• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin black tar heroin

Fucking brown is impossible to find for me. I have been perscribbed opiate pain pills for about two years now and whenever my script runs out and I am waiting for a refilllife fucking sucks.

tar solidifying

The heroin i get here in New Mexico is a really dark brown powder when i first get it. Now it seems once i have exposed the powder to the outside air for too long it begins to turn into tar, and ends up looking very translucent. Does anybody else get product like this, or even heard of it. I'd just like to know why the powder starts turning into a solid with exsposure to the outside. anyone??

This is typical of "good" tar, humidity and/or heat will change the consistency almost immediately...if it clumps up almost translucent then it's probably some really pure stuff!

Hey does anyone have any articles or knowledge or sources or links to information or documentation about some of the junk that ends up in street tar? I'm talking adulterants.

I always hear about black tar being mixed with 'shoe polish'
Is it just me or does this sound unnecessarily volatile...
I mean, chances are if you have shoe polish, you also have access to something, i don't know, less nasty and harsh and toxic? I mean, jeez why not just use Liquid Plumr?

I'd just like some actual proof of some of the wonderful and wacky things found in street grade tar heroin, mainly out of curiosity.
I haven't shot dope since I was a kid, but I always thought that 'shoe polish' scuttlebutt was super scary, which is why I was never comfortable with it and only did it a few times.
I mean, wouldn't a shot of shoe polish kill you?

The most used cuts I've seen are lactose (main cut used), sugar, dried/sticky dr pepper, and brown sugar

Last edited:
Im reading quite a few people that mix tar with liquid and then snort. SWIM knows a much more efficient way to make tar snortable. Put the tar in an advil jar add about half the weight of tar you put in baking powder. IE 1 gram heroin you would add .5 gram baking powder. Then put a quarter in the jar and shake hard for 5 minutes until you get a brown powder...it is harsh but much better and easier than liquifying it and trying to force that in you.

You would have MUCH better luck using 1 part tar with 1 part LACTOSE (u buy @ head shops) and mix in a coffee grinder....most effective method of ingestion next to shooting

hey guys i didnt want to start a new thread so im just gonna bump this one - a few questions...

how do you guys prefer to transfer your tar from the wrapper to your spoon/foil? i find this process to be very irritating and feel as though i get more on my fingers... especially when im jonesin and i have shakey hands (im a pill guy usually... tar once in awhile)

when smoking, ive read its best to place your dope on the dullside. true? does it even matter?

how far away should the flame be from the foil? i keep it a few inches below and seem to get pretty decent hits but some of it still burns and gets all crispy, and leaves a bit of residue. is this normal? or should there only be the black trail leftover?

and finally, i read in another thread something i found quite interesting about turning tar into snortable powder (powder H doesnt seem to exist in houston) but i didnt see any comments or responses to it so i will ask here. is it possible to cook the tar up with water, spread evenly on pyrex, and slowly heat in the oven (they mentioned a microwave but i dont think that sounds too great) until it is evaporated, then scrap n chop until its snortable (sorta like cooking up some K)?

sorry if some of these questions are retarded, as i mentioned i much prefer to use pills but sometimes you gotta take what you can get. i just feel like i waste more material than i need to. it took me awhile to get the hang of smoking it!

Good tar you should cut with a knife. Using your fingers gets a ton of it under your nails. Sometimes you get shit that's rock hard that you can break off pretty easily, but it's not as good as the stuff that's firm yet malleable. Also, smoke with the shiny side down, and run a lighter over both sides of the foil before you put your tar on it.

I like tar because it's easy to smoke and smoking it gets you higher than snorting. If you strictly IV then I guess powder would be better. I'm pretty sure tar fucks up the inside of your veins/arteries. You know how high cholesterol can clog your arteries and kill you? I don't have any scientific evidence to back me up on this, but common sense says injecting anything that hardens is probably worse for you than high cholesterol.

