• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin black tar heroin

No, this is opium.

Black tar is very refined opium, treated with glacial acetic acid and/or acetic anhydride (most often acetic anhydride). It is very, very different than raw opium latex. The active constiuents are usually diacetylmorphine, unreacted morphine, 6-monoacetylmorphine and acetylcodeine (amoung other non CNS-active quinolines). The reason why tar tastes like vinager, is because of the acetic anhydride, which resembles the taste and smell of vinager......

And tar is not a "cut" of powder (although it can be melted powder), it is a cheaper way of manufacturing heroin. And like powder, it can range in potency, even to 80%+ purity (this is rare, usually translucent tar).....

I find it best injected, as smoking is quite harsh (compared to raw opium, but its FAR more potent). Plently of people get seriously addicted to smoking heroin (i know a guy who smokes a gram or 2 a day), so it obviously works, IF you do it right, and chase it, instead of burning it. You DO NOT apply direct flame to tar heroin, its "freebased". Usually you make a boat shaped piece out of tin foil, put the ball of tar on one end, heat it up and let it melt and roll down the foil at downward angle. So you follow the line the heroin residue makes with your hollowed out pen and inhale the fumes. This takes a bit of practice, but once you do it right, and you can handle the harsh fumes, it can be quite effective. But i prefer, by far, injecting it. You can dissolve it water and snort the liquid, but this method is pretty inefficient....

Thats interesting you say that because the times I have had ridiculously fire tar (stuff which long term users I know fell off a .1-.2 shot), if you looked at it close enough you could see it was translucent. The stuff was usually a little more brown than black, and if you put it up to the light you could actually see the light shining threw. Thats funny you said that because I have yet to hear anyone on here bring this up.

I have been "waterlining" black tar for years, and I can only say good things about it. It's socially acceptable, I just have an allergy medicine bottle that I can use anywhere. Definitely less wasteful than smoking.

as far as the question about the brown powder that turns to tar, they get a big hard chunk of black tar and stick it in the food processor/blender whatever. This gives them a brown powder that when slightly heated, turns back to tar. In my experience, the harder and more translucent dope is, the more potent it is. I know other junkies that say the gooey, soft, black stuff is better, but I think that's BS

basically the mexicans are too lazy to take the last few steps to turn tar into number 4 heroin, so we end up with an "acetylated opium" product.

This really doesn't say much about potency though, I have had black tar in denver and portland that was waaay better than the white powder I got in New Jersey.

Yes, but how do you know what was in the powder and what was in the tar, as well as the exact amounts of active chemicals?

You have no idea what you're getting, and I think you are just speaking from a "more-bang-for-your-buck" standpoint, no pun intended.

For snorting water go get a nasal spray bottle from the store. Fill with the least water possible, add tar shake it and snort! This way it covers the inside of your nose and doesn't just drip down. And you can do it in public!

I heard about a guy who did this method for a few months straight, basically all day every day, and ended up in the hospital with pneumonia and a lump of bacteria/mucus/ possibly bits of tar and whatever-the-fuck-was-in-the-tar.

The few times I tried this, I tried my best to keep everything out of my lungs and such when lying back by blowing out of my nose slightly (which, in turn, caused a little explosion of tar-water splattering it all over the mucus membrane, but as we all know, the risks and dangers with drug use can pop up everywhere, like--- shooting pills that have Talc, causing the talc to be deposited in the lungs...

In short, don't do this drug. you never know how soiled it is or what new strain of Flu is in your Mexican Black Tar.

i get tar (or what everyone here calls "brown") here in the northwest everyday , most people here smoke it using a propane torch, and butter knife, a sowing needle and a hootong. First u conect a torch head to the propane bottle which can be bought at walmart, u set it on the ground and stack boxes or whatever u can find on top of each other until u can place the butter knife on the stacked items so that it will sit in the flame made by the torch. U stick the tar heroin to something else ( preferably another knife of some sort) then u take of small amounts of the tar with the end of the needle, generally small amounts these are called pinners. Then when the butter knife that has been sitting in the flame is slightly red hot u place the heroin that is on the end of the pin ( the pinner) on the hot part of the knife and suck up the smoke. It is usually pretty harsh on the throat which is why most people us a hootong. A hootong is usually a soda bottle with a straw sized hole in it close to the bottom of the bottle, then u take a straw or a pen and heat it up about an inch from one of the ends and bend it down, once i have done that slide the straw or pen into the hole of the bottle and make sure it has a good seal where the straw is inserted in to the bottle, put water in the bottle so it barely covers the end of the straw that is in the bottle, this works like a bong and perculates the smoke through the water which cools the hit. Later once you've smoke a substantial amount through the hootong the water will darken which later u can cook down and smoke again, but thats another story. Hope this helps some newbies!

