. I didn't really take decent enough notes or anything this last time where I think I could be together a decent trip report.

Take care

-gp

Sounds cool.. Maybe I'll just go with the 4-HO-MiPT instead of the AcO compound. I couldn't imagine them being completely different from eachother, other than the fact that by potency and possibly how intense/visual the HO is over the AcO. I would rather go with the more intense of the two.

That's weird. I didn't notice ANYTHING dark or difficult about this compound. At least at a 20mg dose. On the contrary, it was very positive and pleasant to say the least. I have already weighed out another cap at 26mg for my next dose on Fri or Sat.

I'm not talking sources here, but if you suspect your supply had been cut, can you even trust that it really even contains any 4-HO-MiPT? It sounds very different from my experience.

Anyway, I will post either a more detailed explanation or a trip report of my 26mg experience once I give it another taste this coming weekend. I'm really looking forward to trying it again.

Take care

-gp

4-ho-MIPT

music works well with this stuff, the visuals were moving to the sounds of music.. the music was so nice sounding. one song called straight ahead by tube its a dance type song with a trippy tune it was great..

I just added a trip report on this compound. It's my first trip report here, so please be gentle. I tasted it for the second time today at 26mg. I really like this stuff so far, but I have no desire to push the dose any higher than 26mg for the time being.

-gp

Actually I purchased some 4-ho-mipt because of the somewhat favorable reports of it that I had viewed here. I found it to be quite interesting, with much of the light-shifting tendencies of mushrooms. My dose was a bit high (120mg over about 6hours) but well my doses are always high.

I believe I'll add a trip report so that others can see if they might like this chemical or not.

^^ 120mgs over 6 hours? Wow!

Out of curiosity, what was your original dosage?

I (and everyone who's experimented with me) have gotten 'where we wanted to be' on the AcO (which has been presented as LESS potent then the Hydroxy version) on about 24-28mgs quite successfully.

Go write that trip report. :)

Best,

...Ad

12mg was enough of this material for me. Hit fast and hard and was over quickly too. 12mg was as strong as about 18mg of 4-aco-mipt, or about 3+- grams of shrooms, and lasted about 2 and a half hours with a couple of hours of after effects. Maybe a little more next time, but not too much.

^^ Interesting, glogg - So it was quite abrupt, much like 4-HO-DiPT from what you've stated. I'm not surprised (but slightly disappointed!).

Did you *like* it? I'm suspecting that you did, but can you clarify any comparisons other than strength and duration in respect to 4-AcO-MiPT?

Best,

...Ad

Did you *like* it? I'm suspecting that you did, but can you clarify any comparisons other than strength and duration in respect to 4-AcO-MiPT?

Well, actually, I didn't enjoy it as much as I enjoyed 4-AcO-MiPT. But I don't know if it was the substance or just the mood I was already in at the time.

Hi All!

Has anybody else had the opportunity to sample this yet? Would love to hear about other people's thoughts on this compound.

I'm in the middle of a 20mg peak right now (my third time with it) and I just love this stuff. Sigh.....

Personally I think I'm going to like this better than the 4-AcO. I'm going to give myself a few days off and weigh out a nice dose of the 4-AcO for comparison sake. 4-AcO-MiPT was my favorite before I got this stuff and I haven't tasted it since.

Take care and please post your experimients. I believe there are a few others who are planning on sampling this one this weekend.

Be safe

-gp

Status
Not open for further replies.