^^

One risk of using tar over powder, (if you're IV'ing) is the possibility of sclerosis, which is a unique health risk to black tar. It's a hardening of the veins that begins to really fuck with your circulatory system. There is also a lot of bacteria present in tar that isn't with powder. That can lead to a whole host of other nasty issues too.

There are 35 different alkaloids present in papavar somniferums (poppy plants) the process which southeast Asia uses results in which is commonly known as Number 4 heroin (china white/ double UO globe). While in other areas of the world where the refinement process is crude thus resulting in number 3 heroin (black tar).. Although crude in comparison to #4 it can still be very potent and I've seen it fool people into believing that it exceeds the potency of #4 (which is obserd) gram for gram there is no comparison, although in real world everyday circumstances, it's all about what's available, and not you're choice of what you want..
In theory The potency and genuine character of true #4 heroin or "double UO globe" is unreal, and unfortunately has NOT been present as an option to buy since the 90's. The afghan brown heroin took it's place and is junk !! As for black tar (#3 heroin) that has all but dried up as well and has been replaced with a mix or brown powder and black rocks.. Although again choice is not an addicts luxury and after a while of getting 20% pure product, the days that you get 35% product feel like a score.. It's truly sad but it's the definitive truth and until suppliers are free from the stranglehold of the middle east, I doubt things will change much for anyone not living in the Burma triangle.
The real truth is that heroin is weak these days.. And it's that way intentionally due to political and special interests that involve the middle east on the western world.. It's commonly known that with low potency product comes increased IV use along with increased disease and Crime in order to hack the same habit.. And that's a good way to cripple any country and it's good people.. So If you honestly believe you've had good product in the last decade, you're just kidding yourself because since 9-1-1 it's almost impossible to get a decent nod... :(

Last edited:
If you've been doing opiates since before 9/11 there's a good chance that it's not that the drugs are bad; you just can't get high anymore because your tolerance is that fucking high. Anyway, tar definitely isn't dried up in AZ and California. It's all you can get out there.

There are 35 different alkaloids present in papavar somniferums (poppy plants) the process which southeast Asia uses I'd commonly known as Number 4 heroin (china white). While in other areas of the world where the refinement process is crude thus resulting in number 3 heroin (black tar)..
The potency and genuine character of actually #4 heroin or "double UO globe" is unreal, and unfortunately has NOT been present as an option to buy since the 90's. The afghan brown heroin took it's place and is junk !! As for black tar (#3 heroin) that has all but dried up as well and has been replaced with a mix or brown powder and black rocks..
The real truth is that heroin is weak these days.. And it's that way intentionally due to the squeeze of the middle east on the western world.. They know that with low potency product comes increased IV use along with increased disease and. Crime in order to hack the same habit.. If you honestly believe you've had good product you're just kidding yourself because since 9-1-1 it's almost impossible to get a good nod... :(

A couple of things wrong here. Black Tar Heroin is #4 heroin, along with a mixture of 6 MAM and 3 MAM. It is from Mexico and is seen in the western half of the US in states west of the Mississippi, with Ohio and possible the Carolinas being the exception, but there is still a large amount of it available. While some areas get #4 southeast Asian heroi the #4 powder heroin in the US comes from Colombia. The heroin from Afghanistan in #2 heroin base, and is prevelant in areas like Europe.

I'm not sure exactly what 9/11 has to do with anything, and research shows that there has actually been an increase in heroin production since then, so if anything it should mean that the potency should be high. The reason that I think that some heroin is weak is because so many new users are around now after switching from prescription pills to heroin, and dealers are trying to take advantage of them. There may be more heroin seizures now since security at ports is heavier since 9/11, but it is hardly putting a dent in the supply chain.