^^^ Thats the most stupid thing I have ever read. You smoke heroin through a shitty ass home made water bong?

Obviously, many of the posts claiming to consider the 80% pure black tar to be "rare" were from quite a while ago... Nowadays, (in SoCal) the stronger obsidian-looking stuff is making quite a comeback, though it is not nearly as common as the goopy or hard textured stuff...

Obviously, the majority of us don't have enough chemistry expertise nor the tools necessary to test the purity.. Regardless, I will say this: the opaque-obsidian-rock type tends to be the strongest; that is for sure.
(There is only ONE case I know of where the harder textured stuff was on par with the obsidian.. but that stuff is no more, apparently.)
- You can mostly tell by smelling it: it has an aggressive, nose-tickling smell that is unfamiliar, and then of course - the familiar vinegar smell.

Take it from a daily user with quite the high tolerance, that a shot with 0.1 of the obsidian-type tar in 60 units of water is as strong as any 1 stampbag of New Jersey fire (powder)... and I speak now from very recent experience, in which there was the privilege of trying 3 different varieties of stamps in NJ just a few days ago.

I must admit - there was a growing disdain for black tar while out on the east coast the other day.. Just the act of slamming liquid that looked - by all accounts - to be devoid of anything, save for the water itself, was heavenly.. The feel of the cool liquid moving up the vein.. none of the usual prickly/burning feeling associated with the slam altogether.. and a clean, quick, and smooth high that came on as naturally as an adrenaline rush.. Though, upon returning, there was a quick reminder for any doubters that there is a good reason for the existence of black tar, and its continuity..

If you're lucky and find yourself some obsidian tar, then take it from me when I say that what you feel is literally the same (depending on your source, of course) as the heavenly powder from the east side.

Be Safe..

Last edited:
its actually possible to convert BTH to a powder snortable form. Find a non-burning pill or sugar or something and just mix the shit up. its pretty easy actually.

i get tar (or what everyone here calls "brown") here in the northwest everyday , most people here smoke it using a propane torch, and butter knife, a sowing needle and a hootong. First u conect a torch head to the propane bottle which can be bought at walmart, u set it on the ground and stack boxes or whatever u can find on top of each other until u can place the butter knife on the stacked items so that it will sit in the flame made by the torch. U stick the tar heroin to something else ( preferably another knife of some sort) then u take of small amounts of the tar with the end of the needle, generally small amounts these are called pinners. Then when the butter knife that has been sitting in the flame is slightly red hot u place the heroin that is on the end of the pin ( the pinner) on the hot part of the knife and suck up the smoke. It is usually pretty harsh on the throat which is why most people us a hootong. A hootong is usually a soda bottle with a straw sized hole in it close to the bottom of the bottle, then u take a straw or a pen and heat it up about an inch from one of the ends and bend it down, once i have done that slide the straw or pen into the hole of the bottle and make sure it has a good seal where the straw is inserted in to the bottle, put water in the bottle so it barely covers the end of the straw that is in the bottle, this works like a bong and perculates the smoke through the water which cools the hit. Later once you've smoke a substantial amount through the hootong the water will darken which later u can cook down and smoke again, but thats another story. Hope this helps some newbies!

I don't think I've ever read a more complicated, wastefull way to smoke expensive drugs.

What the hells wrong with just "running" it on tin-foil?

I would love to try tar some day because I have never had the opportunity to smoke H... not complaining as there is quality powder in the Northeast US but I like tryin different things. From things I have heard quality tar can be just as good as east coast powder.

As far as slamming tar tho, i have to imagine it is a lil worse for your body/veins than shooting powder... just based on the sticky consistency of tar i just always figured that. I could be wrong tho!

i think slammin tar is cleaner than smokin it, cuz atleast when u cook it down in the water and put the cotton in it, the cotton soaks up the cut, so generally ur slammin the cleaner side of the tar rather than smokin it, cut and all. But thats just my opinion, but again i could b wrong

^^^ Thats the most stupid thing I have ever read. You smoke heroin through a shitty ass home made water bong?

u think smoking off of foil is smarter than using a hootong? than ur an idiot, all ur gonna get with smokin off of foil is Alzheimer and a fucked up throat, at least the hootong cools each hit and saves ur throat. and i dont care if u think thats stupid, i was just sayin thats how everyone here does it, i have never once seen someone use foil, never. and u dont have to use propane u can use a coil stove or whatever u have to heat the knife, but either way its way smarter than using foil, that is if u just have to smoke it. I dont recommend smoking it anyways, its such a wast compared to slammin it. and that shit about snorting dope water? that sounds so retarded when there is plenty of other ways to do it that would b way more effective than that.

I don't think I've ever read a more complicated, wastefull way to smoke expensive drugs.

What the hells wrong with just "running" it on tin-foil?

and i dont know where u live at, but tar is not expensive compared to all drugs, i mean here its 15 dollars for a half gram, and 30 dollars for a gram and so on.

Over here its £10 for 0.2grams powder smack.

Point still stands - its unneeded and wastefull.

Just vaporise and chase it on foil.

No cardboard boxes, no blowtorches required.

what do u mean vaporise? and the cardboard boxes are just used to stage the butter knife so it it sits right in the flame so u dont have to hold it there.
But again what do u mean by vaporise? i get the run it on foil cuz thats how u smoke a oxy.
what does that little symbol in front of ur 10 mean? euros or what? like what is that in american dollars?

^ Its a silly debate that will never end, but people say that since the Mexicans use crudely refined opium as opposed to highly refined morphine (like in SEA and such), that when you add acetic anhydride to the mix its simply "acetylated opium" and not heroin at all because it contains all the other opium alkaloids. For the record: its black tar heroin.

OMG! i remember this goin on before for ever. . maybe 5 years ago. .maybe the .nu or even .com days. . .but i still think that Negro is right in a way. .but ima leave it alone. . i read hours of lit on it and i dont know. . LoL

anyway, my question now is why. .is it time that is much of a problem when the factorys are producing that they counldnt take what seems like an easier and definate more profitable route to #3 or #4 from refined opium

Time restraint : amount shipped is the only reason i can think of.
do they send out that much?

or do they just get dirty opium in the first place and just start producing from there

i live in Pittsburgh so we get daily shipments from jersey and NYC, but recently a tar ring was busted here that tracked straight to Mexico. . the stuff was decent. but dirty. . and comparing amounts done, i mean 1/2 gram to a gram per shot compared to < 1/2 gram of regular jersey powder on the high end for a mid-tolerant user. however taking price into account it seemed to work out in the long run

We also get raw, which is light brown/tan/sometimes almost white powder. . sometimes this is almost rocked up and very very hard, sometimes soft and easily crushable. (with no noticable differences in strength between the 2). .much like cocaine around here. . i guess this is comin from the west so maybe someone from Chicago or something could shed some light on why this shit can seem like 2 different forms but be the same. is the rocky shit re-rocked or just newer (before it got a time to crush up)or maybe older shit (like some stale old brick weed)

thanks
PEACE!!!
Technical User

and i dont know where u live at, but tar is not expensive compared to all drugs, i mean here its 15 dollars for a half gram, and 30 dollars for a gram and so on.

wow you must be getting some garbage for that price. Also, smoking tar off foil is the best and least wasteful way of smoking. Also did you seriously just say you smoke oxy off foil? 8)

So you pretty much pay the least amount for your dope than anybody else in the US if those are the prices. Also, why wouldn't you get a deal on the full gram instead of it being just double the price the half gram? Usually as the weight goes up you get better deals.
Oh and congrats on paying half of what the rest of the US does on their dope. Look at the price threads, you will see that something isn't right there.
My bet is that you are getting that opium that grows abundantly in those poppies all over Washington state, and not heroin.