Or maybe it's because I know what I'm talking about.. If you have never seen nor know what real dope is then your answer suits your demographic..(Young and non experienced)..
Also I certainly am not going to argue with anyone about what is real or not.. Maybe things are a bit different because the genre of children can be so easily fooled.. I seriously laugh a the googled chemical info that is also used.. Southeast asian # 4 is china white.. # 3 is black tar .. Peace and good luck trying to educate yourself when you seem to be so informed with the internet as your source.. Problem #2 is most of you never have had to learn things the hard way.. And is probably why this trend of low grade junk will continue to be impressive considering it's market is one of people who never could explain what a bundle is...

^ Heroin #3 is a mixture of heroin and caffeine, made for smoking. There is nothing wrong with using the internet as a source of information. A lot of people learn how to shoot smack on the streets, and more often than not the technique they learned on the street is improper compared to the safer ways described on the internet.

I actually agree that low grade junk is able to be sold because of all the new users these days. When I started using 6 years ago all of my sources were consistent and had good quality heroin. Now it's not the same, although in the northeast the quality is still high, but the quantity is down, but I agree that more lower quality stuff is around than before, but there are also a lot more people selling it than before. You really can't argue with lab results though. You can't say that heroin is bad if it is 82% pure, and if you look at the DEA seizures that state the average percentage of purity of the heroin in that area, you really can't argue. I do hear that a lot of tar is shit these days, so I'm just referring to #4 Colombian heroin found in NY.

It's all changed, and although DEA seizures may indeed show high grade product, it's not making it to the people.. In the late 80's things began to shift toward heroin rather then coke.. Being from the northeast and living most of my years there I seen incredible stuff. Again things were different each dealer had a stamp you knew what was good by the reputation set by the individuals stamp.. Now it's changes they got rid of bags, bundles and bricks, and in their place became the gram bag.. All because of laws instituted to fine each (dime) bag with a mandatory year sentence.. So even back in my home of Boston it's all disappointing.. Yes, there's always a tolerance factor but when your doing one bag and wake up with a rig in you, it's good stuff.. Fast forward to just the last several years and. All the way to the opposite coast and honestly tar or powder is all at best mediocre and weak!! I've seen a heck of a lot in my day and the biggest change is the people you deal with.. Back in the day there was a reputation and competition (hence bag stamps) now there is no respect for the poor guy wanting to escape the weight of the world for even a moment.. It's all business with these punks and no respect.. No leeway no making things extra big and potent come a long weekend or holiday.. No, no it's all gone to crap, and although times change it would be nice to see some respect among these kids who are mere sons or grandson's to the once population of your everyday supplier. No rest for the wicked I guess... :(

^ I should have clarified that these were seizures at the street level, ie buying off the corner. NY still has stamps, but it's only the reputable sources that have consistent product, and who still bag up stamps by the thousands. However, there has been an influx in unstamped bags, that only vary by color (blue, yellow, green, purple) whereas years ago it was all stamped bags, primarily white, followed by blue. In this passed year I have actually vomitted after sniffing 2 bags at a time since it was so strong, but that is only from 2 sources out of about 5 or 6.

But trust me, stampes, bundles, bricks, sleeves, etc, are still the norm around here, but the reputable dealers are harder to come by than before, but I think there are still the same amount of them, but just a lot more newer dealers have popped up that are just trying to take advantage of the market. My main guy has had the same dope since October since I started going to him, so his stamps are the same and still carry that brand loyalty. I stopped wasting my money on anything else, and only go to that dealer or my 1 decent backup after working a hard week and looking to get high without pissing my money away on stuff that you can barely even call heroin. In that link at the beginning of the paragraph someone actually mentions the Boston scene, and it's pretty much like you said.

There are 35 different alkaloids present in papavar somniferums (poppy plants) the process which southeast Asia uses results in which is commonly known as Number 4 heroin (china white/ double UO globe). While in other areas of the world where the refinement process is crude thus resulting in number 3 heroin (black tar).. Although crude in comparison to #4 it can still be very potent and I've seen it fool people into believing that it exceeds the potency of #4 (which is obserd) gram for gram there is no comparison, although in real world everyday circumstances, it's all about what's available, and not you're choice of what you want..
In theory The potency and genuine character of true #4 heroin or "double UO globe" is unreal, and unfortunately has NOT been present as an option to buy since the 90's. The afghan brown heroin took it's place and is junk !! As for black tar (#3 heroin) that has all but dried up as well and has been replaced with a mix or brown powder and black rocks.. Although again choice is not an addicts luxury and after a while of getting 20% pure product, the days that you get 35% product feel like a score.. It's truly sad but it's the definitive truth and until suppliers are free from the stranglehold of the middle east, I doubt things will change much for anyone not living in the Burma triangle.
The real truth is that heroin is weak these days.. And it's that way intentionally due to political and special interests that involve the middle east on the western world.. It's commonly known that with low potency product comes increased IV use along with increased disease and Crime in order to hack the same habit.. And that's a good way to cripple any country and it's good people.. So If you honestly believe you've had good product in the last decade, you're just kidding yourself because since 9-1-1 it's almost impossible to get a decent nod... :(

I think thats a load of bullshit

I am basically sitting on 'ground zero' and heroin aroudn here is still clocking in at high as the 90 percentile + when you look at dea random buys around North Jersey and NYC. "...its not making it to the people" is also bullshit because they get these samples from doing random buys around town, like buying 10 different stamps around paterosn/newark/nyc. These are nto stats from kilo seizures dude. Saying you know what you are taklign about doesn't make it true..hope you know that. Lol if 35% pure dope feels like a score you seriously need to find a new dealer.

But if you are specifically talking about dope in Las Vegas I have no doubt it's horse shit tar unless you have good connects. You say you grew up in the north east and its 'changed from stamps bundles bricks' to 'gram bags' thats total bullshit. You couldnt find a gram bag if you tried aroudn here. It's all stamps and the shit is fuckign bomb. The tristate area, even high level dealers are working with stamps. Only the peoplebringing it in deal wtih milling it. These mills put out a few thousand bundles minimum each time they mill shit up. If you don't believe it just read some news man. LOL If a dealer around here was like yo man I cut my own dope up etc.. it'd be total bullshit if it was even true.

It sounds like your pretty old and you probably have no good connects. I have been buying the same 3 or 4 stamps for a year some even more. When the shit is fluffy white powdered dope that mixes 100% translucent and a singel bag blows shooting 100mg oxy out of the water, you know the dope is good. If you sniff, a single bag from paterson which costs less than a sixer of crap beer, will be better than sniffing a 30mg oxy IR.

Also wtf ..laws instituted to fine each dime bag with a year sentence? Haha for real where are you getting this shit? And you think the internet is a bad place to get your facts? WTF? What exactly was the point of posting this topic?

Last edited:
My personal opinion / experience is that the method of "preparing" foil by running a lighter over both sides of a piece (when smoking tar) has an end result of releasing more of whatever it is that you're trying to avoid by doing it in the first place than not doing it at all. I have found shiny-side-down to be best and believe it to be preferred by the general consensus. When running the lighter all over the foil that shit ends up spread all throughout one's airspace and is thereby much more likely to end up in one's lungs than whatever much smaller amount would be released via regular good-technique smoking.

So I know some people that have been getting tar heroin that say it doesn't smoke at all and basically it was a waste to buy, etc.
Black tar is smokable so how is it able to not be smokable? (I hope that question makes sense)
I'm very curious about this any information is appreciated.

So I know some people that have been getting tar heroin that say it doesn't smoke at all and basically it was a waste to buy, etc.
Black tar is smokable so how is it able to not be smokable? (I hope that question makes sense)
I'm very curious about this any information is appreciated.

They could be buying stuff that's cut/bunk.

I see. That does make sense.
Thanks.

Could that same cut-to-shh stuff be okay IV'd? or like reasoning suggests any tar you can't smoke would also be crap to IV because of all the cut?

When using foil, the shiny side should NEVER touch your drugs. The dull side should be in contact with the drugs.